CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Don't know why this memory came back while sitting in my office, but I just remembered that when I was a child I had agroup of three imaginary friends/characters.Maralas was a witch I was quite affraid ofPrincess Rivoli was the good fairy. (funny cause Rivoli is the name of a street with a big shopping center and I was fascinated by the shopwindows during Xmas...maybe that's the reason)Loul was my buddy, my brother. I'd talk to him and laugh with him but when I'd do a bad thing (break something, not tidy my room...) he was pretty much the one responsible for all this (what a coward I am wink )Now am I the only one who had these kind of imaginary friends ?Note : no, I was NOT doing acid ... winkShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
Well, I never had an imaginary friend as in a person with a name, however I do remember having an imaginary companion when I was young.Basically I used to imagine a glowing red ball floating in the air near me. Sometimes I could control it and send it flying around, and at other times it just buzzed around of it's own accord. It got so that I didn't even have to think about it for it to be there.What this says about me, I don't know!! I was a weird child, and I grew up into a weird adult but now I sometimes have 2 glowing balls flying around me winkDom.------------------Peace, Love, Unity and Respect

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yeah and her name was Shelby. I had her because I hated going to visit my biological mom, then once I was adopted things were still rocky and she was a constant so I would use her, along with a changing cast of characters, to escape reality.Ironic childhood thing... I hated..I mean despised clowns and found no humor in them at all. Now look at me...add poofy hair and a red nose and I would be one!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
imaginary friends?hmm"cough...crack...cough" heh...i cant say that i ever had any imaginary friends. I did play with
Non-Https Image Link
once though.heh------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"

Its not easy being green....

LLcoolPatmember
38 posts

Posted:
I've had 7 imaginary friends and commited imaginary murder.Baby Joe and the cowboys used to chill with me all the time. Mom would even set 7 extra places at the table. I could beg all night but she drew the line at serving them food.One day my cousin wouldn't let me play on the swing because her imaginary friend was using it. To free up the swing I shot her friend with my imaginary gun and Agnes was gone forever. My aunt was pissed as hell but Mom was rolling on the floor.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Imaginary friends are only created by clever and creative minds.Shine on you sparkly creatures smileJosh

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
hmmm...... BUMP

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
i have had an imaganary friend here or there....
Like...."blue bear"....
he waz an actuall stuffed bear that would come to life when my mom and dad would fight....
and we would play with some power-rangers....
He also helped me throw some potatoes into my sisters craddle while she waz asleep.....
hehe....i was sadistic!!!

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Have any of you guys seen the movie Drop Dead Fred?? I love it! And if you've seen it you'll know what I mean.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
[ARCHLY]
I was never a child.
[/ARCHLY[

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
However you have always been mad, Mike. So, current imaginary friends?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I never had imaginary friends, but I used to tell stories to myself. I used to sit for hours telling myself stories, a sorta role play for one

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
wow... i don't tell many ppl this...

but I grew up in the bush from when I was 1 to 9 years old. In that time, I went bushwalking pretty much everyday... and had loads of imaginary friends... (I guess I was greedy?)

see... me and my best friend, each had a 'pixie group' that we were members of, and we had various members of our pixie groups living all over the bush. I remember some of the names of them still... there was... Rainbow Fairy, who lived in a big clump of gums near my house... Diamond Feet who was a pixie and lived wherever I decided she was that day... Silverwing was a witch who 'visited me' every now and then...

Witch Anabella was an evil witch who lived in a weird rocky part of the gully down the hill from my house... where it was all shadowy and cold and covered in trees .. ooh mysterious!

And there was also the evil Enchanter who lived with Witch Anabella (they were married) ..

And I had imaginary unicorns and winged horses I used to 'ride around' on... all with different names... like Silvermane, Diamond-gold, Sparkle-blue, blahblahblah you get the drift

My witch name was very tragic.. I'm not going to repeat it.. but my best friend's name was Windy Witch. She went away on holidays to the UK once and I remember she sent me a postcard asking me to look after and feed all her imaginary horses.

Oh god..this is just the start of what I got up to and I think I've said wayyyyyyyyyyy too much already!

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Most certainly! Well, actually, the friend was real, the planet we lived on (Mikrodes) probably wasn't: we were the official explorers for King Fredo of Mikrodes, we rode around on dinosaur-type creatures, and had a spaceship. We were always off on secret missions to other planets, notably that of our arch enemy Terbini - he captured us pretty much every time we went there, and we'd have to find yet another a way to escape his dungeons where we had to eat horrible sweets We were always hindered in our official exploring by "Engineerbeast" (which doesn't sound nearly as awkward in dutch) who was out pet and constantly tried to eat all our highly sensitive electrical equipment. They were interesting times

everyone's unique except me

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Rozi:
However you have always been mad, Mike. So, current imaginary friends?
Ok, so being a learning disabled child who had a bunch of cruel teachers who didn't understand me, I often fantasized that I was a teacher. And a good, understanding one at that. (Funny that, when I actually did start teaching classes in college, I was exactly the kind of teacher I wanted to be...)

So I didn't have an imaginary friend, I had an imaginary student who had problems, just like me. Her name was Ashley.

-Mike

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Mike, I can't help being amazed by you on a day to day basis.

Sorry for accidental meanness.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
My sister had an imaginary Tail
Yes
a tail
She would get upset if anyone stood/sat on it...

Apparently it was quite beautiful, i can remember being jealous of it...

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I had an imaginary friend. He didn't have a name or a face....he just kinda hung around behind me and answered questions when I needed help. We still talk. He's a good guy!

[ 07 October 2002, 17:30: Message edited by: SunSpot ]

Om Namah Sivaya

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Rozi:

Sorry for accidental meanness.

Huh? Meanness?

Don't bother apologizing. I don't think you did anything worth apologizing for...

-Mike

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
well...

me and my best friend in yr 3 had imaginary pets.
she had a big tiger, and i had a lil mini stegasaurous (dinosaur). we took them to skool with us every day and tied them up outside our classroom, and we would run around with them on the oval at lunch.
then one day we had playdough in class- and we made our pets... so they were no longer imaginary.
we carried them everywhere with us until the big meanies of the class squished them- and we thought our pets were dead
but, our other friend over night made us new ones- so it was all good.

but now- i have a dragon. very opinionative. gets me into trouble sometimes- cos i say whut she tells me too... most the time.

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I used to have an imaginary brother, as my sister never played with me when i was younger. Cant remember his name though.

And i used to play imaginary games a lot when i was little, like i remember being "county girl" where i lived in the countryside in a cave, or i played "fairys" and such like

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...