poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
So ... uh ... anyone ever try to make a beaming poi staff?

I did a search and nothing came up about it so I saw no harm in starting a topic.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by poiaholic :
I saw no harm in starting a topic.
No harm? You won't be saying that when every staffspinner on the board is limping around clutching their bruised body parts and cursing you name...

Actually beamers on a staff shouldn't be as hurty as beaming poi. i find that unlike poi, i mostly slow down a bit just before i hit myself with staff, mostly.

How would you fix them on? There's nowhere safe to drill a hole in a beamer is there? And you REALLY don't want one to fly off and smack someone upside the head

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Wow. That is a very smart idea. For people who don't plug the ends of their fire staff's they could use that to temporarily attach beaming poi onto the ends of their staff.

CatastrophicBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hey, try this out....they are called streetligts-battery powered LED lights- (invented by one of my spinning teachers) and you put them into a clear pvc type plastic tube/stave...a little pricy tho... I can get you better prices on the streetlights than what they charge in the store...

https://www.neonhusky.com/catalog-f.html

or this one https://www.coltronix.net
(the inventor of the streetlight's site)--check out the "bladespinners" for multicolored poi action

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
I have one too but mine is a bit different.

I used some specialty nuts that you can fit into a 1/2" pipe that will accept a 1/4" threaded bolt or rod.Then I just took the old bolt out of the beamer and locked a longer one in and screwed it onto the pipe and

Voila! I have my very own beaming poi staff.