Forums > Social Chat > Luscious limbs..........

Login/Join to Participate

WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
OK, now what kind of exercises can 1 do to make 1self more flexible for poiing?Yeah, yeah, poiing itself would obviously be the best alternative but for those times in front of the pc at work or when u're inside in front of the TV or something. I'm especially thinking of exercises to makes 1's wrists more supple. In other words exercises like in eg tongueush-ups and that shit that you'll do for normal strenght etc. Is there any special exercises that will make your poi-abiblities just so much more ......flexible?------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

Sachamember
15 posts

Posted:
Wrinst exercises..I don't know besides practicing moves individually over and over again with both arms to get your arms able to do moves equally...ONe thing to improve your poi skills, is work on strething your upper/middle back/chest muscles constantly...they are the key to making twirling graceful, because it is dancing basically, and the greatest dancers are the ones that make it look soo easy...I think the key is to try and syncronize your shoulder/back movements with your wrists, without your arms wailing around--bad explanation--well, in front of the PC, shoulder rolls forward and backwords, follow the wave to your wrists, and FEEL IT BABY!hope it helps,love and light,Sacha

HephGOLD Member
79 posts

Posted:
i think sacha summed up the most common "wrist exercise" (especially for the blokes, anyway), when she said to "FEEL IT BABY!". HAHAHAHAHAHA.wrist/hand stretches i've picked up in wrestling in martial arts include one where you turn your right palm toward your face, grab your right wrist with your left hand(underhand), place your left thumb on the back of your right hand, and push it up and away. it twists your right wrist and stretches your forearms pretty good as well. switch sides, do it again.another one is just to place your fingers flat on a tabletop, and press your arms straight down, thereby pulling your hand back and up. thats all i got.-heph

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
The two wrist excercises you'll see people doing at the gym:1. Wrist curls: grab a barbell, sit on a bench, perch your forearms on your thighs and do curls with just your wrists2. Wrist twists: this involves a special apparatus, basically a stick with some rope attached to the middle. At the other end of the rope is a fixture for attaching a weight plate. You hang a plate on the rope, grasp the stick in both hands, and twist it to wind up the rope. Then twist the other way to gradually unwind it. This is harder than it sounds.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

sammiemember
56 posts

Posted:
if you want a whole body flexi thang going on...do yoga. Its wicked for your strength and also bendiness - doin' staff after is soo ooooo much easier coz I'm real flexi then! smile

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
yoga is great for flexibilityroll your wrists around - clasp hands together in an inverted position then un-invert without letting go - this is a thing i learnt in the mists of childhood, i hope you understand because otherwise video is the only way to explain.handstands/handsprings / cartwheels good for wrist strength *warm up*like hephaestos implied, get a horny teenage boyfriend or be a horny teenage boy hahahatry twirling really short things and get it looking fluid - this is good for wrist control. pencils etc.thassito-o

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Khundalini (sp?) Yoga is phenominal!!!!!Belly dancing makes you aware of muscles you never knew you had.Simple stretches off of any warm up video help.I also do a bit of free weight strength training. I also want to add, I saw someone listed strengthening back, shoulders, arms, etc. To compliment that also strengthen your abdominals. Your abdominals actually support a great deal of your center of gravity...which is so important in the fluid motion we all strive for. Strong abdominals also help your posture and your ability to lean farther back and forward. Isolation stretches (stretching your rib cage without moving your hips or shoulders much, for example) are fantastic warm ups and also help breathing.Cheers!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I use chan-ssu chi gung to warm up for spinning. There's a couple exercise that you can use for wrist flexibility and hand strength that you can do between typing or while watching TV that you may find useful. 1) Wrist Circles: Start with an arms/hands/fingers extended, sort of like typing posture not stiff zombee-like. Rotate fully at wrists. Do circles inward for a couple dozen rotations, then circles outward. 2) Tiger's Paw: Same arms/hand/fingers posture as last. Bend fingers at outer two knuckles. Knuckles where fingers meet the hand should remain unbent. Again, a couple dozen time of bend release. 2) Tiger's Mouth: Same posture but start with the fingers bent as the second position of Tiger's Paw. Go from that position to fists. Again, bend and release. But keep the two-knuckle bent position when you release.Hope this helps. Please let me know if I'm not making sense. Diana

WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Thanx guys.....printed all your suggestions & will study it 2nite and get pumping.Luckily I'm not all that unfit or out of practice 'cos I've got a daily/nitely mini(me hie-hie)practice regime.So I've basically gotta fit these xtra moves into the already existing programme.Any other suggestions are welcome,hey!Oh yeah, also Sacha, good thing u said about the dancing 'cos I've been dancing all my life (ballet,modern etc) and it's true - it does help a lot - makes everything seems just so much more ......flowing and artistic.Have to think seriously about the yoga-thing,though. Seems like a MUST!!!!------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
So Elaine, when did you move to England?
wink

*runs out before anyone realises what is happening*

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol my secret is out!

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus