-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
are there Any Victorian Staff or Ploi enthusiasts around here?
Im relatively new to these arts and as only 2 of my friends also firetwirl we are all at the same level
While what we can do looks somewhat good, we need a mentor so to speak to teach us and guide us through new tricks...as well as social friends
If anyone is in Victoria itd be GREAT to let me know

If life was a ball of fire...i would be the poi sustaining it

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
Hey mate, I live in beaumaris (near sandringham, brighton etc.) whilst I'm not the best at staff I'd be happy to bounce some ideas off you? I'm planning to go into St. Kilda or Melbourne sometime this weekend, my email is ayellayen@hotmail.com or ICQ - 60337064. Get in touch with me and perhaps we could tee something up?

-Alan

BTW, I have a couple of mates who do poi (I don't know why but they do).

[ 12. March 2003, 21:03: Message edited by: Ayellayen ]

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
quote:
BTW, I have a couple of mates who do poi (I don't know why but they do).
alan.... i'm disappointed in you... that was really low and totally uncalled for....
but yes micky... i'm one of those friends who play with poi... and i'd be happy to show off... i mean show you some moves...hehe but theres a gathering every sunday outside luna park in st kilda... and one of the best teachers of poi is usually there...go flynty....hehe

my email is gospel_666@hotmail.com... and i'm always on msn... feel free to drop me a line...

Cheers

p.s alan.. you KNOW poi is better than your stick...hehehe but all fireyness is cool

I have a deep and painful spiritual problem...I've fallen over and can't reach the vodka...help......please...?!?!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
dude, the biggest regular fire meet in VIC is waiting to meet ya!!

here is the flyer

here is the thread.

here is a question mark?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
Thanx a lot for that peoples...although with Uni and work and what not it may be a bit hard to get down there...whats the atmosphere like? And how friendly/accepting are they of new people?

If life was a ball of fire...i would be the poi sustaining it

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
We're shallow, closed, withdrawn souls who have a tendancy to launch sarcastic remarks at anyone who queries us, unless you bring fire stuff! Nah, bring some stuff, ask some questions and you'll immediately be welcomed. Unlike the smartass, plastic wearing, brand dominated, grammar deficiant plebs who wanted me to fit my wick in my mouth. If you're like that, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to hurt you. I'll show them where they can put their wicks....

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
I gotta get to one of these meetups soon.... this living in the country bit has many disadvantages. Like doing things in Melbourne during the week.... Ahh well. holidays soon. Then i will come to meet you people - you sound fun

So much fire, so little body hair...

Georgiamember
1 post

Posted:
Hmm wish I were back in Melbourne...

Do you guys know of anything similar happening in Brisbane? Would love to meet up with fellow twirlers and learn some new tricks!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hate Georgia mate, the gatherings section is a good source of plugs for brisbane events and also of vitamin B12.
I'm not entirely sure what B12 is.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always