Page:
Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
OK, I'll start a little competition of my own. There is a pot of jam in it for the lucky winner.There are 4 well known sports, each with an odd exclusion rule:In one, you can't wear all whiteIn another, you can't be baldIn a third, you can't be left handedIn a fourth, you can't have a beard.What are the four sports?

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
It takes place in a field, but it is not a field sport...

Draco Dominusmember
14 posts

Posted:
Horse Racing i think. Not sure.1:table tennis2:Sumo3:Polo4:Horse racing.

Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Ohh.. Good call dude...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

trance guymember
11 posts

Posted:
Did someone already say Jockeying? Is that a sport? Is that a word? I guess a helmet would fit all screwy if you had a beard.

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
I just found this thread, but my guess is:Chariot (sp?) racing.All those mentions of tradition had to be clues, right? And someone already mentioned how much those Greco-Romans dug the smooth skin.If I win the jam, I'll give it to you, cass. grin

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well if it is horse riding then i have to objectyou said it was for historical reasonsbeing a jockey automatically disqualifies you from having a beard. Youre brain is trying so had to make you taller that it ahs no time to worry about growing hair on your face, thats to complex.....i guess for me its just coz my brain is lazy. smilei think that as i asked all the pertinent questions that i should get the second place prize.....the apricot jam grinCheers

Good on usGood on us all

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
Yes! Draco, you got it, with minutes to spare! The jam is yours. grinYou can't have a beard in horse racing because it is the 'sport of kings' and only the king is allowed to have a beard.I will be awarding runner up prizes to Auspoiboy for asking lots of cheeky questions, and to Cassandra because you've got to help a girl with a habit.Email me your addresses and your choice of jam flavour, and your prizes will be winging their way across the globe. Or if you want you can leave the choice up to me and I will send the most exciting flavour I can find... smile

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Yay, we love you PrincessMy email for anyone who wants to write, be they the the brainteaseiest of them all (princess) or even just nutters from NZ smileis..... spoondoctor@start.com.auPrincess i don't know your email address so you can either email it to me (if you want to do the super spy thing) or just post it i spose.*puts on his most regal voice* I have to commend you on a most splendid challenge my dear, it certainly was a fight all the to the end by jove.When danger reard its ugly head brave sir robin turned and fled, brave, brave, brave, brave sir robin.Cheers

Good on usGood on us all

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
WAIT! I've GOT it!A BEARD growing competition! Men really do this! You have to start with no beard and...hey, where did everybody go?

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

Fire Princessmember
130 posts

Posted:
APB, check my profile wink(click on the little head and question mark, in the bar above)congratulations again,Princess xx

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
smileRASPBERRY, RASBERRY ,RASPBERRY, RASBERRY,RASPBERRY, RASBERRY,RASPBERRY, RASBERRY,RASPBERRY, RASBERRY,RASPBERRY, RASBERRY,RASPBERRY, RASBERRY,RASPBERRY, RASBERRY,RASPBERRY, RASBERRY.......REDRUM , REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM , REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM , REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM , REDRUM, REDRUM, (which movie ? wink )You rock, Princess smileShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Draco Dominusmember
14 posts

Posted:
grin smile 8) tongueYAY!!!!!!!! grin smile 8) tongue------------------Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

Respect the flames, for from them emerges heat, and light, let this Light guide you, and this heat warm your heart, from fire comes Life.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Cass - that was The Shining wasn't it??All work and no poi makes Bendy a dull boy

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

4,224 posts

Posted:
Exactly Bendy !cool movie isn't it ?shine onCassandra

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
...Not as cool as the book though.(Actually, I never read the book but it always makes you look smarter if you say that.)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

4,224 posts

Posted:
LOL smileDid you see the theater play ?I saw it in London back then, it was splendid...(don't think there ever was a theater play, but people who went to see things in london in a theater, a long time ago always look cool and smart !)Shine onCass

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Hey i thought this thread was over.i guess not. As it seems to have wandered of track a bit.....NYC im contemplating going to Burning man next year. What advice do you have, and where is a good place to stay either side of the festival. Cheers APB

Good on usGood on us all

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Burning Man Virgin here. First week of school for us. frown

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
oh wellthanx anyway mate