Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Most hilarious staff video ever.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
https://www.ultimatebadass.org/~xclan/ghyslain_razaa.wmv

Im not going to describe it. Just watch it and be amused

Lixtrimmember
32 posts

Posted:
wowwww...I like the Jedie one......

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Rumor has it this one was shown on the Fox News channel too (though under what pretext I have absolutely no idea).

I will admit to laughing at this video the first time I saw it, cruel as that may seem, but I think it was designed to inspire that sort of reaction in a viewer. But after the initial chuckle, I did realize he was doing some very original moves and some of his spins, intentional or no, ended up looking pretty decent. Goes along with a point I made in the "teaching moves" thread way back in the day - you can learn a lot from a n00b

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
seems that this video has caused quite a bit of controversy....

just a few things i would like to get of my chest..

1)this bra for example...been chaffing me all day..

2) i expect that this guy filmed himself in a sort of audition tape to be an extra in star wars or something similar..

3)i get this idea as it seems that he truly has said to himself..."those guys in star wars spin things...if i can look as if i know what im doing when i am spinning it then they are sure to give me a part" having never picked up a staff before in his life.

4) as we all know...neat is more aesthetically pleasing than messy, thus we perform set tricks which follow the 6 major planes around our body. THe subject in the video has multiple planes of rotaion and so it just looks 'unorganised'.

5) i still laugh when a) he hits the wall and b) almost twats the camera off the stand and c) the way he calmly walks on then goes totally crazy.

6) i greatly respect him for giving it a go and following what might be his dream- to appear as an extra in star wars (if that was his idea...well why else would you create a plain background and film yourself?)

and for those of you who think i got the star wars idea from the star wars version.....i didnt...i got the idea before i even knew about the star wars version..

Soleilmember
41 posts

Posted:
if you actually look at the video through media player, it's entitled "Jackass Star Wars" and does oddly enough look like the fat guy from jackass (or jack black potentially)

Its a joke fellas. Look at the nods to camera and if you go to his web direcxtory theres loads of comedy stuff.

HOWEVER, if he were a true staff learner then a mighty finger up to all HOPers who are double faced enough to encourage newbies then slagg them so horrifically. Imagine if that was you so stop being so cruel.

Sol
p.s he is crap and it is funny but hopefully you get what i mean...

HEEEEEEEEED!!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I don't even presume to know why he made it.

What I do know is this....

1. No matter what the reason for filming this, it took alot to stand in front of the camera and go balls out like that. I really appreciate and respect that.

2. I laughed my arse off, for quite some time. In fact, I first saw this several weeks ago when PWB showed it to me on a different site, and all I had to do was think about it and I would chuckle.

The point of performance pieces, no matter what they are, is to (hopefully) evoke emotion. This guy, whether intentionally or not, made ALOT of people bust up laughing. There is alot of respectability in that.

We are always saying that really what you look like doesn't matter as long as you love what you do....and this is truly no different!

And I agree it does look like the guy from Jackass, though thinner...*shrug*

*Sidenote: To Soliel....I read all of the posts in this thread twice. One, other than yours stating that he is crap, was borderline rude. Everyone else in someway gave the man kudos and alot of credit. So before you go wagging that finger around, please stop and concider exactly who you are doing it to.*

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Soleilmember
41 posts

Posted:
knew that comment would sting.

only said he was crap because he is pretending to be good. As i quote "if he were a true staff learner". If I don't think someone is good, I'll tell them. Then ask if they want any help. My point is dont' criticise if you don't mean it. Don't pretend to support people then stab them in the back. Be honest.

HEEEEEEEEED!!

Dark Pixiemember
47 posts

Posted:
That staff video (hilarious, simply hilarious) put me in mind of some footage I saw once of Ewan McGregor doing the major fight scenes in Star Wars before the Computr Fairy added some nasties for him to fight.
That said though, the guy seems to have an effective (if messy looking) staff technique that appears to working brilliantly for him. I got ideas for my own staff moves from watching him (thats why I LOVE watching other staffers- get new moves, haha haha)

Roman candles that burn in the night, yeah you are a shining light

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
It may seem funny at first, but youve got to say, the guy puts the effort in. I can't do staff anyway so he's probably better than me already anyway!

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

ShadowVmember
6 posts

Posted:
Check this out:

https://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,6485232%255E11869,00.html

Its all about this video. Some 'friends' decided to play a prank on him by making a fool of him and because of all the embarasment he suffered ppl are donating stuff to him. Ne ways check out the link, it says it all better there than i ever could.

-I dont know if Im alive and dreaming or dead and remembering-

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
justice is a an unpredictable lover. with bad table manners. that sometimes comes late to dates.
what was the topic again?!

yeah that's it - good on him if he gets wads of $$ for it. he earned *all* of it!
I hope to Will Shatner that he gets HoP goodies in that donation pool and becomes the next 1112 poi skillz ninja or dantana staff wizard.
I may have just offended everyone.
:bolts off in random direction that is not the wall.:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Bender mate...that would be the ceiling you just ran into...

I recon we should all donate a bit and get him a real Fire staff or aerotech staff..

what do you think?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I think the dude has a *real chance* to put all the people that laughed at him to SHAME.

Yasee, not everyone has a chance to cause thousands of detractors some serious soul searching.

big up to Ghysian

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Firetwirlermember
20 posts

Posted:
oi im going to make a video of myself as well. hope people will like it and send me some donations hehe

fireninjamember
34 posts

Posted:
Hey fire people,

I was sent a link to this same staff vid from some friends in the online geek community. All the following from https://waxy.org/:

quote:

The Star Wars Kid has been found!

The two videos were downloaded 1.1 million times from my site alone, a staggering 2.3 terabytes of traffic, placing a geeky little kid at the center of the web's attention practically overnight. So who was he and what was he thinking?

My research revealed few details, until the culprits finally contacted me. His name is Ghyslain, a 15-year-old tenth grader living in Quebec. Originally recorded onto an 8mm tape on November 4, 2002 in the school's studio, the video was never meant to be seen by anyone. After Ghyslain returned the borrowed videotape to his friend, the video sat in a basement for months. On April 19, 2003, Ghyslain's friend stumbled on the tape's secret contents and immediately shared it with friends. They thought it would be a funny prank to encode the video and upload it to Kazaa.

It only took two weeks for the video to spread around the world. Raven Software's Bryan Dube added the Star Wars effects on April 24, a mere five days after it originally appeared to the Internet. A week later, both videos were linked on every major gaming- and technology-related website, forum, and chat room online.

What does Ghyslain think about all this? My French-speaking friend Jish interviewed him today to find out what he thought about his newfound popularity. Read the interview now. Overall, he seems like a damn cool kid. I don't care what anyone else thinks; Ghyslain is my new hero.

For details on the thousands of dollars which have been raised to benefit the kid, and the lawsuit filed by his parents, check out https://waxy.org/

anyway,

have fun, and play safe...

-david
david@fireninja.com
www.fireninja.com

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
wow cool
nice one ninja

we have got to find this guy,
he's a total hero.
We need him on HOP.

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
there is a new one produced and is floating about on the web now.
it is a canadian kid i think called rhess and there is a fund to buy an ipod for him... last time i looked it was at $4500 tho so he will get a few accessories too
whopse just looked more closely at the post... sorry all
but yeah there is another vid done where he is fighting blasters.

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
a new one?!

check it out!

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

UCOFSILVER Member