Forums > Social Chat > Anyone else where a hat?

Login/Join to Participate

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
I have this huge russian hat which pretty much covers all of my head with a very think and soft layer of protection. Anyway i cant imagine not using it and was wandering whether anyone else wears hat...? ;D

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
nope, but I like having a hood when there is risk of hitting myself (or I feel to look hard)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I always wear some kind of hat/bandana. I actually think it's kind of important. Especially if I don't want to have to explain how I lost a chunk of hair at work the next day. smileIt's interesting (I did mention this on another thread) I'd been wearing an NYFD hat at times this summer for the whole fireman-twirling fire connection. Now it's become a tribute to the WTC guys. The Mets, Yankees, Giants, Jets and even the Mayor is wearing my hat now. It's wierd having something, all of a sudden gain such different meaning.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey,I nearly always like to wear an either cotton or hemp bandaner when I twirl. Its a kinda safety blanket.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

693 posts

Posted:
hey - I used to wear my favourite floppy kangol hat, when twirling doubles, cuz for some reason I kept hitting myself in the head wif em smile but Kate told me off for my lack of fashion sense - so now I brave the injuries winkLove,Josh

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

693 posts

Posted:
AH, c'mon Josh you look so much better without the hat on. We can all see your pretty face an everything smile smileLove and light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
lol, its incredible but that really did make me laugh grin

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
So given that what makes us laugh eh?love and laughter

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Yep, I wear a black woolly hat. One day I'll go bald, so for now every strand is precious!And it keeps my ears warm!Dom

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I wear a plain black cap for normal spinning. When I want to impress I braid all my hair into really small braids. I also wear a big goofy lookin flaming top hat when I not spinning.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
During the (Aussie) winter I had a bright red beanie, but now it's warming up I think I might have to start risking the hair, or risk overheating!

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Never wear a hat. I think it has something to do with growing up in Chicago, where the natives shun hats. Only puny, thin-blooded out-of-towners incapable of withstanding the harsh Chicago winter wear hats. You think I'm joking? I've seen T-shirts reading "Chicago: Where the weak are killed and eaten!"Seriously, though, no, I don't wear hats. If I had very long hair, the story might be different. I've singed my hair more than a few times, but that was always minor. I set it on fire once, but that wasn't as bad as it looked (thanks to the fast reaction of my towel-guy). I've bopped myself in the face a few times too, but that was never serious.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
I never used to, until I set my hair on fire at a rave. Somebody said it was the biggest hair-inferno he'd ever seen, but he can't have seen that many cause I really wasn't too badly damadged. I just have lots more fuzzy bits on top now. But I take hats and scarves a bit more seriously these days. I grieved when I lost my beloved yellow hat.x

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
hmmm just shaved my head yesterday...no hair to catch on fire at the moment!!!

fe fi foo fun

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I have two "special fireproof antithermal cranium covers", or so I say to the crowds.They are both black and red woven cotton hats (you know the ones you need to keep curling the edges on and can look like bowlers from a distance). I bought them both specifically for INFERNO's costume.One is a cool yling ylang symbol when view from above. From the front there's a diagonal slash across my forehead where the black stops and the red begins.It looks like the colors are corkscrewing when i spin in one spot! The other is just some koru's (a swirly maori-style pattern) going around the middle of it, but is newer and looks better for the up-close gigs...There ya go, hows that for far too much info on INFERNO's hats...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
ive just shaved all mine off too (for charity of course) but i have to wear a hat when im not twirling now coz my head gets cold ive got a great beany from woolworths that was only 10p! what a bargin.ellie

little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

elliwmember
25 posts

Posted:
ive just shaved all mine off too (for charity of course) but i have to wear a hat when im not twirling now coz my head gets cold ive got a great beany from woolworths that was only 10p! what a bargin.ellie

little miss firefly, burning bright,lights your way all through the night.

Gavinmember
3 posts

Posted:
Being the proud posessor of what once was a fine head of hair (before age and an overworked brain decided it should start falling out) I have 2 'dodgy geezer' hats to wear whilst playing with fire...Although they're not that effective when you're drunk at a party and forget to tuck all the unds in properly and set fire to yourself....

Ithacamember
45 posts

Posted:
im getting a weird sense of deja vu about this posting!

------------------
errrm I intend to live forever, or at least die trying.
Voltaire

Ithacamember
45 posts

Posted:
im getting a weird sense of deja vu about this posting!

------------------
errrm I intend to live forever, or at least die trying.
Voltaire

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Yep!!Wooly - baseball - beanie - fishing not one with a slight singe!(so far)M:-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I wear a bowler occasionly because i also do hat manipulation when not spinning

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
i used to wear a hat, but it turned into a towering inferno, so i had to take it off...now i am hat less, but my hair has remarkably survived so far... obviously not trying hard enough

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

BongoCIHmember
16 posts

Posted:
As I see it you either wear some kind of head gear, or you have short non-oily hair....After whacking myself on the head with fire poi, I decided to get a hair cut smile