[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo, got a new one today, thought about summing up the other threads but Im not up for the job the now.

instead theres this. Y'know when you have both staffs doing backwards figure eights mirrored (both on the samme side of the body, front and back) and you throw them up and cross each other and catch in forward figure eights?

well its a little like that but with the staffs going alternate sides of the body (left in fron, right behind and swap) for example the right and throws for 1 turn and the left hand trows a turn later and imeadatly catches the right hands staff, whilst the right hand catches the left a beat later and your into alternate forwards, but like juggling pattern.

Also, I just heard from robb that to spit the doubles sideways you hold them off center to each other, he says about a foot off for 5 foot staffs. Thanks rob, tried it today and she works a beute.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
meeeep

brain replacement...anyone?

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
mwwwaaahahahahah single throw i know but couldn't keep it to myself any longer

both in forwards 8's to left and right, throw one veryveryveryvery high, gives you time to do pinwheel and a half(three hand changes) before catching)

soon to be four

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah man, I been wondering what to do with my high throws, nice idea, pirroetting with the other before catching would be nice too.

Humm,

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
yep, got one for that but hard to ecplain.... sorry, brainmush akk i can produce for the rest of today.......

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Nix.

Any of your fast fancy moves with single staff are great for doing during a single high throw with doubles.

A nice double one I like to do which doesn't neccesarily need a high throw, is to throw from my right hand, under my right leg. Keeping my hand poking under the right leg, I then pass the staff I have in my left hand into the right and catch the thrown staff in the now empty left hand.

Even non-firies like that one...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
very nice, inferno, the juggler in me is thinking SWEEET! but then again, he always want chocolate icecream.
i like to do a horizontal throw combo - helicopter throw as the other hand passes a high palm to the free hand...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always