Forums > Social Chat > Weighing chains, need easy weight

Login/Join to Participate

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
Hello, I know its been a while...just got back from a funeral...well I have dog chains as my practice chains. and for those who know, dog chains are heavy, and I use glowsticks...HOW do I weigh it with something easy to put on and take off???? I don't want to do tennis balls because I'm not that good with that kinda of craft stuff and am bound to break the ball and the sand will pour over my face...and ideas? I was thinking about using aliens , but the screws come off so easily..

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Simple:dogs!

flaming_madmember
34 posts

Posted:
You might think about making a second set of chains that are lighter. You could use cable or any type of rope since you are only using glowsticks. Also you could put two six inch glowsticks on each one or one six inch/one four inch.

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
The thought of spinning dogs just doesn't QUITE appeal to me...

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
how about teddy bears? on a noose? Flaming?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Beanie babies. Wrap some baling wire around their necks to make an attachment point.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

MystikDancermember
118 posts

Posted:
Hey that could work......seems a little sadistic, but hey if they work.... smile

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Actually to demonstrate to a friend what poi were - I did use a noose and a beanie baby. truth!! that in one hand and a totem-tennis ball in the other!!Speaking of which - I don't know how much they cost, but a totem tennis ball (the ball on a string attached to a pole in the ground) would be good for creating practice poi.------------------Well my thinking is this: if it's empty, fill it with cream

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
you could try attaching tennis balls or juggling bean bag balls without peircing them... loop some string around the balls so you have six or more strings from the bottom to the top, and then tie the ends to a keyring thingie nice and tight. that will hold the tennis ball in place, and then you can clip them on and unclip them when ever you have to walk the pooch... ...i still think dogs are the best idea though

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

TEK829member
29 posts

Posted:
I use dog chains as well, for both practicing and performing. So here's what I did for my practice chains.For weight-able ends, I cut two parallel slits in a tennis ball, about 1.5 cm apart and about 3 cm long. I got some heavy-duty keyrings - the twisty kind - and looped them through. The ends of the chain also got a keyring. Attach the rings together, and there you go. For weight, I just shoved some pennies into the tennis balls through the slots. Works for me and a couple friends, too.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and the world laughs at you. It's your choi

TEK829member
29 posts

Posted:
I use dog chains as well, for both practicing and performing. So here's what I did for my practice chains.For weight-able ends, I cut two parallel slits in a tennis ball, about 1.5 cm apart and about 3 cm long. I got some heavy-duty keyrings - the twisty kind - and looped them through. The ends of the chain also got a keyring. Attach the rings together, and there you go. For weight, I just shoved some pennies into the tennis balls through the slots. Works for me and a couple friends, too.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and the world laughs at you. It's your choi