Forums > Social Chat > High School Spinning and age?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
blue_flameBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
Hey I've been spinning for awhile and reading many many many! wink posts and it seems like most people are older than I am (I'm 15). I was just curious of how old you guys are...any more young spinners (fire or glowsticks) out there?Thanks, Chris grin

Defy Gravity!

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hey Cutie poi girlie sorry I didn't reply to your earlier post. I live in Whitley.It's great there's someone my age. Where did you used to live.F_S------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

wulffmember
79 posts

Posted:
i'm 21 and just got into it like 6 mnths ago.. but been doing staff for years (not lit up, just reg)

wulff

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
heya im almost 17 n ive been twirling with staffs for almost a year..n ive just started poi .. yay smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I am 15 and no one i know is in to fire spining i just started about 2 weeks a go and my dads still a little freaked.... they made me spin a broom stick for a good 4 weeks before could even think about it but now theres no stoping me

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone, im 16 and have been practicing staff for about a year now and poi for about 6 months, me and Hitokage kinda started poi together and were probably about equally good, but hes a lot better on staff than i am, and yeah, i guess were pretty good, at least for our town, its damn fun

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Kinniemember
7 posts

Posted:
Hey, I am 17...been spinning for about 6 months now. I thought there was no one at my school, but there's a new "rave club" on campus and there some people who spin glowsticks. Although they are more about going fast and doing snappy motions whereas I want to be more fluid and dance with my poi.

Pardon me while I burst into flames. I've had enough of the world, and its people's mindless games...- incubus

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
wow... I felt old when I started climbing ... now I feel old with poi. I`m 23 and been spinning for about 1 month. Yeeha...

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
It is sooo cool that there are so many of us talented people
Non-Https Image Link
it makes me so happy.F_SDon't worry i'm just mad------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
I'm 18 now, but I was about 14 when I started juggling and clubswinging, 15 when I started doing fire. At the last juggling festival, I taught a bunch of kids (ie under 10) to do staff, and they picked it up sooo fast! Some of them were almost impossible to teach, really short attention spans, but there were a couple who would learn a move, go away and perfect it, then come running back a minute later yelling "teach me another one, teach me another one!". I was so impressed at their determination, they really wanted to learn and they would just hammer away at a move until they got it. I really hope they carry on with it.....by the time these kids are teenagers they'll be waaay better than me winkx

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

swingin_zenemember
1 post

Posted:
hey, i'm 13 years old and i know how you feel everyone's heaps older than me!

UnclassifiedLeggyGirlBRONZE Member
One day penguins will take over the world
916 posts

Posted:
wavehello im 15, ive been spinning for about a month n a half now. im still not very good coz i dont have much time to practice (im taking 4 extra classes) but i still have loads of fun when i do spin. although i have found that my parents dont like it very much, something to do with me hurting myself etc. oh well, just though id pop in,bye

ummmm...........anybody have any suggestions as to what i can put here?!

mjk is monitoring your interwebs!

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
Im 14, been spinning for 2 years, am still really a beginner as i dont have much time to practice. I want fire but im not allowed.

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Seabadgermember
25 posts

Posted:
I'm 15...Only been spinning for about 4 months.

Yes, homework has to come 2nd!!! Even now I'm ment to be doing coursework.

Although maybe stopping work to spin increases the quality of homework, you can hardly concentrate while thinking only of spinning. rolleyes

fat_hampsterBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
I'm 16, I've been spinning for a year, but i only really got into it at the end of the summer. coincidentally I also got my first set of firepoi at the end of the summer smile

cause the air outside will make
our cells divid at an alarming rate
until our shells simply cannot hold
all our insides in, and thats when we'll explode
and it won't be a pretty site.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Holy 5 year old bumpup.

Kinda funny that none of the people that started this thread are in High School anymore. And most of them aren't on HoP anymore either.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Page: