Page:
rhianmember
23 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering how many of us are fire signs, was it writen in the stars when we were born that we would play with this element. I'm not really into your dayly horoscopes in magerzines and newspapers but more the concept and astrological charts. Fire signs are generaly more out going or just out there, so the performing thing might be appealing also. Anyway if anyone wants to put your star sign on your next post then it could be interesting to see , there might be a mix or there maybe more water signs flowing around. from a thoughtful star gayzer (leo) fire signs leo aries sagittariaus

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
I dont use fire yet (just glowsticks), im not that confedent in my moves, but i am a leo and your post does raise some interesting points

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Not at all......Libra with Aquarius rising(star and sun)Air and water. But then sometimes it's hard for me to hold stock in such things....I just can't decide whether or not to believe...it's that libra thing I guess wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I like astrology. It's any interesting mode to me. I'm, as it happens, a Virgo sun (earth). I feel like I've been working on my Leo components (cusp Rising, Venus and Mars) with fire. So much so I usually identify myself as Virgo/Leo when asked. I suppose that's just one way I can identify that connection to fire for myself. Diana

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
I'm a Taurus, and I'm ashamed to say, I'm not sure what element I'm connected with, you tell me.-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

Sachamember
15 posts

Posted:
Well, I am a Pisces, and my fung shui book says that the according to my birth year, I am a "wood" element, which are both complimentary elements to fire.I don't think it matters that much, but it is interesting...I think that fire burns through all of us, it's soo creative, destructive, and damn sexy, only some people dare to dance with it...although when you get in a groove, you certaintly feel connected to the universe, so maybe it is in the stars??Peace, love, and light!Sacha

The Cabirimember
20 posts

Posted:
I'm an air sign (Aquarius) with Pisces (water) moon and Sagittarius (fire) rising.So I end up being pretty balanced out with all the elements.My dearest performance partner and teacher, John, however... Aries (fire), Leo (fire) rising, Taurus (earth) moon, and fire, fire and more fire throughout his chart. More fire than I've ever seen in an astrological chart.If people are wanting to do their charts, try www.astro.com - there are free charts available there.Charlyp.s. Pele- those are both air signs (Libra and Aquarius)and Psychomonkey- Taurus is an earth signhere's a rundown:Water signs: Pisces, Scorpio, CancerAir signs: Libra, Aquarius, GeminiEarth signs: Virgo, Taurus, CapricornFire signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius[This message has been edited by The Cabiri (edited 24 January 2001).]

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Well, ( hi rhiannon its me jaime hope your ok we should meet up and poi soon)i am a Gemini and I have no idea whether that relates to anything.peace outgarbo

be excellent to each other: safe:

sammiemember
56 posts

Posted:
i'm a scorpio - don't know what it means though (gonna go and check it out on the web) - its not going to stop me from playing with fire though!

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
I am a Cancer sun with a Cancer moon and a scorpio rising... all water. There are about 15 of us all with different signs. We all love fire and respect it's qualities and what it can do. So I am not sure if our signs have anything to do with it.Donia "Where there is fire, I seek the flame"Rumi

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
The book I have lists Aquarius as water Charly...hmph. Shows you can't buy into it all...which is why I try to hold little stock in such things (yet I read Tarot...go figure?)...though by the Native American Medicine Wheel (which has held very true for all my friends and I) I am a Crow...again air.By the Celtic year I am Ivy...earth and sky.Anywhere I look there is no fire.Oh well....maybe the fact that it is something apart from me is what draws me to it? Hmmmm....food for thought.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

ffirebellGOLD Member
44 posts

Posted:
I'm a Sagittarius, all the fire people i knew in Victoria were a good mix of earth, air, water, fire, I think there may have been a few more of us that were fire tho'. Ya, interesting stuff, I like to believe I'm all fire Happy flaming!

Fairie's wear boots.

vyvyanjourneyman
92 posts

Posted:
ha haaargh, I'm an aries, and a stubborn, impatient, determined lead-foot to prove it. Chris is a Cancerian.Mel is a Leo.idont think star signs have shit to do with your ability at fire. I think the personalty traits may effect your fire, thats all. Dont get me wrong tho- I do believe star signs are heavily relevant to us all, they dont seem to manifest in ones' ability / fascination with fire. Before i ever got into fire i couldnt believe I was a fire sign- felt sooooo earthy and airy, fire was foreign to me. Then I got into it and it is my principle element now.

...Firebreathing? Magic is only part of it my friend, diet does the rest!

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
haha i am Aries (a fire sign) and i swing glowsticks grin - haha sorry i think it's funny, maybe Aries should be revised to being a glowstick sign after all...happy swinging,Simos

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Oh, Pele, Celtic year? I must know...

Charlymember
68 posts

Posted:
Hey Pele,Wow, Aquarius a WATER sign, huh?How do they balance out the 'missing' air sign then? Put Pisces under air instead? ha ha! there should be three of each element.I've not heard that, although I could see how one could think 'aqua' equals 'water'. easy mistake to make.I'm studying tarot now too, and am curious about the so-called 'birth card' thing you mentioned. My significant other says he's a Hierophant (no surprise there!)... wondering what I am. Aquarius corresponds to The Star astrologically... I could live with that. grinAlthough a teeny bit 'off-topic', I've sure enjoyed reading about everyone's astrological data. I do agree that it's not as simple as one's sun sign, and that we all do it for a slightly different reason. That's more likely how the differences in signs are accounted for.As an Aquarius, I am likely to be attracted to aesthetics and the ability to use movement to charm others. My partner, an Aries, is more likely to use fire to show his intensity, his fervor, his fearlessness. Perhaps this accounts for our different fire dancing styles...?I love astrology!! smileCharlywww.cabiri.org

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
For the Celts trees and plants earmarked the months (nope I don't know why Aug to Sept is so long).Jan 21- Feb 17 : Rowan (It's a tree)Feb 18- Mar 17 : AshMar 18- Apr 14 : AlderApr 15- May 12 : WillowMay 13- June 9 : HawthornJune 10- July 8 : OakJuly 9- Aug 4 : HollyAug 5- Sept 29 : HazelSept 30- Oct 27 : Ivy (Vine)Oct 28- Nov 24 : ReedNov 25- Dec 23 : ElderDec 24- Jan 20 : BirchFor those who swing to the Native Drum, this is from the Shamanic Medicine Wheel of the Tribes of the Seneca Nation.Jan 20- Feb 18 : OtterFeb 19- Mar 20 : WolfMar 21- Apr 19 : FalconApr 20- May 20 : BeaverMay 21- Jun 20 : DeerJun 21- Jul 21 : WoodpeckerJul 22- Aug 21 : SalmonAug 22- Sept 21 : BearSept 22- Oct 22 : CrowOct 23- Nov 22 : SnakeNov 23- Dec 21 : OwlDec 22- Jan 19 : GooseMy friends and I have had many a chuckle at how accurate these tend to be. Have Fun!!!Diana, what did you end up being?Joy to all... grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Hey there Pele!I think that Aug-Sept is so long on your list, as you missed out apple (queirt) from your list. For those that are interested, the name for the tree system stuff is the Ogham, and has a lot more to it than just months etc.... It also has an alphabetical system to it, all the trees have "characteristics" to them, so it's used as a druid/celtic shamanic way of communicating/understanding trees, and it also has divinatory aspects too.......! smileIn case you want to know the Celtic names for the trees:Birch - BeitheRowan - LuisAlder - FearnWillow - SailleAsh - Nion Hawthorn - HuathOak - DuirHolly - TinneHazel - CollApple - QueirtVine - MuinIvy - GortBroom - nGetalBlackthorn - StraiphElder - RuisFir - AilmGorse - OnnHeather - UrAspen - EadhadhYew - IdhadhPhew!... Possibly quite pointless to most people, but someone might find it interesting! winkHappy Swinging,Tim /|\

smittymember
104 posts

Posted:
what are all these sign things?i am curious, what do they do/meanare they like star signs and tell u things?plesae enlighten me

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Smitty,Yup...Both Native and Celtic do. But the descriptions are so long it's hard to include it all here.Timmy, thanks for the fill in. I know people who are druidic and I also know people who are Celtic-Shaman (Much along the Pict line) who don't subscribe to the Ogham system but do whole heartedly believe in the nature tree thing, which is why I didn't list the Ogham names. Thanks for it though. I think all of them are more than months...whether it be the stars, the trees or the animal totems we go by. I was simply placing them to the predominant months for correlative purposes. I also think that if everyone were to list the correlations from thier beliefs we'd have one of the longest lines yet...since Greco-Roman, Egyptian,Chinese, etc have not been listed.For instance...I was born in the Year of the Bull (Chinese), under the sign of Freya (Nordic), Aphrodite (Greco-Roman), can't recall the egyptian one, the Dragon sign of the East, Grael (???). I was born and raised to explore all religions and the histories of them so as to make and educated descision. It has helped me with mythos more than anything, other than amusement. It really is fun. I think we could find ten people of the same belief structure and find that the beliefs are not that same. That and I love to read the books that say "We are the historical absolute" or "The stars say this and we are right".I think astrology/shamanic/totem correlations are fun but tend to agree with Kerri in that if we never read these things, we would still be ourselves. I know Libra's, Ivy's and Crows who are nothing like me but we all fall under the same category.I also watch my friends read ther horoscopesand I wonder if it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.In my life, what's right for me, is that they are fun but not to be taken seriously. Though I know people do subscribe very seriously to these things (there is one woman inthe area who says that alien invaders are coming in 2010 because her horroscope/natal chart says she's receiving them that day???), so I mean no offense.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Pele, I ended up being Hazel and Bear. Now, Hazel trees I don't know much about. But Bear! Nothing could be more prefect. I'm a very cat-identified person, but my romantic partners, especially recently, have all been bears. I love this stuff. ThanksDiana

Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Pele,I also don't subscribe to a set system of beleif (although pixie person is a cool label smile ) because I have a fundamental distrust of books that say "this is how to do this" and so on, and as a result I firmly agree with your and Kerri's idea that we are ourselves, come what may.Basically I think that I'm trying to justify myself for something.......But I'm not sure what! smile Perhaps I should think about this and come back......Happy (metaphysical) swinging,Tim /|\ps- If it makes you happy, and harms no-one, then do it.

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
Hey, I was year of the Bull(Ox) to and I'm Taurus, so that makes me, uh....-PSM[This message has been edited by psychomonkey (edited 29 January 2001).]

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
Ok, had to add this, those of us who are Ox under Chinese zodiac, here's how to draw it
Non-Https Image Link
-PSM

fireangelmember

Posted:
I'm a Leo and I know it was the complete basal attraction of fire that got me completely addicted to poi - its the noise it makes, the feeling of danger and the power of fire! FireAngel

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
fire, earth, water or air sign..we're all human, all made up of the same chemicals and we can all burn just as badly as the next person.I thought star signs were simply a based around personality traits. I believe dexterity, experience and natural aptitude has a hell of a lot more to do with the ability to twirl things around than whether or not you have your signs all in the element of fire. Besides, fire couldn't exist without air anyway. I think its looking like a load of bollocks.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
bumping this thread so new people can add their bit.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
I am a Taurus; definitely persistent and stubborn. I realized something about myself a few days ago... I need a balance of all the elements, to be fully absorbed in one at a time, to feel complete. Mother Earth encompasses all elements. Sky diving, Fire dancing, Scuba and swimming with sharks... Gardening...P. R. ------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Thanks Flash, but what are you? You can't just bump up a thread and not disclose your answer ! hmphh, you're as bad as Pele winkI'm your stereotypical Aries, but one who has tried to mellow over time - I'm getting there, but probably not fast enough for my non aries mates, nor my mellow saggitarius partner wink[This message has been edited by Ade (edited 26 June 2001).]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Oopps! Well, since you asked, I'm a gregarious saggitarius. so WATCH OUT! joke.I'm definately firey - just ask my poor friends on this board who have had to put up with my PMSing today. sorry grrls. :PChinese Snake, with which I feel strong ties.sssssssee ya!flash

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
Could also look at the fire as being a supplement to not enough fire in the person's elemental makeup. And it matches with Pele... probably the most experienced person on the board, but the least amount of fire attributes.=)Though, can't say the same theory holds for me. Have 4 signs in Earth (Sun in Taurus) and 3 in Fire, which associates the other way.Also, I’m not sure but aren’t the Medicine Wheel attributes reversed between the Southern and Northern hemispheres?

Page: