PredatorBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Hey everybody,
I discovered this as part of a mistake on my behalf but think that it is really valuable to know. I started to learn staff with a super short peice of wood (29 inches) and while i found most of the proper staff moves really hard without the length and weight i was able to do the most amazing throws.
I have recently bought a short twirling staff from here and have found that not only are most of the full length staff move possible but also all of the throws.
This is great if you like to keep a lot of speed in your performances and practice.
I highly recommend the short twirling staff, it has been like a dream.

Fire? What the hell is th...OUCH!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
greetz predator - how much wicking are we tlkin' here?
gooo staff!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PredatorBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
2 foot on each end of 2 inch wide wick. with kero this can make a pretty big flame in fast throws.
kinda looks like a demented poi spinner only with more throws.

Fire? What the hell is th...OUCH!

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
I started with a short staff a while back as well, and as u say it is awesome fun. Mine was about 25 inches, but i found that it was too light so i attached some chain to the ends and then some more kevlar, so it is now a mixture of staff and poi with 4 wicks, 2 chains, and a short staff. It is hard to get used to, coz the chains slow it down and throw out the timing but well worth a go if u can be bothered making it

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!