• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Some benefits of Glowsticking:

Login/Join to Participate

EyeStorm

Total posts: 54
Posted:Well, recently, I've taken to poi spinning in my bedroom for practice. There are several good reasons for this.1: I don't have to lug the CD player outside.2: If I open the drapes at night, the big picture window acts almost like a mirror, so I can see myself.
Non-Https Image Link
3:The only injuries are to myself and my lamp.Sure I have to kneel down for the windmill, but it makes a great practice spot. Anyone else practice in their bedrooms?

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

Delete Topic

Auger282

Total posts: 81
Posted:***
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429499360)

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:I practice in my small manhattan apt. The only problem is I think it crimps my style. Once I get outside I don't know what to do with all of the space!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

foobaa

foobaa

spinning for ages

Total posts: 125
Posted:Well my current bedroom really doesn't have room to swing a cat (so to speak) and so not really enough room to spin the poi either....but as the weather is just warming nicely here I wanna be outside anyways!!

fe fi foo fun

Delete

Blackbird

Total posts: 337
Posted:Living room for me... and the ceiling is high enough for me to do the windmill! woop!although mini practice poi would be fun nonetheless

x X x Ĉ К я x X x

Delete

Auger282

Total posts: 81
Posted:***
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429499397)

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:Yup, yup, yup, I'm with ya dude. I tend to be far too static for my own liking...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

Posted:Well, Katinca and I have a room dedicated to the computer, and twirling. IT has UV lighting and enough room for two ppl on poi, or one person going off on poi or controlled staff
Non-Https Image Link
Oh yeah - I can point my Stereo's speakers into the room too - just for tunes
Non-Https Image Link
We are happy when its raining, and we are twirling away warm inside.NO sound complaints yet, and we were groovin twirling to the beats til about 3am on Saturday night...I definitely think twirling in confined spaces cramps your style...but it also makes you good at spacial awareness...which is also important when twirling at parties and stuff..out,Josh

Delete

glowraver

Total posts: 3
Posted:Ya man i practice in my bedroom all the time, the best place to get your glowsticking skills down pat....the only problem is that i break to many light bulbs
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

EyeStorm

Total posts: 54
Posted:I've got a glass sheild in front of my lamp, so I only get a loud *DONG* when struck.
Non-Https Image Link

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

Delete

Wormy

Total posts: 22
Posted:Fortunately my room has room to swing a cat...unfortunately when swinging 2 i hit things...So pois inside is a nope for me
Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by Wormy (edited 11 October 2001).]

Delete

Gheu

Total posts: 28
Posted:When I have small amounts of time or I dont feel like walking downstairs and outside I do the poi in my room. I do have to shorten my strings and watch myself since I have a couple lamps, my computer and my television, also my stereo system to watch for, it just makes it so I have to be careful and i'm able to watch where I'm swinging very easily. Maybe it could be recommended if you are having problems with that, just remove anything that could be easily damaged and worth something.------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

Delete