Forums > Social Chat > first performance...150,000 people....should I be scared?

Login/Join to Participate

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
My first gig in a couple of weeks....and there are going to be something like 150,000 people watching us, as well as 7 huge screens that we will be on. Is this a good number of people to do your first show in front of??------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Congratulations ! what is it going to be ? a concert ?IMO, it is sometimes harder to perform in front of 50/100 people whose face and reaction you can easily see an who are very close to you than thousands you don't really see cause you have the spotlights in your face ...I don't mean to minimize the importance of whzt you are about to do, I think it is quite an adventure, just trying to reassure you !shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
FoobaaCongrats on getting ya 1st gig. Cass is right about the number of peeps there, plus with that kinda set-up and a decent crowd the energy will be pumped - you'll be buzzing off the crowd!!Good luck and let us know how it goes!!M
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"To seek the perfection of the warrior's spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, and our manhood" Carlos Castenada

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Holy $H!Tand I thought i had a big crowd at a gig (a few thou)Once you get into the twirling any pre gig nerves should disappear, and I defininitely think that if you feed off the energy of the crowd, it will be the biggest buzz.congrats and have fun cool

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
I reckon it'll be cool. Well done on scoring the gig. Will we get to see some video of this?Are you doing fire or glowstick or what?

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Hi foobaa! Thats a lot of ppl. Congrats on scoring a brilliant first gig. Good luck.Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Foobaa, that is one of the best numbers ever for a first gig. And I'm not just saying that.The larger the crowd, the easier it is to entertain them. This formula stops applying when the crowd is so big they can't all see each other, but it stays at the maximum level for easy entertaining.The hardest crowd to entertain is a crowd of one, and gets easier as the numbers grow.So you barely have to do anything to get a great reaction, imagine the reaction when you really pull some moves!!!Congrats on the gig, I have to say I don't have anything like that in my portfolio yet... grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Foobaa, that is one of the best numbers ever for a first gig. And I'm not just saying that.The larger the crowd, the easier it is to entertain them. This formula stops applying when the crowd is so big they can't all see each other, but it stays at the maximum level for easy entertaining.The hardest crowd to entertain is a crowd of one, and gets easier as the numbers grow.So you barely have to do anything to get a great reaction, imagine the reaction when you really pull some moves!!!Congrats on the gig, I have to say I don't have anything like that in my portfolio yet... grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
WEll that is encouraging...thanks people!!I should mention that I am not alone...there are about 20 of us and a samba drum group...so they will not be staring just at me (thank goodness!!) Had a practice the other night...and I don't think I have ever been lit up with sooo many people before...it was incredible..and with the drummers giving us beats...excellent!!Numbers are probably about 6 double staffers, about 8 single staff and about 6 poi people (including me), and we are freestyling moves, then on drummers signals sychronising for 4 beats then freestyling again...is all good. Is for the opening night of Rally Australia.------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun