Page:
spiffspiffmember
52 posts

Posted:
How does one normally spin glow sticks. Not poi-like, just kinda twirlin aroud in their hands. I've seen people do it, but i dont know how. I wanna do an act where i spin glowsticks for a minute or so, then "accidently" drop them, but the glow sticks are really on strings, and then i start spinning them like poi. Does anyone know any good websites that teach you how do glowsticks?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Dead images again...I'd like to see em tho - perhaps you could provide the link to the images?Josh

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
in the origonal question, u asked what can u tie it with, be4 i was twirling i was a rockclimber, and we had thin ropes for other uses, i think they got down to about 3mm up to 12mm, and all of then easyly can hold body weight. so a glow stick should hold, but i know where to get them in bris, but anywhere else would just be a rockclimbing shop, but if ur rope does the job its not worth the effort getting this other stuff. but if in doubt, this stuff will hold 4 sure

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
sorry about the dead images. try right clicking on them and selecting "open image" this will first open a new page dislpaying the image and then the image will also appear in the post. it atleast worked for me. sorry

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
i tried to open them, it said show picture, but it realoaded the pic and still didnt work, bugga

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
damn i hate it when then that happenshttps://emptyset.8m.com/rave.html this has all my light streaks. the ones on the bottom are me doing wave[This message has been edited by emptyset (edited 02 February 2001).][This message has been edited by emptyset (edited 02 February 2001).]

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
I was just reading through this thread again, and i noticed that Simos said that he did the weave with just glowsticks and no strings or anything, and he has never seen anyone else do it. well, guess what, i do that move too. i thought about doing something like that after i started using stringed glowsticks, and i wondered what moves with strings could be done with just sticks, and naturally i figured out how to do the weave with just sticks.Like Simos said, it isnt really that hard, but it does hurt your shoulders a bit. The reason i think that most people dont do that move is because its not really a regular glowsticking move where you keep your wrists close together, but it looks really good.Elbowed figure 8 is another move where you dont keep your wrists together, and i dont see many people doing that move either. It is pretty much a figure 8 where, instead of rotating around your wrists, you rotate around your elbows. (Did that make any sense? i dunno). well whatever.-Hapes-Nova, -good ol' fashioned raver

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
yeah i know what your talking about with doing the figure 8 at the elbows. and i also know the weave with sticks (boy do my shoulders kill). but there is somethin Hapes-Nova forgot to mention. Most of the time when i do stix i hold the glowsticks between my middle 2 fingers and my pinker and forefinger, but when i do the weave with sticks i just grip them normally. this help the sticks give a more circular streak. (but to make anything look good make sure u can change grips while doing stix)------------------bring light into the night[This message has been edited by emptyset (edited 06 February 2001).]

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
oh yeah. i do that too, just didnt mention it. i think Simos also said something about that too.-Hapes-Nova, glowstick man

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Anyone know where you can buy CHEAP glowsticks from UK websites.cheerspeace out garbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe:

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Garbo - my experience with glowsticks in the UK is not the best so far...most of the outdoors shops etc are rip-offs; the standard price for glowsticks is £2.5 each...i usually buy them from this nightclub i go to and they cost £1 there (exactly the same glowsticks!!!) - also at a university event a college bar was selling a 'home-made' coctail for £1 a glass and was giving a glowstick as a present with every glass purchased; i am sure he was making a profit too so i'll leave you to figure out how much glowsticks really cost!!! i am interested too in buying them from a web-site so if you find out anything let me know; in the US you can get them for less than a dollar each but i guess the shipping costs will make the whole thing not worth the trouble! oh well at least there are others out there who can understand my pain!!! winkhappy swinging,Simos

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
oh i nearly forgot!!! i once looked into it and found some UK company that sells them (i can't remember the price but i think they were cheap!) - i didn't bother looking into it any further but i remember posting their number on the old board; hmmmm maybe it's worth trying to call them!!! i found the number - it's 01722744737 and the company is called Omniglow; please let me know if you find anything about them...happy swinging,Simos

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
Simos, omniglow is the company that first manufactured chemical glowsticks, and they practically have a monopoly on the glowstick industry. chances are, every glowstick you find is gonna be omniglow. smaller companies just buy their glowsticks from omniglow, and then sell them from their own retailers. There are a few different branches of omniglow, one i remember is cyalume, but its all under the same company. Just thought i'd let you know. their website is: www.omniglow.com-Hapes-Nova, glowing raver

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
thanx for that Hapes-Nova...i have seen their website (that's how i found out about them) and from what i remember they were quite cheap too...thanx for the info though, i never realized they were so big!happy swinging,Simos

greddyfirebratBRONZE Member
87 posts

Posted:
hiya guys im looking for a set of glow sticks i want a red and a green one if anyone knows anywhere to get ahold on them pm me thanks guys biggrin

fire is a living thing it can breath and it eats so respect the fire

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Holy 5 year old thread Batman!

I find the folks at www.glowsticking.com to be lovely and informative.

[Not the ones that come here. Just the ones that stay over there. wink ]

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Page: