dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Well here I am a week before I buy my new double staves dunno what to do! Its intense...

The only thing I am unsure of is when I will light them up. I need to be totally prepared as I am quite paranoid at the moment although I can dance with them.

I hope to light them up by the time I go to Sheffield so watch out the pixies comming and shes got three staves now.

Love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Doubles are lover-ly!!! Made some on the weekend, thanks to the aid of some nice peeps.

They are really fun, although I have to work on some transitions, & I am not up for lighting them just yet.

dancey-dancy-doubles for a pixie-girl...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately I never got the time to concentrate on my doubles. Summer was too short, and there was too much single staff and poi stuff to work on

So, my beautiful doubles shall be passed on to some deserving pixie with the knowledge they shall be spun as they should be

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Doubles are !!
Made myself a pair a couple of weeks ago. I've had very little time to play recently (shitty weather , only about an hour of light left after work ), but every time I've gone out to play, my doubles have lept straight into my hands!
Totally agree with Dom, summer was waaay too short, but don't give up on the doubles! Bit confusing at first, but if you've got the basics with single staff, everything seems to come quite quickly.

J

[ 25 October 2002, 23:10: Message edited by: Jephyre ]

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I must point out that doubles are rather a different discipline in themsleves although you do most staff moves and some poi moves with them...

So exited!
Dun worry Dom they are in safe hands and after I buy them you can have a go anytime you like cause I like you just that much hun!

Much love and keep spinning them doubles people,
Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I did say "if you've got the basics with single staff..."
Or do you feel the basic spins are different between single and double staff?

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Hey, congrats drome

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
will you be in sheffield next weekend? doubles are my most loved things so will help(if you want that is...) and you may need a hook to get me away from the doyenne of contact staff mr glass.....

brain replacement...anyone?

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
3 staves?

triple congrats drome flitting-by!

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
NIce one! Lit my new doubles for the first time a week ago - so much fun. Yeah, watch when you light them for the first time - there's a lot of fire rushing towards your hands if you keep still for too long! good luck.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Well Jephyre I find that the basics are the same but once you begin to treat things as objects (as lovely Glass keeps reminding me; FANKS LUV! ) I find that most of the things I personally do with the doubles arent related to the staff I learned... Directly that is... I tend to use quite a lot of Poi based moves bacause they come quite naturally to me...

Mineiro unfortunately the money situation has gone down suddenly unexpectedly and I will be coming down (cross your fingers) within two weeks, dont know if you will be down there but if you are we should meet up and have a twirl.

I am humble pupil I am!

Much love,
Drome

Dom when can we make the given exchange?!?!?!?!

JUGGLEwithyourmind!