Forums > Social Chat > High School Spinning and age?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
blue_flameBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
Hey I've been spinning for awhile and reading many many many! wink posts and it seems like most people are older than I am (I'm 15). I was just curious of how old you guys are...any more young spinners (fire or glowsticks) out there?Thanks, Chris grin

Defy Gravity!

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hey blue_flame, there has been another post on age but hey, I'm 13, I've been practising now for about a year.------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

blue_flameBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
Sorry...I did a search for high school spinning and then for age but I couldn't find what I was looking for...thanks for replying so fast!

Defy Gravity!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey, im 14 and spinning.Im not that good, though.I can do like... a 2-swipeand working on 3.

Qmember
42 posts

Posted:
Whats up?I'm 17 and been spinning for almost two years already. Currently I spin glowsticks, but I ordered a pair of juggling torches from HOP and I'm waiting for them to arrive so I can light up for the first time! All I can say is just keep practicing and you will begin to nail every single move that you want to do.

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
hey dudes...im 17...and ive been spinning...forr..ummm... a year or so...so yeah...

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Hey I'm no where near all of your ages but I think it is great that your spinning.Q,Goto www.dube.com it's a company that spiecalizes is juggling equipment. They even have this cool light stick. It's like a glow stick but better. If you get one you have to let all of us know if it's any good. By the way they are located in new york. about a mile away from......well you can guess where they are. CHECK IT OUT!

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

Qmember
42 posts

Posted:
Yo Maelstrom!I once owned a pair of those. Notice how I said once. I'm not sure if they are the exact same ones as those sold by Dube Juggling, but the ones I had were definitely not worth investing my $35 bucks in them. Even though they claim that they have 12 hours of battery life, I would use my sticks once, turn them off, then they wouldn't turn back on. I even tried turning around the batteries when I wasn't using them, but that was of to no avail. So I ended up taking them back to the store where I got them and got my money back.My advice: Stick with the regular glowsticks. They are safer (even though they still hurt when you whack yourself with them), cheaper in the long run, and provide much better trails. Plus you won't be worried about breaking them, yourself, or somebody else while swinging them.Thanks anyway though. I appreciate the input.

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
I'm 16, been at it for about a good month and so....I haven't done much either beyond the BTBs, some split time stuffs and weaves and things..Fun Fun smile

Sunshinemember
8 posts

Posted:
Ello!Im 15, and ive been twirling for about a year now! How good is it!

Fire is Life~*

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well im 18 going on 7ive been spinning for about a month and it is soo cool.I just cracked my btb weave and everything is right in the worldkeep on twirling.

Good on usGood on us all

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I turn 16 in about 4 days, and I've been spinning since late january.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
'sup blue flame? i'm 13, been spinning for about,um, 1 and a 1/2 yrs! hey, fire sista, are we the youngest ones here? weird! fire sista- where do u live in reading? i used 2 live there, 2... Cutie tongue

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
16.yay for me.

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Wow - I never realised so many really young people were into it. Good on ya. By the time you reach my age you'll be able to eat your dinner while spinning. actually i met this 6 year old boy with a staff once and he showed me some tricks! he was bloody excellent.

Reesemember
6 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm 22 and just started. Looks like I've got some catching up to do!

dont wiggle dont workmember
8 posts

Posted:
Hay I'm 14 and I have been spinning for nearly 2 years I have just started to perform at parties of people who I don't know its great. Its good to know there are other young people spinning and generally playing with fire!!------------------Awesome. o wow. like totally freak me out. i mean right on. torros sure r number 1

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Hey Q, Not only dose that Juggling equipment store located in new york sell Glow lights (even though they suck) but they also sell fire equipment. Juggling torches, juggling fire balls, Kevlar wicking, Poi, all that stuff. The bonus is that you don't have to wait for shipping and handeling. Just trying to help you find some place fairly local for getting replacement equipment. My closest supplier is 45 min. away and 45 min. back. I do consider myself fortunate though, some people have to mail order reguardless.[This message has been edited by Maelstrom (edited 21 October 2001).]

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
sh*t.. like i didnt feel old enough already...its really weird, I lived in oxford all my life until last year, never saw anyone with poi, staffs etc., now i move away there are loads of people there...

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Demonthesysmember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey I am 16 and after spinning LED Poi for the first time yesterday I have come to the conclusion that i cant have children

In order to create apple pie, you must first create the universe.

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
Wow! All these young spinners. You guys are all gonna be so good. Actually that's pretty condescending as you're probably already better than me!Once I was twirling and some small kids came up and wanted to know what we were doing and if we could have a go etc. One 7 year old convinced us that his parents let him do it, so we let him play with one for a while. Giving fire to such little kids sounds really dodgy I know, but the thing was he was so careful with it. He made sure noone was around when he swung it, and that he was nowhere near the fuel bucket. He only did what he was sure he could do. With that attitude he's gonna go far.It's hard to get respect when you're young, so a hidden talent for doing some meen tricks with fire should let ppl know what you're about,Bring it on grin------------------Your parents were wrongFire is good Play with fire

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,Its really cool theres loadsa young poi'ers out there!Im 21 and been club-swinging since I was 13 but only been doing poi and staff for a year - does that count?Gruff cool

HitokageSILVER Member
70 posts

Posted:
I'm 16, and have been firestaffing for 2 yrs. I now do poi, meteors, and flags as well.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever -Mahatma Ghandi

Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form. -Hitokage-

blue_flameBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
Wow! Its awesome that there are so many of us! I love spinning and its great that theres people my age...quick question, do you tend to find yourself be distracted by poi during your homework wink...a lot? or is it just me grin If theres anyone around Western Mass that wants to spin with someone I'd most definitely join you! Chris

Defy Gravity!

TranceKujamember
68 posts

Posted:
13 years here, i've spun for six months.------------------Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Live by honor. Kill by stealth. Only the unseen survive.~peace~

Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
I turned 16 today =)------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

Scootmember
28 posts

Posted:
I am 17.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hey guys, im 17 from trenton, NJ and i basicly just started spinning, im still having a problem with the weave! Here's a tip thou im sure you can all use. Its easy to pratice with photon lights, you can just order em offline, i love them and if u break them like i do you can just send em back and they'll send u a new one. You can just tie em next to dead glows sticks and it lights em up or just use em by themselves, plus they are a lot more forgiving if you hit yourself with em cuz they are so small.

NiKoNmember
5 posts

Posted:
Hi peepsim 13 and i can do about 20 tricks and i hav been spinnin 4 about 2 weeks.Im movin to vancouver b4 christmas if u wanna get in touch with me, mail metobyks@hotmail.com

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
i am 17 and been twirling for about 1 year. i love it and i get paid for doing it. it is so easy and a lot of fun. just keep practing and you will learn anything you want.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
God I am OLD! Lets just say that I am double the youngest person heres age. UG. OH well. I havent been putzing around with this stuff long, but I do have one tip. Stick the glowsticks in the freezer after practicing. They will last a really long time that way and you can get maybe 5 days worth of practice out of one set of sticks, depending on how long you practice. Silly eh, grown man playing with lightsticks. Its all leading up to fire though, and whos laughing then HA HA HA HA HA <- Meniacal laughterB in NYC

Page: