Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Aerotech Staff Help!!! Came with no manual!!!

Login/Join to Participate

LokiSpinsmember
2 posts

Posted:
Can anybody with an Aerotech glostaff assist? Mine showed up today with no manual, the only clue is some code on one end of the staff itself (programming clues, like 1=off, 2=on, etc.). Where do I tap this thing to turn it on? I was warned that it's easy to get lost in the menu system and think your staff is broken, so I'm resisting the urge to just start pushing it all over.

Already emailed Aerotech, but it's the weekend already in GB and I prob won't get a reply 'til Monday. No way I can wait that long to turn it on.

Please assist!!! Muchas Gracias.

Loki

-= mutagen -

LokiSpinsmember
2 posts

Posted:
Alright, kinda answered my own question, there's some info on the website. But any tips from experienced users would be appreciated.

- Loki

-= mutagen -

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
All Aerotech products (apart from Devilsticks) have the same menu systems.
Basically once it's charged (they don't always arrive charged) to "wake it up" just give it some quick taps until it starts flashing/glowing (make sure you don't put it into menu mode when turning it on)
I'm guessing you've worked out the menu system, there's a good video on the website and a downloadable program chart - but if not it simply works with 4 menus, each leading too a sub-menu.
To enter the program menu, tap the staff 5 times (a knee, knuckle, keyring) and it should flash differently then blink off. It will then flash slowly four times, these are the 4 main menus; General, Strobe Speed, Colour 1, Colour 2. Tap AFTER the flash you want to access that sub-menu. Again count the flashes down the sub-menu which are printed on the staff.

The useful ones to know instantly are (after 5 taps):
1-1 = Off/sleep
2-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 = Strobe speeds, 1 = off, 8=fastest

The only thing that can be really annoying is turning each individual colour off independently, as then it no longer flashes/lights up but is still "on".
If you get really confused, just fo 1-6 which puts it back into default mode.
Oh, and if it starts acting wierd, try giving it a bit of charge.
Hope this helps Enjoy, I'm in love with my GloMeteors actually...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude