foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Has anyone else made some really silly looking poi just for a laugh?? I was making myself some practice poi the other day and while looking for something nice and soft to put on the ends cam across these "soft toy" frogs, who usually hang from springs in kids rooms. They have really big bug eyes, and long legs...and look sooo funny as poi!! Everybody loves them!!

fe fi foo fun

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
I have stuffed animal pigs at the end of my practice poi. I'm going to sew on wings on the back of them so they're flying pigs."When pigs fly"...I'm so corny... heh------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
aha!! I am glad to hear that I am not alone!!

fe fi foo fun

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Not personally, but Malcolm made my day a while ago with the set of poi on this thread...have a look if you dare!https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001463.html------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429499373)

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
My practice set uses Winnie the Pooh and Piglet too - stuffed animals, each with an aluminum clip around their neck. Their stupid little smiles and (now) limp necks make me grin. They look all drugged up. I take them almost everywhere with me (still haven't gotten the playa dust out of them from this year's Burningman). I initially used them because I wan't too fond of the characters, but now after a year and a half, I would be totally heartbroken if I lost them.Spritie uses two frogs as well, foobaa.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
hey hey hey now, stuffed frogs arent to be used for poi... grrrr
Non-Https Image Link
hehe------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"

Its not easy being green....

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
make sure if your using real frogs, you dont smack them together...they splatter.Super'

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I love the graphic you have there MissFrog. The eyeballs look a lot like my practice poi. I actually have nothing against frogs, and I like mine a lot. The reason I got them was because racquetballs did too much damage to my knees and I wanted something softer. I have also become rather attached to them.

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Miss Frog....i did ask their permission, and they did say that they were only too happy to help out!!! They are quite enjoying their flying lifestyle!!------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun