Morkaimember
9 posts

Posted:
Well quite frankly thats not fair..
https://www.worldsbaton2002.com/

Any of you lot watched the vids on this site..i mean damn...

Anyway while trying to do only as what i can describe as a 'continuos spinny neck pinch'..as seen on the vids on the webby above..i came across this..

1)spin the staff anticlockwise.
2)Bring it out to the right, and up into behind the neck roll (staff rolls/spins across the felshy bits of your neck)
3)Immediately turn to your left, dipping that left shoulder down a bit.
4)Staff should be about vertical now, with it about to spin into the left side of your face/neck etc.
5)As it does this swivel back to the right...

Tips;
Use your arms loads...pointing out from you helps, they act as a neat cradle for the staff when it all goes a bit silly...

In short its like a away from you fishtale..only on the back of your neck..

Already troden ground? well its food for thought anyway!

p.s. Gonna start trying its reverse and carries between soon...gotta luv it.

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Yep..these batonists...i suffer with you mate..

"continuos spinny neck pinch" do you mean the one where the woman does continous neck/back spins ( ) or the other one who kind of throws it off/catches the baton on the shoulder ( x )??

Damn to late to try the back-fishtail outside,so trying to figure it out with a broom... do you turn almost 180 deg and back at step 4) and 5) ??

Mike

Morkaimember
9 posts

Posted:
180 is about right, though with that much turn ive goitta move REAL fast, im trying to get it so i can keep facing forward and swivel with it...can do about 4 to five rotations at the mo..maybe about 160 degrees instead..

Have fun

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Was trying today - damn hard !! My staff keeps tilting so that the plane of rotation isnt quite vertical anymore, and then it bangs into my side when i turn (5ft staff) - but in theory awesome trick, must get working on it

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
you have to remember though baton twirlers are freaks of nature they just shouldn't be. An event horizion should cover them from the universe. And batons have a weird balance point that's actually about 3/4 of the way up the stick. Don't ask me how.

Viva UGLY STAFF

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
what? batons are not symetrical ?? how on earth do they do it and what's the point in this madness ? [stumbles away in confusion and incomprehention ]

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
???
i always presumed batons were normal stick things mabbe weighted on the ends for more momentum, but off-center?

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Morkaimember
9 posts

Posted:
Heartily agree... but provides inspiration to be better....

Morkaimember
9 posts

Posted:
Psi...
With this kinda thing it seems that keeping in perfectly on a plane is nigh on impossible...just keeping it moving however is not!!
Got the bruises to prove it!