bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
whilst at ejc, i went to buy a drink, leaving a fully functioning 1.45m blue/blue staff in full working order at a table next to loads of mates. when i came back it was broken.... apparently it was borrowed by 'some chick' but when it came back broken there was noone there....

how can somone be so rude as to pick up $700 woth of equipment, break it, switch it off and then not apologise

sending it off for repair tomorrow and i don't know when it will be back due to extra design that went into it...

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
I hope your blue baby comes back I still need to sleep next to it (insert silly french accent) like it's my wife

Viva UGLY STAFF

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Mr Cat that's really shit
I've had that happen to my ones TWICE I was lucky because the person that broke them ended up paying to get them fixed.

I know I for one am really protective about by babies and don't just go giving them out to just anyone to play with.

Do you know the person that messed with it?

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
no idea.

the worst thing is that when it was made i asked for a second polyurethane covering to stop it being so flexible and bouncy... and that meant it took about a week to fill properly. and to repair the LEDs aerotech will have to... empty the staff. take out all the LEDs and rewire them, then refdill.... and i want to ga away soon and desperately hope it will come back in time.....

R

ps bams i know i should not lend if i don't want breakages... but 1: i don't like to appear mean( ) and 2: i didn't. someone else did.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
just anticipating the bambam rant.....

i know that it is my livelihood(my stick that is) but if someone really wants a go i find it reeeeallly hard to not just let them because it is soooooo nice to play with and i feel i cannot deny the the opportunity to play with what i think is one of the most beautiful staffs in the world.....

and just for hanging up on me i will change your name back to bambam in my phone book

R

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh so it's not going to be an easy job I didn't realise. Fingers crossed those good chaps in the workshop will sort it out quick.

Mr Cat I would hardly call it mean by not letting just anyone use your equiptment. It's a case of other people not knowing how much the bloody things cost to buy (and repair). Your aerotech is a tool for your job (am I right?).

I try not to be mean with my babies, however I always have practice gear near me to lend out to anyone who wants to play.

As for someone lending your toys out...Hmmmmmmmmm ! Nuf said me thinks

Bammy

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohhh so we're going for a below the belt shot now Mr Cat

Bammy

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
changing you back now....

forgive me?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by bluecat:
just anticipating the bambam rant.....

i know that it is my livelihood(my stick that is)

quote:
Originally posted by BamBam:
Mr Cat I would hardly call it mean by not letting just anyone use your equiptment. It's a case of other people not knowing how much the bloody things cost to buy (and repair). Your aerotech is a tool for your job (am I right?).

classic premptive posting by bluecat there

ps. my phonebook *only* has nicknames in it it makes sense though - like i know six 'rob's but i only know one 'bluemincateiro'. is this a bad thing or are you two just being weird? again.

pps. about the actual topic - that sucks big fat hairy buffalo balls. if you find out who the girl was i will gladly arrange for her life to be ruined carrie style. this is the exact reason i generally don't go near people's aerotech equipment - i would doubt she intentionally did it which suggests (as i have seen myself) that this stuff can break from a normal drop. still not right of her to run away though

ppps. are you sure it wasn't sabotage robert heart dressed a a chick maybe...? uuurrggghh, what a thought

[ 23. August 2003, 00:35: Message edited by: coleman ]

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Wow what a catch 22, rob. Sorry to hear about irresponsible people spoiling the fun, man!
hopefully, your staff's gunna come back stronger than ever, like galvatron during the transformers movie. except less purple.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Yeah Rob that was gutting....

I thought you gave it to Vanessa when you left to get a drink? It was she who then lent it to the other girl.

She didn't switch it off tho mate...I got it off her remember?

'twas I wot noticed that one of the banks wasn't flashing - so I don't think she did it maliciously...I think that both the girls that used it were far too drunk to notice that 4 of the many (blue) leds weren't flashing.

Hey, and as I said... at least you still have yours!

No fear-the aerotech boys will do you proud...

see you soon
dave

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ta bender..

just sent this to dave:

as for the staff bit it was already off when i got back to the table... must have missed you saying you switched it off.... so apologies there...
i wasn't implying it was malicious just i thought discourteuos....but i retract in that case...

yup i'm sure it will come back lovely and shiny like new...

enjoy
R

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:

s'all i can say mate...
I feel your pain!

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
I just got my beatiful double staves from Aerotech a few days ago, i love 'em!

Can someone tell me about how muchs hits they can take? I'm gonna do a lot of throwing with them so they're gonna fall on the ground every now and then for sure.

Point your toes.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
a lot