Forums > Social Chat > any fire tribes in Sydney???????

Login/Join to Participate

PoiBoyDownundermember
4 posts

Posted:
New to Sydney and need to learn some top tricks is there anybody out there in Sydney that can help me out pleeeeeeeeeeeez!!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
check in the meet others database.I can personally recommend The Wick Effect (and friends) and the Fire Flies as groups you can learn from. The former are a bunch of total Groovers too smileJosh

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Flash is a part of them,So you would get to meet her in person. That's if she is not too busy with that new comedy special she is doing..."Everybody Loves Flash" grinKeep on Chirping!hehe------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ROTFL!Josh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I guess while I'm on hiateous (sp??) I can manage a few nights fire spinning... winkPBDU - we meet every Wednesday night at Camperdown Memorial Park in Newtown from about 7.30pm, kinda near the swings and see-saws. You are most welcome to come along and play, regardless of your abilities. As the weather warms up, more people are coming again - last summer we had fantastic gatherings of sometimes around 40 people; newbies, elders and spectators...just make sure you bring some fuel along, cos it gets waaay to expensive for us supplying everyone all the time.email me if you like: sair_steve@yahoo.comforgot to mention that we have had many HOPers play with us in the past, including Josh and Katinca, Bobrob, Heva, Augusta and currently Dangerboy.[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 19 October 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

nexus_sunmember
47 posts

Posted:
You can also check out the fireartfanatics (www.fireartfanatics.com) who meet every Thurdsy night at the end of Glebe Point Road, Glebe. A few people also meet in St. Peters, just outside the train station, at the 3ft from the curb cafe.So now, you should have Sydney based fire kids to play with on Wed, Thurs, Sun!nexus_sun

nexus_sunmember
47 posts

Posted:
You can also check out the fireartfanatics (www.fireartfanatics.com) who meet every Thurdsy night at the end of Glebe Point Road, Glebe. A few people also meet in St. Peters, just outside the train station, at the 3ft from the curb cafe.So now, you should have Sydney based fire kids to play with on Wed, Thurs, Sun!nexus_sun

nexus_sunmember
47 posts

Posted:

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
Monday nights the Circussoc at UNSW meets on the Library Lawn.More info: https://ccls1.cse.unsw.edu.au/~malcolmr/circusoc/index.php(Most)
Tuesday nights a group gets together in the North Rocks/Carlingford area. Email me (redpaper@hotmail.com) for more info.Almost got the whole week and all of Sydney covered in fire events now. wink

thoominmember
1 post

Posted:
Hey, I'm also new to Sydney and living in Bondi Beach. If anyone is in the mood to light stuff on fire and spin it down by the ocean let me know. I just got fire poi and have yet to try it.Also, if anyone knows, which of the groups are easiest and closest to get to w/out a car? Buses and trains and I get along very well.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
thoomin,A few of us are probably meeting tomorrow nite on the sth end of bondi. as long as the weather's good,just look for the fire.....we're hard to miss!

PoiBoyDownundermember
4 posts

Posted:
I'm also in Bondi so i'm going to look out for the fire cheers to all for the reply's it looks like it's going to be a busy week of twirling.Does anybody know where i can get my hands on some 4 inch wicks ??????.

PoiBoyDownundermember
4 posts

Posted:
Anyone in the Bondi area who want's to twirl can email me at poopfly@hotmail.com

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
The Wick Effect weekly gatherings are very accessible by public transport... the park is a 3 minute walk from Newtown train station...get off trainfollow everyone up the stairscross over road (King Street)look for small "paved" area with stone spheres in the ground, Newtown Community Centre on left. Walk through paved area and up street. At t intersection, see Courthouse Hotel on RHS - turn into this street and see park on your LHS... we are around there from about 7.30pm on Wednesday nights (unless its raining)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Yup, come and play, and if u know any drummers get em to come along, I generally post a weather report in the "events and performances and gatherings forum" on the day so ya know what its going to be like.------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Burntmember
13 posts

Posted:
emthren, i go to UNSW, i didnt know there were twirlers there! Just my luck to find out in the second last week of the year, oh well,maybe next year.------------------

Play with fire and you might get Burnt.