Forums > Social Chat > Some benefits of Glowsticking:

Login/Join to Participate

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
Well, recently, I've taken to poi spinning in my bedroom for practice. There are several good reasons for this.1: I don't have to lug the CD player outside.2: If I open the drapes at night, the big picture window acts almost like a mirror, so I can see myself. smile3:The only injuries are to myself and my lamp.Sure I have to kneel down for the windmill, but it makes a great practice spot. Anyone else practice in their bedrooms?

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429499360)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I practice in my small manhattan apt. The only problem is I think it crimps my style. Once I get outside I don't know what to do with all of the space!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
Well my current bedroom really doesn't have room to swing a cat (so to speak) and so not really enough room to spin the poi either....but as the weather is just warming nicely here I wanna be outside anyways!!

fe fi foo fun

Blackbirdmember
337 posts

Posted:
Living room for me... and the ceiling is high enough for me to do the windmill! woop!although mini practice poi would be fun nonetheless

x X x ß £ Å Ĉ К ß î я Ð x X x

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429499397)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yup, yup, yup, I'm with ya dude. I tend to be far too static for my own liking...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Well, Katinca and I have a room dedicated to the computer, and twirling. IT has UV lighting and enough room for two ppl on poi, or one person going off on poi or controlled staff smileOh yeah - I can point my Stereo's speakers into the room too - just for tunes smileWe are happy when its raining, and we are twirling away warm inside.NO sound complaints yet, and we were groovin twirling to the beats til about 3am on Saturday night...I definitely think twirling in confined spaces cramps your style...but it also makes you good at spacial awareness...which is also important when twirling at parties and stuff..out,Josh

glowravermember
3 posts

Posted:
Ya man i practice in my bedroom all the time, the best place to get your glowsticking skills down pat....the only problem is that i break to many light bulbs wink

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
I've got a glass sheild in front of my lamp, so I only get a loud *DONG* when struck. smile

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

Wormymember
22 posts

Posted:
Fortunately my room has room to swing a cat...unfortunately when swinging 2 i hit things...So pois inside is a nope for me frown[This message has been edited by Wormy (edited 11 October 2001).]

Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
When I have small amounts of time or I dont feel like walking downstairs and outside I do the poi in my room. I do have to shorten my strings and watch myself since I have a couple lamps, my computer and my television, also my stereo system to watch for, it just makes it so I have to be careful and i'm able to watch where I'm swinging very easily. Maybe it could be recommended if you are having problems with that, just remove anything that could be easily damaged and worth something.------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso