Forums > Social Chat > earthdance global feedback

Login/Join to Participate

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
earthdance... well what can i say, i had an amazing time. i would really like to know what kinds of things everyone else experienced at their respective gathering. in los angeles we witnessed Aztecs doing ancient dances and were even invited to learn and dance along with their last dance. we had a shaman speaker and a dali lama i think is what it was. all in all we had some very powerful speakers and wonderful people. during the global music, almost the entire party was on the dance floor with arms held high to the sky. it was a beautiful thing.the party here was mor than i ever expected. i got pretty dressed up for fun and was very pleased with the results. i had braids in my hair, yellow pants, no shirt on, with fire designs painted on my face and with fire bracers painted on my fore arms. everyone loved it. it was the first party i have been to that you got a bracelet so that you could walk freely in and out of the grounds, and the security... not one time did i get searched. i was slightly upset at this... but that was only because i did not bring my fire toys and for once they would have let them in.i met a lot of poi people and showed many of them new tricks. i met beginners of whom i taught the windmill and the 3 beat weave to and more advanced people whom i taught the 5 beat weave to and the 4 beat windmill/corkscrew. honestly noone had ever seen either of those and they were all very intrigued by it. the wraps and switches were blowing peoples mind, which is good because that is what i like to do. if anyone has ever gone on to the infinity toys website, i met the young asian lady who is spinning their zuni poi. she was very graceful and learned the 5 beat after about only an hour(got the basic concept down).so i had a wonderful experience at my first earthdance. i plan to go back for as long as they go on. what i want to know is, how was all of your experiences? what kind of special things did you witness? what kind of awesome new people did you meet? if you did not go and are reading this, i would definately recomend making it out to one of these. they can be a lot of fun, and even a bit spiritual and enlightening.

anyone got a light?

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Humm I seem to have missed the global concept. There was nothing to indicate any other partys going on anywhere else. It was in a 4th story club. When the music got pumping and everyone was jumping and grovin the whole floor seemed to nearly buckle under the weight of everyone. The fires were canceled. So no fire toys indoors. There was an anthax threat when we arrived that made the party hold until it was clear. Like 300+ candy kids running around the streets of downtown pittisburge. We did a few fire shows while waiting to get into the club. Amazed a few ppl. There were no unsual dancers or performers of anykind. I got to meet up with quite a few other poi ppl. Nothin really amazing just normal I only swing at dance ppl. Hehe I too blew quite a few ppl's minds with the quad corkscrew. Couldn't manage to teach anyone anything. frown It was rough tryin to form a clearing. Once when we finally managed to get a gap some bitch walked into the circle of like 3 or 4 of us and stood there in the center until I acknogaed her. She then asked to have 5in of the dance floor and that our swinging was takin up the entire dance floor. Hehe I called her dead plur girl for the rest of night. And explaned to her that what we do is dancing of our own form. She didn't care. The second time we managed to clear an area some break dancers came and joined us. We took turns goin at it. It was the first time I've ever seen poi vs breakdancing. I did an amazing set and ended with a f5b switching to a r7b while trying to walk backwards and almost fell on my ass but managed to catch myself just befor the end of the circle. Hehe lots of cheering. One of the break dancers did this move where he put his hands behind his back then leaned over forward onto his head and landed on his feet and got up without his back ever touching the ground. I gotta learn it smileI also met this one guy who had a new wrap. He didn't bring his own strings and I just don't understand. He showed me a wrap that i've needed to make all of my wrap sets flow together.This is my second rave and I still don't see any signs of this plur stuff all of you ravers belive in. I'll stick to my awesome Hippyfests. Where plur is a lifestyle and not just a word. I don't know the names of any of the ppl I met last night either. One expection was Crazy. Don't know his real name but he was an 18 yr rave vet. Think he said last night was like his 300th rave. I dressed in strait black with normal green glowsticks. I think I was the only person there with no candy. I don't understand that candy thing either. ------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
that is too bad knagi. i wish you could have been to the one down here. there were not that many "candy-kids" there, besides a few of my friends. but the feeling of the whole plur thing was definately evident. there were a lot of people drumming, jusggling and doing all sorts of things. our party went from 11 in the morning to 10 at night. it was at a recreation area, so we were in a huge field, plenty of room to do anything. me and my buddies were playing frisbee, practicing doing flip, rolling down the little slope we were on and everything. i did not feel one bad vibe from that party.but still it sounds like you made the best of it. new wrap? sounds intriguing, if you feel obliged, let us in on the secret soon, that would be cool.

anyone got a light?