jadedmistmember
9 posts

Posted:
Okay, I'm not really sure if anyone has posted this already, but I'm curious is it possible to do continuous passing between the legs with a staff [and make it look good]. If it is...could someone please explain to me how, I have a show coming up soon and I'm trying to incorporate it into my routine but I have yet to figure out how.
-jadedmist

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
shure it is

vetcally, pass one fromthe fron to the back, and pass that same end again between your legs and back to the original hand.

alternatvly, spin rotor infron of you and lift each leg in turn and pass it under it, but this one looks silly i recon.

the best is to start passing between your legs but instead of passing turn 180 and pull it out again backwards. simple!

L*r

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
there is another leg pass move, josh does it very fluidly u can see it on nomads site at

https://www.neonomad.net/video.htm

about 40 seconds through, its a top clip very stylish

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
btl passing and tucking(wrapping?) look s cleaner in the wall plane, afaik.

lessons learnt were that separatly practicing entering and exiting from a btl movement shifts your attention to making it smooooth. anyone can put a staff between their legs, the key is to make what is an otherwise akward body position into a fluid trick.

also, keeping you hand high -near your crotch is better :winks- give more room between the staff ends and the ground, allowing maximal room for error. you'll notice that the second btl tucking movement i attempt in joy_of_staff video, the staff hit the ground. that was silly.
you do not want to error on a move that has fire so near your privates.

most of the time

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
oh yeah,

if you got problems with striking the ground, when the staff is horisontal 'push' it through your legs, so that it actually spins less when its beween but moves between the legs.

I tend to think that unless theyre really smooth or jumping that all btl passes look weird, with the possible exeption of back to front.

L*r

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I dunno if this is the one on the vid cause I can't see it but...

...staff spinning anti-clock wise in left hand bring it behind your back in left hand as it gets btb, lift your right leg out directly behind you, put the pinky side of the stick between legs, again holding hand under arse at the same time spin your body clockwise and pick up staff from other side of leg with right hand. You can throw a kick in the spin for good measure if that floats your boat.

Dunno if that makes sense...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.