poirob2member
43 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone. I'm new to this particular part of the HOP forums as I only picked up a staff for the first time yesterday, although it appears I am already hooked . Been spinning poi for about 7-8 months and using concepts from my spinning I have been able to nail some turns c.w. and c.c.w.. I can roll the staff though my fingers on both hands, and also round the back of my hand when I run out of fingers. I can change hands mid twirl and do a simple throw-catch.
I would really apreciate any hints and tips for the absolute beginner like myself ; trick names, explaination of concepts, or anything thats going to help be advance in this enjoyable art. Thank you in advance, Rob

Is this were Im supposed to write something interesting.....errmm.........AVOCARDO!!!!!!

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Here's a link to a thread that Charles did that is now pretty much the bible of staff moves and their names:

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000098

Enjoy.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

MozyBRONZE Member
*.. If ya can't be Good, Be Good at it..*
147 posts

Posted:
Thanx for that.

Found it very interesting to read

Thanx again

Loki

watching the world go by!!!!

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

poirob2member
43 posts

Posted:
Wow, loads to go one, thanx . My fingers are sore and swollen from spinning , but no pain no gain

Is this were Im supposed to write something interesting.....errmm.........AVOCARDO!!!!!!