Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
I've just read bhawk's thread in Moves about the old Flamin' Hand trick - just wondered if you what anyone else suffered from stupid experiments with fire?I once tried to spray a slick of oil on some water and light it, to see what it was like. Sounds okay yeah? exept the water was at the bottom of a large barrell, and the said oil was out of a can of deodorant, so you can picture it, as I lean in to the barrell, match burning in my hand, half-way in the barrell the gas lit and whooosh!! blush blush blush blush blush blushYes I was young, and yes I did end up without much hair on arm and most of my face and head.So come on what's ya stories?M:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
A friend of mine perfected the flaming human trick. This was befor I started playing with fire. We were setting up a bon-fire pit and I forget what type a fuel they were dumping on it. All I remember is telling them that it was more then enough. Then they added some more. He then stood downwind and lit the puddle of fuel sitting in the small pile of wood. Then WHOOSH! 8 foot inferno being pushed by the wind right into him. He was completely engulfed in the flames from my point of view. He was fine and only suffed some lost eyebrows and misc body hair. Everyone was rolling on the ground laughing after we knew he was ok.Also I wasn't thier for this one but I heard the storys. I guess my parents were using gasoline to get a bon-fire started well somehow they ended up spilling a trail of fuel from the fire to the can setting the can ablaze. They threw it into a nearby pond to put it out when surprise! gas burns on water. Not to mention the whole bank of the pond was covered in dried cat tails. I guess they had managed to put the fire out after getting the can out of the water. Must have been a shocking experiance for them.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"[This message has been edited by Knagi (edited 12 October 2001).]

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
MY story isnt as amussing but it should be said as an extreme warning to everyone , to be carefull in what they are wearing when swinging poi , staff, or what i use pro chux. The group im with , the neon ninjas , was swinging one of our first coriographed shows at club 5 here in jacksonville.We ended the show with fire, the show was the shite. the crowd was soooooooooooooo loud and they were all standin and cheering, then it happened. My Master, Lee Barden , got set on fire. i dont wanna get into details, but the fuel got spilled on him. He was a twelve foot flame,he was swinging in a ring so he jumped over the top rope, and thats pretty freakin high for a guy his age, and landed right infront of me and the other ninjas. He was put out and sent to orlando to have his skin graphs and to heal. He is almost completly healed now and is still teaching. The main problem we had was we got to relaxed around fire and forgot how dangerous it was. i will still swing fire and so will many of the ninjas but we will never disrespect it again. We swing a lil diferent then yall do , but im sure yall will catch on to it and love it. But remember to respect fire cuz it will burn ya if not carfull.

Fungimember
7 posts

Posted:
yeah, i was young and stupid and trying to dissolve and boil down potassium nitrate and sugar in water on the stove - in a glass jar!potassium nitrate and sugar burns quite fast and hot and can be used to make lots of smoke, small pipe bombs or just plain burn stuff. its generally quite safe stuff as far as stuff like that goes, but when your jar cracks - and spills the stuff all over a red-hot element - you have to act fast! fortuantely the jar still had alot more water to boil off, and we had one of those flat top stoves that you can just wipe with a cloth - which is what i did, and so i managed to keep keep everything 'in control' - but gosh darn it was scary!

blue_flameBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
I was not there for this but saw the effects the next day at school on the right half of my friends face...a few of my friends (none of them spin, this was before i spun either) were hangin out and decided to create a what they thought would be a controlled explosion...they took a can of WD-40, wrapped it in an entire roll of toilet paper, and lit it on fire...after it was flamin well they sent the biggest guy to hit it with an axe. The axe had a long handle so they thought it would be ok but they were wrong...as soon as he hit the can it exploded, sending his FLEECE jacket, his arms, and his face to flames. (never wear fleece or other synthetics while dealin with fire they light and melt very easily!)...anyways he managed to roll on the ground and hit himself in the face enough to put it out, while my two other friends watched in shock! the scars healed quickly he was lucky now you can barely tell it happened...except hes not such a pyro anymore at least he doesnt do shit like that...Chris

Defy Gravity!