AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi i have been doing staff for about a year now, and Im good at what i can do, i recently went to the reading festival and i met i guy who was doing contact staff and i was blown away. I cant do any contact staff, and i really want to get into it, can any1 give me some websites with lessons or videos to buy or something. ....anything would help, thanks.

MaskNmember
14 posts

Posted:
I didn't know there was contact staff
I do contact juggling but staff, if i find anything i'll be sure to post it

--MaskN--

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
for a start
do a search in staff
section on "contact"
that should throw up about 79 threads

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Glåss:
for a start
do a search in staff
section on "contact"
that should throw up about 79 threads

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
i just started learning some basics of contact. most i can do is roll it over my elbows, my neck, let it spin in the small of my back and shoulder rolls. its defintely a challange to learn, but a fun one indeed!

Power percieved is power achieved.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
You could just watch nix? Glass and bluecat P.s check the videos page for help as well.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
You want to do contact, (insert spooky voice) oheoheoeheoehoeoheohe
Spinning is for weirdos, oheoheoehoehoeheoh

Viva UGLY STAFF

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
wait on second thought I'll get flamed for that, Spinning is great but contact is just really really really fun and makes people go "huh"

Viva UGLY STAFF

bulldozermember
38 posts

Posted:
Couldn't agree more but I find that usually it's other spinners that get the most impressed (and indeed go "HUH???") and not a regular audience.
Throws on the other hand brings out the "WOW!!!" factor with them and of course the higher the better!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. --Mark Twain

Lasa'nta Dubh Mac Tiremember
51 posts

Posted:
Umm contact ish cool.. yea.. i have one but not sure it can go anywhere.. wrap in your elbow and spin it over your head as you crouch down and let it go over your back? anyone see anything there?

Nothing goes through the Lunitics dark mind... By his own Decaying HeartI love the little tacos... I love them goood G.i.rI'm gunna roll around on the floor for abit k? G.i.r

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
i dunno, on fire i get a lot of "what the hell is that guy doing, thats far out..." ect and whilst throws are good, throws from and into contact moves are even better.

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

wombleofmordormember
13 posts

Posted:
Hey JSmilk, Where abouts at reading fest did you see the contact staff stuff, i've only been doing contact a little while, i was spinning down by the river friday and sunday i think, perhaps we met? Let me know

never underestimate the healing power of custard.