Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Anyone gotten in trouble with the police for fire twirling?The first night I lit mine up I was in my backyard - and that was fine. A friend was coming over so I decided to go wait on my driveway. I was still spinning the flames and a cop car pulled up and "recommended" that I don't do it so close to the road. They suggested I take it into the backyard.There was no real trouble - just a recommendation... I agreed smile

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
Yeh, In America (I was in LA) they are so strit its unbeleiveable. If u r lucky u can get away with it on the beach but they stil come and see what your doing. However, Ive only ever had police checking us out.

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
Thus far, I've only ever twirled fire on college campuses, but public safety can be a bigger hassle than the cops. I've heard of some schools where people play with fire all the time - juggling, spinning, eating - and they never have any problems, but my school banned it due to someone bringing kerosene into the dorms. It was a shame too - the campus had so many perfect twirling spots. Also, I've heard that the cops in NYC may be becoming more attentive, since everyone's guard is up due to terrorism and whatnot. We'll see what happens when my new fire poi get here.

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey bendy,Ive found cops in SA to be much better than cops elsewhere...honestly, if you dont look like you could damage, yourself, or property in your vicinity, I think they leave you alone. Also - they probly recognise, that if you are twirling anywhere near the street, you will have neighbours ringing the cops...Everytime a complaint is laid, the cops have to come round and investigate, I guess they are getting a bit proactive...Anyhow - if you like, we are having a spin jam at a secret undercover location in the CBD of Adelaide on Friday night - I can post you details if you are interested...Josh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Josh - yeah I figure it is prolly best to do it away from the street, and they were pretty good about it, they didn't really understand why I was spinning things around tho!Yeah details bout Fri would be good.You can get me at rkling@dingoblue.net.au

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut