Page:
Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
So can this be done with staffs as well?

I've seen it done with poi enough times and I don't see why not but I've never heard of anyone doing it before and nothing came up when I searched for it in the staff section.

Anyone done it? I'm sure it'd look sick!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

fireletmember
2 posts

Posted:
I've seen wire wool done on a long staff and it looks excellent if you get the speed up.... been meaning to have a go myself and then try it with doubles ;p
it's maybe not as breathtaking as with poi but the prinicpal is the same - just a little easier to get showered with sparks I think

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
So have we got any piccies yet struggz?

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Back now from South America, wicked to hear that you've got the doubles going Strugz, I'm pretty green eyed I can tell you, looking forward to seeing some piccies!

Have been spinning in some sweet locations, having a great time, I'm back at uni in Plymouth now so strugz, mark p and any other spinners in the area, we should all hook up sometime soon, my friends are putting on a night at 'the mansion' in Plymouth which normally attracts loads of fellow spinners so it might be a good time to meet up. I'll post some info up soon, won't be on the site as much as b4 but I'll try to pop on once a day.

Hope alls well in everyone's life, have a good one.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Hi Pyro,

Welcome back - Is there any chance that you can make it to london on the 5th of October (saturday)? there is goignt o be a big Clapham meet and I am intending on going down to meet London types.

Unfortunately it is my last free weekend for a while

Here are some wire wool piccies from the weekend to keep your taste buds moist (we didnt have any cages with us but we made a good substitute by wrapping some wire wool with some bailing wire

ENJOY

Mark P

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Welcome back Pyrophile! Glad to hear your jouney was safe n sound, Plymouth sounds good mate, let us know when!

Well Mark all i have left to say is........Pants!

The pix were terrible, i need a proper photographer!
R u going to clapham on the 5th? if so i will bring some more wire staffs and you can show me your camera! (if you dont mind that is)

Hope to see ya there

Take it eezy!

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Hey those wire wool piccies are absolutely sick!

Unfortunately I can't make the meet in Clapham I don't think, waiting for the student loan to come through, but we'll all have to sort something out soon, strugz I'll email you about the mansion party soon and I'll post up all the info in the events section for everyone to check it out soon, it's the 19th of October btw.

Peace

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Strugz, Me and woody are hopefully coming down

The camera is woodys and I am sure he will take some piccies

In the pictures above we forgot to take our cages so made some makeshift things by wrapping the wool in wire

Mark P

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Nice one Mark, would be good to meet up with ya,

Like the pix, wrapping wire like that works really well, the 'quick bodge together effect' one i use many times.

I will be driving up to the common so i will be filling my boot with, wire and fuel so we can all have sum fun!

I suppose food would be a good idea to! if ive got enough room that is!

Also hopefully have a vid camera for the occasion.

Strugz.

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
And.....If anyone's interested...........

One ickle Napalm Fairy will be coming along to join in the fun at Clapham too

Wahoooo! See you there all you loverly bouncing spinning peoples

xxx

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Runs up and gives Ros a nice big

Another person I have to give a big hug when I get there

Strugz nice one mate we should arrive with a lot of fuel an dhopefully a lot of wire wool too

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
everyone uses wire wool?? why not try hot coals in cages... much easier and does work with a staff...

makes lots of fairy dust type flames that look shit hot when doing helicopter moves

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
yeh ive seen a certain "yoga nurse" doing those from a wicked and wild troup based in newcastle even saw the pickies
- some amazing blue fairy trails
- unfortunately avnt seen the 3 strange stooge individuals yet, as it wont open from the fyrenurses file (am i being cryptic enuf!!??)
u cud send direct 2 me 4 a laff
owp da fire ting gwan well up there
owp 2 rejoin da spin at sum point although the concrete of the city may not hold as mach joy as the circle of fire in pontifract
peace out and much joy 2 those met and as yet unmet

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

EndleSsfiremember
4 posts

Posted:
what competition are you talkin' about because I have a whole load of sick photos that I would love to stick in..... Oh sorry Hello I'm jay I'm really new to all this chat stuff I only registered half an hour ago.
by the way I love your idea about the wire wool staff thingy.

Jai

EndleSsfiremember
4 posts

Posted:
I really dont get this: I read a conversation and when I add reply it goes to a totally differant bit with the same subject but differant wordings

Jai

EndleSsfiremember
4 posts

Posted:
what the fucks goin on

Jai

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Hope it works out for you mate, have you posted up a descriptoin of yourself in the Intro's section? Good way to start out here.

tpmember
10 posts

Posted:
Ive bin doing fire staff for a few years now (as well as four ball contact juggling) and I got to do some wire wool poi at Glasto on the sunday nite. Awsome!! But Im not very good with poi and want to use my staff. I read most of the messages on here and im off to the shops tomorrow so i can have a burn tomorrow night. See y'all at the Big Green!!!

p.a mccormack

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
hey tp, same plan here although I think it will be a couple of weeks of experimentation till we get a burn as long as we do off poi. Plus I really don't like the idea of making up new toys every burn, pain in the arse but seems like its the only way to keep the weight down.

Didn't realise this had beentalked about at all with staff. Imagine how far the sparks would fly off a flat helicopter spin launched upwards

So has anyone actually got any video or pics of sparkley doubles? Any stories of success or failiure to help move things along?

Mark P, I think I met you very briefly at Glasto this year in the stone circle. I would have been the tall skinny guy, probably with blu glo doubles. All is hazy due to lack of sleep, cant even remeber who introduced us.

Liam

tpmember
10 posts

Posted:
Yo tempest!

Just did a simple around the back with staff n wire... Mate said it was awsome! wore a hoody for protection tho cos ma heads all bald....

You going Big Green? Ace festival for fire juggling mate.

See y'all there

p.a mccormack

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Big Green? any more details on that one?

and how come you did the burn and didnt get any pics man, shame on you

tpmember
10 posts

Posted:
yo tempest.
big green is next week! you can get tickets off their website mate.
no spinning for me at bgg
crashed ma bike quite badly last week n dislocated ma shoulder so i gotta take it easy.
did sum one- handed contact juggling at ashton court last weekend but pissed off that i smashed myself up at festy time (again!)

p.a mccormack

WintermuteLost in the world but loving it :)
119 posts

Posted:
Thats too harsh dude, but you can get really good at one-handed tricks

Anywasy come and find me at the Hemp Cafe and FishesandWishes yah, see you all there.

If fishes were wishes we'd all cast nets

tpmember
10 posts

Posted:
Cheers for the support mate

I'll try n find you at the hemp cafe at big green,
such a nice festy to meet people n juggle at! im still gonna bring ma staff with me, otherwise i'll just sit there with a glum face on me
hope the weather stays off. we should all hold hands n wish really hard...

p.a mccormack

matthew adamsSILVER Member
8 posts

Posted:
well yer you should be able be when you do it you will hav to go realy FAST or it wont work weavesmiley juggle

Page: