I merely give you the site adress and leave the decision up to you

https://www.robertheart.com

the man, the myth, the legend, the heart

Viva UGLY STAFF

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Can we send him an Art of Staff video? Look...there is more to this than fast!

Alas, Simian *le sigh*, I fear not. He truly is a narcissistic, egomaniacle, megalomaniac with the extreme talent of pissing off a really *large* group of people in a single step.

My understanding is that he managed to offend a large room full of people with one sentence as well. Never was told what that was though. I have only ever met two other people capable of doing that. I think he is their King.

Thing is, as far as marketing goes, he is a genius. His antics get him talked about which gets people looking his way, and despite that his site sucks, everyone here has looked at it, haven't they?
What's that old saying about all publicity is good publicity???

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
how many of us are going to book him tho?

at the thought.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Antti_EverythingGOLD Member
addict
446 posts

Posted:
Has anyone ever challenged the king to a public battle? I just get so inspired by this mf and i'm thinking of going to the next EJC just to battle him.... Waste of energy and time maybe but people like him just get me mad.

Point your toes.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by bluecat:
how many of us are going to book him tho?

at the thought.

That's part of the point though. We are not the ones who book, so our thoughts/feelings on this guy are pretty irrelevant. However, the more hits we give his site...the greater chance it shows up in searches and then he does get booked by unsuspecting people.

It still works in his favor.

"Battling", like at raves and clubs? Last time I went to any group thing of that sort there wasn't any battling going on because it breeds animosity and competition, instead of the all around good, sharing kind of stuff..... I doubt he would do it.
But I'd laugh to watch....

Pele

addict
446 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Pele:

"Battling", like at raves and clubs? Last time I went to any group thing of that sort there wasn't any battling going on because it breeds animosity and competition, instead of the all around good, sharing kind of stuff..... I doubt he would do it.
But I'd laugh to watch.... [/QB]
Battling like in breakdancing or mc'ing.. Battling doesn't have to be negative or even about competition, it's a way to share also. I know it's uncommon in the firescene. But I'm sure everybody agrees that this guy is just asking to get served.

Point your toes.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Bluecat...
quote:
>Any music for any performance
>Costumes for any theme event
>Spotless safety record

when you see a man spin a staff on the open stage at the EJC and it breaks in half and flies into the audience you have an easy one there.....

I'm not sure about the context of your statement? Are you talking about one of his performances?

I hope so, because someone who has been performing for THAT long with THAT big and ego is likely to have so many spots on his safety record that it looks like a cheetah

And Pele, I disgaree about the hits to his website. Sure, it mean he comes up more often, but people who book him after looking at his website are partially at fault themselves.

It doesn't take special fire-twirling knowledge to realise what sort of person he is.

I mean come-on!

quote:
"I've come to one conclusion about people everywhere. They're not stupid ... I have wonderful things to offer. They believe this and are anxious to reward me. You will too."
After reading that statement, which says nothing about twirling, but everythign about him, I feel anxious to reward him myself.

In fact, maybe I will send him an email asking him to provide proof that he has the "worlds largest fire staff" and how he recorded the speed of his spinning. I know it is much harder to record the speed of a spinning object compared to one moving in a straight line.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
for anyone who missed it, at the EJC on the open stage robert heart did his "amazing" UV butterfly thingy routine. While performing, his incredibly enginered staff broke in half and one half went flying into the audience.

Viva UGLY STAFF

371 posts

Posted:
I was speaking to glass and he had the great idea of running stick workshops everyday next year at the EJC to counter the evil that is robert hearts spinning style. We'd get all the crew together and have everyone teaching different stick aspects do a big spinning school. Although the heart's gym coach teaching style is good for absolute beginers unfortunatley what he's teaching can be politely described as wank.

Viva UGLY STAFF

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by The Approving Ninja:
I was speaking to glass and he had the great idea of running stick workshops everyday next year at the EJC
where do i sign up?

Non-Https Image Link

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhh.....Robert Heart

my first Robert Heart Experience occured at the EJC in Rotterdam 2001...my my my...what a man? I was apprehensively amused to hear that he was there at the EJC this year....*thanks for the tip off Dom*

after a few years now, I have managed to come to terms with my Inner Robert Heart so I was less distressed than most with his antics...

I do have to honour him with one credit though...it's hard, and I'm sure I will be slated my many HoPers for what I about to type...

His one claim at the EJC '01 that I really took most offence to was that he took staff twirling to Australia. Now, me growing up in the Aussie twirling scene I thought that this was the biggest load of shit I'd ever heard! The maths surrounding his history meant that he'd been spinning for over 20 years...and in my opinion his skill blatantly discredited that.

Since returning to Australia..spending some time in Byron and surrounds I have met a few of the OLD skool twirlers.

I mentioned this guy to them and they all agreed to what he'd said! He came to a Confest in the 80's and showed/inspired a LOAD of people with his twirling etc... and basically kick started a whole load of crew in Australia to start spinning.

So I guess he was right?

Now here's a scarey thought though- people infulence people who influence people who influence people...so more possibly for the Aussies, but not that less possibly for the rest of the world....you can be almost certainly guaranteed that there's a little bit of Robert Heart in all of us!

Spookey eh?

But seriously guys....ya gotta stop slating the guy. If he was a HoPer there's no way you'd be allowing each other to say these things right?

I heard a saying once:

Great minds talk about the future,
Average minds talk about events,
Small minds talk about people.

laters
dave

addict
446 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by coleman:
quote:
Originally posted by The Approving Ninja:
I was speaking to glass and he had the great idea of running stick workshops everyday next year at the EJC
where do i sign up?

I'm down also

Point your toes.

371 posts

Posted:
there'll be a sign up sheet somewhere under a couch. One thing I forgot to mention is that this year Robert Heart did a stick workshop everyday at the EJC and taught a lot of wrong things, i.e. the complete absence of planes.

Viva UGLY STAFF

371 posts

Posted:
okay dave, valid. No man deserves to have the entire internet hate him. But even if he was a home of poier I'd still say somethings to sort out his attitude, I may be a bit gentler, but some one seriously has to do something.

Viva UGLY STAFF

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
not slating him dave - all i did was quote his website and that speaks for itself.

whatever his credentials or claims to fame re. australia and firetwirling there is no excuse for his reported arrogance and rudeness and the blatent lies in his advertising.

if he was someone on hop we wouldn't stand for it either.

if there is a 'little bit of robert heart' in me i hope it just boils down to my bad plane control with double staffs

anyway, am looking forward to your return dude - hope you and d are well and having fun. see ya soon

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
yes and no dave.... i have never met a man who so made me angry: the last time i hit someone in anger was when i was 12, and meeting RH in Christiania post EJC only the fact that Kenn forced me to leave stopped me from blemishing a pretty good record....and so i feel the world deserves to know.

but i will leave it now in the hope that i meet him in the next year and have a calm and revelatory discussion with him....

oh... and a stick is a stick, and baton has been around for a number of years.

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Knoxious, I know Australians who have been twirling "stick" longer than that. Most of them are Martial Artists though, and a few left the martial part behind and just continued with staves. He may have introduced it to people at Confest (something I have also heard) but he did not introduce it to Australia as a whole.

That would be like someone stating that by introducing stave at Burningman that they brought it to the US, when in fact it has been here essentially longer than the US (thanks to Hawaii).

Charles, that would be why I said "unsuspecting" people. I get alot of people who book me and have no clue what they want, or even think about it. They just want a spectacle.

As for his stave breaking in the middle of his Rainbow Show...at least it was not a fire one that flew out. Thank goodness for small blessings.

Pele

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Knoxious...Well done mate!

While I can't say i agree with you, I applaud your sentiments and the path you followed to make those statements.

This could turn into a healthy discussion after all...

quote:
No man deserves to have the entire internet hate him
I agree and diasagree with Aproving Ninja (great name by the way).

In my opinion, VERY few people deserve to have the whole internet hate them, but a number of special, select people, do deserve it.

Just in the way that Mother Teresa deserves our respect, our admiration and the credit for all the good her actions caused during her selfless life...

In exactly the same way people with an apparently opposite personality also deserve the the end result of their actions.

From what I can see, it's not like RH had a bad day one day and said a few things he shouldn't. And it's not like he hasn't been acting like this for so many years that he must understand the reactions that result from his actions.

He's had so much time to re-evaluate his life, so many people have shown him in subtle and unsubtle ways how society reacts to his interaction.

If (for example) he was from rural China, and were using social skills that are the norm in that area of the world, then there is an amount of forgiveness I might credit him with.

But he isn't and he's not.

One of the upsides of the internet is also it's downside...Access for all!

If you decide to put up a website, you better be ready for people to react to it. Pure and simple.

To help prevent backlashes and negative reactions to a website, it should really be written from a social perspective first, and then a business perspective second. Because it is PEOPLE who will be looking at it, so it needs to be written for people.

RH site sounds more the sites of cult leaders and Saddam Hussein than an professional entertainer's one...

All in my opinion of course...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
By the way,
https://www.robertheart.com/
for anyone wondering what this is about

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Out of interest, all this "I can spin staff at 90-100 MPH" stuff, can someone work out the maths of this and tell me if it's actually impressively fast?
His 7 foot staff is surely cheating (what with lever theories and all that) but I'd guess that with an extra-long staff/poi (I reckon poi would be easier to get speed out of) this wouldn't be soooooooo hard, what is that in RPM/BPM?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Confest is totally the most important time of the year for me, and i initally got into it becuase of the fwirlage.

But to think that such a hurtful man could have influenced people at such a lovely hippy festival makes me feel ill. I wonder if there were twirlers at the first Confest at Cotter River, 1976? to have such an attitude in the most loving community me has seen For the people that dunt know, Confest is a twice a year hippy festival held in NSW australia and is so amazingly full of skills workshops and loving hippies that many people come from their first experience changed for the better. It is a nice coincidence that a lot of amazing firetwirlers from around Oziland attend it.
Confest pichas.

As for making such assertions, It is said the the beginning of wisdom is knowing the extent of one's ignorance.

And Knoxious, you've coined a term, mate!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Durbs... just for you...

One complete revolution of a 7 foot staff will travel (on the very tippy ends) pi x diameter = 3.14 x 7 feet = 21.98 feet.

How many feet in a mile? 5280…

So 5280 divided by 21.98 = 240

So each spin of the staff is 1/240th of a mile…

To spin it at one mile an hour, you would have to spin it 240 times in 60 minutes (now why does that work out so easily?)

So 240 / 60 = 4

4 times a minute to spin at one mile an hour

to spin it at 100 miles an hour, you then get 400 times a minute.

400 / 60 = 6.6666 or 6 and 2/3

So six and 2/3 revolutions a second with a 7 foot staff is liekly to be a 100 miles an hour.

Sound pretty attainable to me...

What REALLY interests me is how he knows it is that fast, did he measure it with a camera or something, or is it just a made up figure...?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

371 posts

Posted:
based on what I know or at least have gathered about the heart I'm led to belive that he made it up. And while he does spin vaugely fast he still has no control, his "best" move the one that "will get you earing 300 dollars a show in a week" is just doing split time with doubles while spinng around in a circel. I'm serious that's his ace in the hole the one that will "wow" the crowd.
and just for you charles re-printed here is the story of how I got to be the approving ninja.
For anyone who wasn't at the EJC I changed to the approving ninja beacause ROB (the non-heart), Ken and I did a Robert Heart Piss taking act on the renegade with me dressed up as a ninja to give "approval" to Ken's top student. That day the favourite quote was "twenty martial artist have approved my style" so we got 1 martial artist (me) to approve and I've been ninja ever since

Viva UGLY STAFF

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
quote:
re-printed here is the story of how I got to be the approving ninja
Cool story, and welcome to the world of ninja monikers.

I suggest referring any dumb ninja question you might get to “The Official Ninja Webpage”:

https://www.realultimatepower.net/

-david
www.fireninja.com

371 posts

Posted:
I know it's wicked have you checked out the movies?

Viva UGLY STAFF

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
quote:
"The act before me was Robert Hart. He did a UV staff-spinning act. His costume made me feel a bit ill. Imagine an overweight bearded hippy from Hawaii in a black skintight outfit, which clings to every contour of his body. And is covered in multicoloured fluorescent stripes. That was Robert Hart. "
hurray, luke burrage is writing his most excellect mindless drivel diary account of ejc to remond us how groovy it was, don't bother reading the whole thing
but it does have this choice quote, and he goes on to say:

"I didn’t see his act but at one point he was meant to split his one thick staff lengthways into two and do some dual staff spinning. Unfortunately for Robert he dropped and one of the thinner parts snapped in half at the join. Much fumbling later (which I didn’t see but can imagine) he stomped backstage shouting “What a f*cking disaster!” "

thanks luke.

[ 21. August 2003, 23:37: Message edited by: Glåss ]

6,978 posts

Posted:
wow glass, that crowd shot on that link you put up is amazink! was that just a concentrated mass skillful performers being an audience?! oh the irony!! - i could imagine the *pressure*!!

tell me somefink, do they tolerate anarchic sillyness a la ninja outfits n all at this convention?! Now that youse are posting photos of EJC up, i'm all ears!! like, wow!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
tolerate it,

bender, maaaaan,
Read the small print on the entrance ticket, you're not allowed in without a double scoop of daft topped with a flake 99 and 100's and 1000's.

OR do you want me to post the photo of my poi workshop where 65 people are learning to spin split time butterfly while rubbing one hand on each butt cheek.
rear view!

yes to ninja sillyness, and all your other sillyness.
no to: sensible shoes

371 posts

Posted:
yes give me the bum shot please god give me the bum

Viva UGLY STAFF

6,978 posts

Posted:
I believe it is our fate to see the bums.
It is our destiny.
I believe this night holds, for each and every one of us, the very meaning of our bum watching lives.
This is a bum war and we are soldiers. What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth posting bum pictures for?

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Hurredly rushes into the thread to prevent people from posting bum pictures

Guys. this is a FAMILY site...now can we get back to more stories of what Robert Heart gets up to when in front of complete strangers?

I feel a short story coming on with these as the insiration...something about a God who comes back after a thousand year absence and no-one believes he is a God, and they make fun of him...

but I need a few more stories to get into the mode...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Page: