TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Now I've read about stuff that happened at burning man this year, and seen loads of pictures, I really want to go to the next one.Since I cn't find out anything about it, I was wondering if anyone here knows anything.Info on stuff like when the tickets usually go on sale would be greatly appreciated------------------King of all things Walrus

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
www.burningman.comRead, read, and read some more

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Wow, they must have updated their site just after I read the other one. I couldn't find any mention of 2002 when I read it.Thanks for the link smile------------------King of all things Walrus

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Hey Bovrilgreat minds think alike then, gotta read up on it more yet, but I don't think any of my mates that would wanna go would be able to afford it. SO if ya gonna go - let me know..M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I have the same problem, I can't see any of my friends wanting to go, since they'd rather go kayaking in europe.Also, it'll cost a fair bit of money to get there with all the kit for a week. I suppose I could probably scrape some together, it'd be well worth it.I'm still not entirely sure I'll be able to go, but if I can then we might as well go in a group.Anyone else interested?------------------King of all things Walrus

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
For sure !!! I would love to go !!! But please keep in mind that we also have this HOP fire gathering in NZ around Feb / March 2003 and that is really something to save $$ for as well... can't really miss it, can we ???shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Good point about the HOP gathering, I'll have to start saving for that too.The other problem I see about Burning Man is the volume of stuff I'll need according to the list on the website (like stuff to make a sunshade out of).Since I'm not too keen on carrying it with me by plane, I'm assuming I'll have to buy some things once I'm in America.Does anyone have any idea of the prices of things I'm likely to need, or any ideas as to how I can get it to America easily?

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well, if others are going, then how could i refuse. If people from all over are going maybe an aussie would be welcome too??I think prices are pretty much similar to other countries for the same products....but really what do you need. Some tarps, some really big funky cushions, some rope and some poles (or big bits of wood). Just like being in scouts (without the funky cushions). smileCheers APB

Good on usGood on us all

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Anyone who would rather go kayaking as opposed to going to Burningman DEFINITELY has their prioroties screwed up beyond all porportion - at least in my little fantasy world. More likely, it means they have no idea what they are missing. I didn't go to Burningman for a couple years after learning about it, and finally went this year because some friends made damned sure I did. They even bought me the ticket for my birthday - best birthday present I ever recieved. I feel like a complete putz for not having gone earlier.It does cost some $$$ to do it right, but it is soooooo worth it. I consider it close to the best value I have ever gotten for my money. I'll never look at the human race the same way again (and that's a good thing). Just make sure to take some time the first time you go. The whole week if possible, and longer if you can manage it. I was there a week, and by the end, I felt like it had been three days at most (not nearly enough for sure). Actually, I have no concept of the time I spent there, or when and where it happened. I mean I know the physical dates and place, but I can't put my memories in any proper order or associate them with anywhere I have ever been. It is like I was in another dimention. I'm still arguing with the friends I went with what the order of events were, and a hard copy of the Burningman itinerary is completely useless in figuring out who's correct (if anyone). It takes a couple days to really get into it, but once you do, well... you just have to go because words fail me here. -v-[This message has been edited by vanize (edited 20 October 2001).]

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Creating a comfortable living space at B-man can be quite costly alone.It easiest to meet someone off the B-man Regional contact list in your area of the world who is also going, or someone you can meet up when you're in the states. Its fairly easy, just wait till the months closer to the event. That way you can share costs, get a feel of things,transpo and hopefully make a new friend =PShade structures can cost anywhere from 30- up to a couple hundred bucks in US $. Just remember you have to get something, or fix something to be able to handle the wind. This year we will be sewing bed sheets together, lots and lots to cover our structure on all sides, helps with sun,wind,privacy, etc, etc.. A trip to the hardware store is a pretty good idea to pick up things like rebar. Finding a way to bring a bike is also, something you'll regret later if you don't=]Hope it helps..