PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Just curious as to how many of you perform in other arts unrelated to spinning, fire or juggling.I act and even sing (but not well!) professionally.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Well, I paint (oil on canvas) and make installations and stuff like that. As far as performing art, I don't really do much of that besides poi and juggling except at Burningman. At Burningman, I usually associate with the BRC post office, which is one of the coolest pieces of performance art I have ever delt with. A lot of people don't get the concept that it is performance art though and just get really pissed at us. Of course we consider this part of the performance. And how on Earth could anyone take ANYTHING seriously at Burningman?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Cool Vanize....Though I have no idea what the BurningMan BRC Post Office is.Okay, so I will amend my question, instead of performance art...any other art?I also write...as long as we are going there! wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
I'm an all around theater techie, which, while not necessarily art in the conventional way, definitely takes some creativity, especially when you're working with little or no money. I recently did props for a show called "Slaughter City" by Naomi Wallace that took place in a meat-packing plant, and I had to invent a recipe for large quantities of fake blood that would wash off quickly. At the moment, I work with a women's theater collective called the WOW Cafe Theater, in the East Village... If anyone's in NYC and wants to see very talented women making cool and unusual art, or if you want to join in the fun, you should check us out. I also dance, but not professionally. Peace,alleykat

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I used to a lot of live poetry readings (my own work), and still do one or two a year. grin Bet that surprises the sh*t out of everyone!!!! grin grinSo far my most bizarre act is to read poetry while doing firestaff on a unicycle while hopping down steps with my eyes crossed, wiggling my ears and blinking (well, not really, but i could probably do it if i tried). Oh yeah, and (seriously) with a dislocated elbow as well...As to other things, I write as well (wouldn't dang well be no poetry, otherwise). Do a few simple magic tricks (started two weeks ago but got about 10 down pat), baloon animals and...and...and...(gee maybe i should get a life)------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz[This message has been edited by Charles (edited 19 October 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
for me i love doing art of all kinds, its one of those basics for living kind of like getting enough vegetables in your diet. over the past couple of years i have really gotten into fan dancing with large ostrich feather fans (the rods are 2 1/2 feet, the fan unfolded is about 3 1/2-4 feet across)it is fun, i feel like a bird. smile i used to be into building big puppets and walking around with them in parades, a couple of years ago i built a 12 foot tall raven puppet. as far as non performance art i like just about anything i can get my hands on to learn about. it keeps things intersting. most recently i have been curious to learn more about scientific illustration or art that requires you to look really close at small things like bugs (i like bugs...i guess one of my other unintended performance peices for my neighbors is when i run around with a bug net)

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Josh and I are members of DRGTech, a little group that puts on outdoor parties and does art installations at bigger parties. We are putting on a Chill area at a big(ish) outdoor party in December here in Adelaide, and we are going to do an installation at Rainbow Serpent (in VIC) next year smilemmmmmm fun grinLove and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'm a soon to be egotistical meglomaniac with paranoid delusions (DJ) smileJosh

693 posts

Posted:
Nope I think you just have the paranoid delusions. Or wait is that me??They watching you know, they are all around us.Run.....no wait.... you can't you can't run...you can't hide....they know where you are ...ahhhhhhhahahahah grinhehehahahoho------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I paint pretty pictures https://communities.msn.co.uk/WeSurvivedBigBrotherWithSvenUK/cantus.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=370
and make puppets sometimes and I'm really good at cooking. Make some jewellery too. Pretty coloured bracelets that change colour the more you wear them. I'm sure i can do other stuff just my mind is blank right now grin------------------C@ntus

Meh

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I'm a violinist. Been playing for over 14yrs.CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
I've gotten really good at playing with myself!!!

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I guess i have been playing the Guitar in different groups for about 5 years. Being paid sometimes, sometimes not being paid at all. But thats okay....it's one of those things you do for fun.....like spinning poi....or spinning shit. grinCheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
skateboarding, yoyo, make techno and mix techno...dance liquid, raver hop, glowstick, freestyle, horrible breakdancing...and gardening *wink wink* what? its an art

693 posts

Posted:
Depends on what type of gardening you are talking about here winkfungi?Purple flowering plants...??now there is some art to growing these two fellows smileOr at least that's what I've been told grinTake it easy------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~