cyberspinmember
21 posts

Posted:
Hi guys

Things going prety good with staff practice, learnt the horizontal turn the other day.

Just a queary, with the shoulder role or adding an extra spin behind the back with side figure 8, i understand abouttwisting your wrist around for an extra spin but i find the twist realy jerky and just not smooth, any ideas?

take it easy

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven (John Milton)I am the answer to all questions and cause of all problems!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
learning slowly aids with fluidity as you gain speed. im a talking slooooow here.
horse tranquilisers may be in order.

good luck, and I wuv yooo!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Yup, he ain't wrong.

Wrist twisty extra spins feel all jerky and wrong at first, but do it lots. You'll get used to moving your wrist and arm together until its all harmoniously smooth and lovely. It's one of them pesky "things that takes time". i hate them

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Oakenmember
34 posts

Posted:
Hello out there...

One thing i do all the time is keep an extra stick around that's the same length as my fire staff but considerably heavier. I do quite alot of practice with it in fact. There are many advantages to training like this i find. obviously this will aid in slowing you down because we all know that it is difficult to go as slow as you should when your first learning.
Also it helps to strengthen the wrist, arm, shoulder muscels that are used.
I can't say enough about going slow at first like the other guys have mentioned. It really lets you observe the geometry of what it is you're actually doing...

happy spinning!

One Love, Dont forget.

cyberspinmember
21 posts

Posted:
thats true honey, thanx

how long did it take you guys to get it smooth?

--------------------------------------------------
how can i tell the good side from the bad?

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven (John Milton)I am the answer to all questions and cause of all problems!

6,978 posts

Posted:
shaving every day

bulldozermember
38 posts

Posted:
Not too sure about that horse tranquilizer, Bender. I spent a great deal of last weekend exploring various aspects of horse tranquilizer...
All in great fun. Didn't do much to help my twirling though

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. --Mark Twain

cyberspinmember
21 posts

Posted:
leave the horse tranquilzer for the poor horses, they need it after being ridden all day!

6,978 posts

Posted:
I'm sure there's pleeeenty enuff to go 'round. I wonder if horses go to raves.
/imagines what a dancefloor with huge piles of horsey lovin' scattered about..

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Check this thread for a little info on rev shoulder roll

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Horses at Raves

I have seen cows..... never horses

So much fire, so little body hair...

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
stranger things have been seen at raves...

oh, and practice practice practice = there is always someone smoother than you but at least you don't hit yourself anymore

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.