Page:
Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
Hello. I am setting up this thread for those who independently seek assistance with anything that has to do with baton. I will be on tour across Western Canada with my staff until mid Sept./early Oct., then hopefully I will be touring Eastern Canada after that for as long as I can until it gets way to cold. My internet access during this time is limited (wish I had a lap top), all depending on how many local internet cafes are around. But I will make the effort to periodically check in here.

So, if anyone has any questions or requires assistance with BATON or the moves of, you can ask here and I will do my best to help.

quote:
"...but to carve and shape the very atmosphere through which we look and see, that is the finest of the arts."

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
thanks tanessa... been playing out of my skin since coming accross baton moves, but there will always be more to learn so you may find i get in touch soonish....

one instant question.
i have managed the catch between the legs from a roundhouse kick(mea lua sem mao....?) but only maybe 5 times from 20. is there a smoothness tip you can give?
ta
Rob

brain replacement...anyone?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Okie, I take you up on this offer.

I've never seen baton twirling, but I've met a few twirlers.

My stick ant I have been playing for 3 years and now I've recently become a beginner again. I am a very slow learner, as most of the tricks I've leart in the last 2 years have taken me 6 months to a year to get.

Please tell me a couple of moves with a stick, contact preferably. to keep me entertained for the next 6 months or so.

also there is a little move, which I will try to describe and post tomorrow.

thanks

Glass

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
Mineiro, timing equals smoothness, perhaps suspension in the air? Also, how big is your favorite staff you practice with? Since you've already managed to perform the stunt, know how it works, you should now practice just tosses. First of all, are you practicing the proper release? For instance, pretend one end of the staff has a blue glow stick (on the left), and the other has a red (on the right). Same concept as the baton having a big end and a small end. Everytime you release and throw the staff up in front of you (up no higher than the head for this practice), the staff should make a complete rotation and you catching it the same way you before you threw it up in the air, with the blue on one end (the left) and the red on the other end (the right). The term, "putting spin on it" is in the release. In the release and toss, the staff should make two complete rotations. Here's the release part now: stand with staff in a fist (palm down) out in front of you (relaxed arm) remember, blue on the left and red on the right. Now flip the hand over so palm is up completing half a rotation, then letting the staff make another half rotation feeling like it's stuck from your between your thumb and hand (may feel awkward at first) making it look like blue on left, red on right. Now when it gets stuck there, that is when you toss. The action off the thumb propells it up to spin (also depending on your own momento). So, "putting spin on it", is how hard you release it off your thumb, out of your hand while putting spin on it. So, the one complete action of releasing and tossing the staff should complete two whole rotations. Once you've got this toss down, you'll fall easy into timing, knowing when your staff will begin to drop.

*** when you throw the staff up, keep your eye on it, spotting is so important for you to know where to catch***if you have great spotting abilities, you should be able to catch blind***

So, Mineiro, assuming you know a proper throw now, if you hadn't learnt already, you should now try to put more spin on it. Make it rotate twice in the air before catching it. This will propel faster spins, suspending it in the air longer, therefore giving you more time to finish the roundhouse kick and be ready to catch it between your legs. Five out of 20 times is good for someone learning, you're doing great! Are you tossing it up high to give yourself room to do your kick before it comes down? If you are flexible enough, you can also keep your toss low (like the practice ones above) and kick over it before your catch. Is your roundhouse kick in or out, or are you practicing both ways (myself I find an inward kick then turn to catch backwards between my legs in easier than the opposite way, outward). Plus, another really cool move you can do when your tosses are really good (this one requiring a higher toss) is: toss up the staff (with lots of spin) do an inward roundhouse kick, when your foot comes down from the kick go immediately into an inward illusion, then catching the staff. The whole move looks very masculine (kung fuish). Plus, are you flexible? If you are, that is a big help.

Illusion??? I will explain in another section.

Hope this has helped a bit, and remember, pratice makes perfect.
quote:
"...but to carve and shape the very atmosphere through which we look and see, that is the finest of the arts."

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
O.K. Glass.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by contact, because someway you are always in contact with your staff, unless it's up in the air.
Moves and learning all over again? Good things to start with again are: hand twirls into turning and passing behind the back, and fingertwirls (into a figure eight to the side for momento to repeat), reverse figure eights to other side as well with the fingertwirls.
***once you get fingertwirls down, you can have lots of fun in different directions without having to add in the figure eights or other moves for momento***
I'll wait for you to describe something more specific I can help with.

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
ta muchly, very helpful... been practising the thumb throw for a week or so, but still prefer just open hand... think it will be good when can choose either.

think there was a little confusion tho. I have been practising the catch during the kick, not finishing then catching. but the tips are good for both. more questions but busy at work... so later i guess.

Rob
ps. either extra wicked 1m5ocm staff or 125(depending on bruising from previous days.. )

*jumps up and down waiting for an illusion*

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
OK, I think I didn't explain myself,

Contact staff - the name comes from contact juggling which is a form of juggling+dance+illusion which involves juggling without throwing, usually using only one ball, a ball which is usually completely see through.

Contact staff - Definition. Staff play when the staff is in contact with the body, but not the hands.
Its pretty much most of what I play with stick. And judging from the board, dudes like nix? and pozee too.
Mostly rolls wraps and spins on or around parts of the body.

For example, here a classic old skool contact move, that I've been working on some variations of.
Does it have a name:

spinning acw in juggling wall plan (thats vertically in front of you), release stick from right armpit (either hand) withright arm completely bent elbow pointing forwards.
Stick does half turn onto top of right arm (on top of forarm and bicep,
then push forward with right hand (palm down) so it smoothly does another half turn onth the back of the right hand (palm down).

put the left hand next to right to get another half turn as a back to back transfer, then keep the staff flowing back up the left arm. With half turn onto top of forarm and bicep
And then half a turn out to a catch in the arm pit. either hand.

Now its variations on the catch where I have 2 problems:

1) instead of catching, I'm doing , roll it over the left shoulder whist turning body 180CW to do a half trun over left, then no hands, transfer on the back of the neck,
to come back out over the right shoulder with another 180 body turn cw with another half turn, and back into the begining of the move,
its continuous no hands move thing.

My problem which is about cleanliness which is why I'm asking a baton twirler.
I can do it fairly solid (80% of time), but I can't get the stick vertical when its on the back of my neck, its leaning forward 15 degrees (ugh),
and related: as it goes across the back, I'm only pushing the stick around enough to get 270 degree body turn, so I'm plane breaking (ugh)

2) problem two, alternative to catch roll stick over left bicep/shoulder, instead of catching, push left arm right back, still bent, so that elbow points directly behind.
Do same over arm over back of hand move behind, then roll ever into laeft had to catch.
The problem is the transition over the shoulder from infron the behind. Just cant get back onto my left arm behind after going over the shoulder.

Do you need more examples?
ooh, illusion sonds interesting, whats that

I Would appreciate some input
thanks
Glass

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
O.K. Glass, thx for the contact explanation. There are lots of moves you can do without having the staff always in your hand. For instance, elbow rolls. I am trying my best to understand your explanation of your move and to me it sounds like forms of elbow rolls off the arm and behind the head (on the neck ) you are doing. I can't name your exact move but it is under this same category.
Sounds like your doing simple elbow rolls off the arm and instead of catching, just transfering into the opposite arm. Then also the behind the neck spin (or at least transfer across). This is an actual move, but it will never spin completely vertical or horizontal if done correct, it will be stuck halfway between both (mimicking a real butterfly look).

Elbow arm rolls: (vertical spins)
Stand similar to a soldier saluting, but instead of touching your forehead, stand with the salute touching the middle of your chest. Your arm should be horizontal, so if you placed your staff on top of your now "elbow arm", the staff should just sit there horizontally. To pass it there for this practice do this. With staff in right hand, and left elbow arm up in position, the staff moves down under the elbow arm and then up over the back of the elbow arm, placing it on top (just sitting there). Now you're probably thinking, "hey, my hand can reach up and over the stick here (or at least my pinky finger can)". Now, do that, put your hand up on it trying to grab it (still keeping elbow arm). Got it? Good, now roll the staff (one complete rotation for this) over the back of the hand and into the palm of your hand facing fist down. This complete move is an elbow arm roll. Once you get this going smooth, you won't need to grab and press down on the staff with your hand to make it roll down your arm, it just will. Then instead of catching it in your hand you can just let it roll (transfer) to the other hand, arm going into what ever move.

Plain elbow rolls: keeping elbow arm(s) intact(the funny looking salute)
Single: same as above, but istead of letting it roll down your arm and into your hand, you are just going to catch it rolling off the elbow arm. It's not hard. So, left elbow arm up, using the right hand to pass the staff down, up and over onto the elbow arm then when it rolls off, catch it with your right hand.
Doubles: istead of catching it with your right hand, make an elbow arm with the right arm, so instead of catching it, it will roll onto the right elbow arm, completing two elbow rolls, forcing you to catch it with the left hand. Once you get the hang of elbow, elbow catch. Then, you can keep it continuously going from elbow, to elbow, elbow to elbow, elbow to elbow.
There is also a cool trick you can do (a cheater move) that is another elbow roll, but I seriously think I'll have to kame up a video, or else take digi.pics to explain better.

The back of the neck move? Neck spins. That is a very advanced baton move. I will explain it in another section soon. I have to go and walk my dog (she's begging me).
quote:
Please make sure when you practice moves that you do ii both left and right, and back and forth (or forward reverse), being amidextrous helps.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Master tanessa,

And excellent and clear description of elbow wraps. yes they're all elbow rolls and varients, at least now I have a name for elbow rolls. Not wishing to Suggest that the master has erred, but I think you may have underestimated the question, and its asker. Or maybe I have posed question badly.

The contiuous L elbow R elbow L elbow R elbow with no hands I agree is a lovely move.

I was not asking how to do "elbow rolls" I have them for many years. I was enquiring about specific variations. But thankyou for trying anyway. I guess I'll just have to ask my stick.

I think you missed the line that says "im doing", as in I have the continuous elbow wraps to back of neck move nearly solid, but what I wanted advice on was, I'm not happy with the shape, plane breaking from vertical. its not the glass way.

Interesting to hear that as baton twirler you break plane from vertical to make a vertical contact behind neck spin. The staffer who showed me the whole move did it smoothly and vertical. or at least very close to vertical. Maybe not, Maybe my memory is wrong. I'll go back to him one day to find out.

In your language, problem number 2 is left elbow roll varient starting with the stick in the left hand extended in front. ans a continuous movement, do left arm roll, over shoulder to behind the back left arm roll. I'm having trouble with the shoulder transfer from front to BTB. Done cleanly the wicks should make a really beautiful double helix for this one front to back. the centre of the stick follows a straight (ish) line any suggestions?

and what are these illusions?

Glass

The are no straight lines in staff

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
right, caught up.

Hello terresa, I think I know what you mean by elbow rolls (maybe not), but I dont get this pinky thing.

Glass, I been having a go ov your move, very nice even if my wrist was somewhat strained, just to re-descibe:

right hand staff goes under the arm and relaese onto shoulder vertical.

staff goes from right shoulder to foream/backhand to left forarm to left shoulder to right shoulder by turning to your right and catch under the arm. yeah?

should be possible to do totally vertical bu a little practicew kneeded, does tend to lean in a little.

for catcin under left arm you could try reversing the turn of your body for 180. the saff should stay onna same side and reverse, might be an idea to wear a helmet. Im thinking of buying a lightweight boxing number!

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
O.K. Glass. Now that I understand better what you're looking for, I'll try to explain. The whole previous thread to you about elbow rolls was also a general one to open public to learn.

It's great that you know how to do elbow rolls (also down the arm), single, and continuous double ones. Since you can do this, do you incorporate your great elbow work into tosses as well? Like for example doing 4-6 continuous elbow rolls into a toss (letting the toss result in you doing whatever trick before catching ie. spins, and different catching positions ie. blind, behind back, between legs, etc.) That sould also feed the need for more contact throws.

So, I think the one you are looking for is the back of the neck spin (which can be transfered ther from an elbow roll, which to me sounds like that's the way you're doing it, or also starting from just pinching it between the neck and the shoulder).
This one particular move, no matter how you flow into it, does not have a perfect vertical or horizontal angle as I have tried to already explain. Due to it sitting on the back of you neck, it will never reach the perfect angles of either, they will always be stuck in the planes between. Also, any contact move with the back of the neck, other than rolling it off, is going to feel odd.

The move you were looking for answers for, I did not put in previous threads. I wanted to do a bit of back-up into the move, by starting with elbow rolls. So, here you go.

Neck Spin (roll, or whatever you want to call it):
Start with the staff pinched between you neck and shoulder (blue end in front of you, red end you can't see because it's behind you). O.K. now, we are really going to begin to feel awkward. You are going to roll the blue end from that side, to the other side of the neck, pinching it with the shoulder, blue end in front. The blue end will always be in front on this move (until you spin which is a very advanced part of this). So, basically, you are shifting the staff from one side of the neck to the other (pinching it to stay with the shoulder). The blue end should look like it's just lifting up and over the back of your head to the other side. SO, practice shift pinch, shift pinch, shift pinch, shift pinch (back and forth to each side of the neck).

Then once this move is smooth and mastered, you can put the spin in. This is where you may feel like you are doing a bit of a head bob, while looking down. Say you've got it pinched in between your left shoulder, and the left side of your neck. Now when you go to shift it over to the right, start spinning your body to the left. This push off (or roll/toss over to the right side should have enough momento to get it going for the soin to keep going). Basically, the move will be you spinning or continuosly turning your body the opposite direction the staff is spinning on the back of your neck. It should look like the middle of your staff is just spinning on the back of your neck), like as if someone placed a top (kids toy) on the back of your neck then started spinning it).
Glass, I know that this still may not be the move you were looking for, but if you have mastered all elbow rolls, and the neck roll/spin, then the move you are trying to make smooth will feel better, and you will understand that not all neck moves, especially contact ones, are perfectly vertical or horizontal. If you have already mastered these, then hopefully this info will help others trying to learn. My apologies for not being able to directly help out with your one move. Sometimes it is hard for me to read and understand a diff. lingo.

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
O.K. - here's a hint to the illusions. Have you ever started to do a cartwheel, get that first hand down, your one leg starts to go up in the air, and then all of a sudden you chicken out? Weel, that would be a pretty quick description of it. This one I don't want anyone to mess up, so I will get pics or video taken of it, so when I do explain it, the pics will be there to see whats going on also. Give me a few days to get this together for all of you. I will sent it in.
quote:

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
good stuff tanessa. real thorough explanations. i am crap at explaining staff stuff. i haave a question. would it be possible to do a variation of the fishtail with the neck?...

anyone got a light?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
in Capoiera, a stalled cartweel (au) is the 'au batido' but it's also got a leg grab innit too.
EDDIE GORDO wins! but my best guess from ya hint is that an illusion is a roundahouse kick where the body pivots 360 degrees along the sides (very cleanly in the vertical axis) on top of your stationary leg, while ya arms are raised and your other leg follows the movement of the torso, I can only do three of these in a row, and only once backwards. sorta like the illusion of a very basic cartwheel, but a leg remains fixed on the ground. In Southern school of Shaolin, this maneuvour is used to power up torque for a areil spin kicks! in the context of fire twirling, the flourish is to twirl the firetoy whilst performing cartwheels (hard staff/swords are fixed and will be easier to control - pois will have to be on the upswing as ya 'descend' into the acrobatic trick.) My hat will go off to the firetwirling capoerista who does any gainer in any direction with a fire toy - imagine the fire trails!! woooT! damn you all I'm so excited and i don't leave bloody work for hours!!!
i can still pee tho... YAY!

[ 24 July 2002, 14:58: Message edited by: Bender_the_Offender ]

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Yo,

Terressa, I still dont have any idea wht you are on about... if your not up with the terminology then have a look at Naming staff moves VI. (though I will admit its not much use for this more advanced stuff)

So, we have a staff in neckpinch at the right hand side, blue end forward. now we finish with the staff on left hand side, blue end forward. yeah?

Your post seems to say that you bounce the blue end over your head semi-vertically and the red end just sits behind you. is this what you mean? The only other ways I can think of is to let it spin horisontal on the back of your neck for a turn and let it come back blue end forward onna left. (full spin neckwrap)

The turning one again sounds like a pivot, but maybe thats just me.

fishtail onna neck!?! that would be nice, though I cannot for the life of me see how.

Bender, have one for me.

N

-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
aaaaah bender.....come visit hehehehe

6,978 posts

Posted:
arrrrrrrrgh so many nice, awesome people on HoP - so much to travel!! arrrrrgh!
*head explodes, leaving a bloody, pulpy mess at the desk*
do you guys not think that the 2004 HoP Gathering will be like this tiny compressed severals days of every HoPer saying "AHHH! so THAT's what you were describing!" we'll all just cross-pollinate ideas cus it will be so much easier in person - all that skill! A moving picture is worth a thousand nerds.
/body reassembles by melting together, the way that the T1000 does..

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
Reply for Nix;
yes, the red end just stays behind you,
quote:
Your post seems to say that you bounce the blue end over your head semi-vertically and the red end just sits behind you. is this what you mean?
this is exactly what I mean. It's tuff at first, managing to get it back and forth on both sides of the neck, especially with no help from your hands (or elbows or anything)! But once you get it going, and fairly smooth, try turning that into the neck spin.

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
O.K. Pozee, I'm glad to hear you like fishtales. To untrained eyes they easily pass as figure eight movements. I love fishtales, but am really restricted to using a shorter staff. I can't use more than a 4ftr because I'll clip and burn my, ah, yah, chest. The shorter the staff, the more you can do and faster. But on the back of the neck? I don't think so. Really, if you think about it, you can't do fishtales on the back of your neck, because if you do it side to side, your shoulders are in the way, and if you try front to back, well, your head would pose a problem. I don't know if you could even get it down enough to make the fishtale look real. Personally, I have never seen it done. I don't think it can be done. Care to prove me wrong though?

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
Bender the Offender, what a great way of describing the illusion. When I first trained to perform them, I was trained to do it both forwards and backwards (or inwards and outwards) on both legs. I could see how it is also used as a push off into ariel cartwheels. Fun stuff, also to do under your staff while it's spinning up in the air. I was never taught to race through the move, it is fast, but I'm not trying to catch ground to push off for any ariel like this. But, I sure am glad to hear you do them. I like your little bit of history behind as well.

I am finding out slowly that there are many talented staffers out there, but most I seem to find are very far away from my location. Guess I will have to come back out there really soon, hopefully by the end of this year. This time with a visa! to ensure a longer stay. Then we may all get a chance to play together eventually.
I am looking forward to it now.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay lady,
i had nto really thought of the mechanics of it before, but i believe it may work. not sure if it would be classified as a fishtail though, more of a contact wrap type thing, but i gueess that is what a fishtail is.

yeah it would work, if i wer to look straight down and put the staff on the right side of of my neck and then immediately turn my body to the left 180 degrees jsut like a fishtail it should work, then i t would drop down to your hand and you could fishtail it back to the other side. but come to think of it the neck thing i have kind of already done i just never know that it was the same basic concept as the fishtail.

anyways, my staff is about 5 and a half feet long, maybe a little longer. and relatively heavy. hey tanessa thanks for coming here. i have seen a DAMN good baton twirler at work and she is amazing. some of the stuff that she does is just mind boggling. so i look forward to picking your brain a bit more later on...

anyone got a light?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
comes in sees that theres too much to read on a hot day.
promises to come back later with a stick

baerie fenmember
76 posts

Posted:
should we have a whip round 2 bring tannesa 2 london as I'm kinda confused by all these words ! very knowledgable though ! top marks ! I'll just get glass 2 show me
me thinks glass is the male version of tanessa

Forever spiraling upwards towards unknown destiny.Where will it end ? Where did it start ?Why ask so many questions ?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
ok, big thread big reply

its gone all contact, acro and throwy

Nix, ?Don't know why your wrist is strained. what ya doing like

Tanessa, I amm convinced that back of neck is easier off vertical, but I'm not conviced that It can't be done vertical. Just because it seems like its impossible and would slide off has never stopped me trying before.

Pozee, I'm with you I never think that anything is impossible with a stick, I've met the laws of physics, and they're a bunch of wusses. I look forward to seeing you doing a solid neck fishtail with that big ol staff oneday.

Question of the day for the contact possee?
Fish heads (Reverse fish tails)
are they worth the effort to learn?
To me they seem like they dont have the elegance of fishy tails, and they'll never be as nice, so I'm not putting time into them, but if you can convice me that there is a lush or sick variation or move using them, or that they can look good, I'll play.
(reverse, as in time is reversed, ie if you filmed a fishtail and ran video backwards, thats the move)

My Feet still on the ground for the time being so you acro and capo kids can keep your arial work.

Broke my grip on my stick, so I'm just waiting to get a puncture on my bike.

yo ben no more talk of whips this is staff thread you cheaky boy you

glass

6,978 posts

Posted:
nyx?! it scares me how your contact stuph on COL3 confounds me alla time - ima usually good at imagining how to dissect a move!
tanessa, oh so that is what an illusion is? damn i was clutching at straws there, my next guess inolved ninja dust! thanks for the affirmation!
you guys are waaaaaaay too advanced contacty-wise for my fragile imagination to perciece. bring it! me eyes go crosseyed at the sight of contact twirlin'!

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
oooh ooohohohoho ooooooooh
tried this yesterday kind of by accidant and hurt myself slightly, but lots to play with....
doing 'necktails'( ) but only as a precursor for a wierd back of hand/small of back grab and wrap round chest, when my brain went into capoeira mode and i did a cartwheel with the staff wrapping wround my neck.... would have worked as well if it hadnt been for those pesky kids....*flips back to reality* would have worked if i had been using a 1m or less staff.

but on other batonny moves, i have been practising flatspin stuff that goes back of right hand, ro right shoulder, duck head out of the way, left shoulder, backoflefthand, left shoulder, back roll to back of roight hand.....

still feeling jealous of you nix if only i had entered *sob*

oooh but got the au sem mau(ariel catch) thing with 5ft staff.

and a nicely burned hand from practising it.
Love
R

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

Glass, its ok, bit of a twist to get the right contact angle, and a little bash onna wrist the first time but its smooth now. Ive been trying to get the staff to roll over my head from the back to front (moheacan stylee), dats quite fun.

Bender, its 'Nix?', I knew this nyx thing would cause trouble. If you like tha video you should come visit, we got more moves now...

Minero, You sick, sick boy. I been doing the same battony move (humm, 'battony') but without ducking my head and have it go round the back offa neck, want to get it both ways tho...

Teressa, ok, cool, I recon the middle point kneeds to be a little forward of the shoulder yeah? so the staff comes back dwn again and doesnt just fall off the back.?.

Bruises are good for you.

N

-><- Kallisti

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
it is soo great to see some really enthused contact staffers. i remember when josh first brought it up, and there was noone else that was doing contact stuff. but now look at us. we are kicking ass. i love this stuff.

okay hey nix, remember that double arm thing where it looks like you are grabbing your neck thing that i explained? i am pretty sure that you did it on the video. have you been able to turn a full 360 with it yet. well how about left arm, right arm,turn, front of neck while bending head back,then left arm right arm again...

so many different infinite variatios here i know. it is just like poiwraps,you can just keep going and going if you know where to put it...

anyone got a light?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

pozzee (humm) unless Im much mistaken that was a 360, but Ill have to look into this over the head thing, maybe easier for me to go over the back offa neck (I tried Minero's chest rolls but Im really not flexible enough). Wernt you on COL3? Im shure I saw your tag but there were no staffs involved.

I remember when josh brought it up and I went, 'whats the hell is that!' and got strait onnit. Thank you Josh.

Love

N

-><- Kallisti

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah i was on there doing some duo stuff, double butterfly thread the needle, and 2 people doing a weave and turning and thread the needles all with one set of poi.

i did not get a chance to send in any staff work. anyways,the 360 thing. i am going to have to check again, i did not look very close. so what your saying is that you went from left,to right, turn 360 catching on left again and then right again, obviously an infinite as long as you can keep momentum.

well, maybe we should exchange tapes so we can kind of have a practice session together. let me know what you think...

anyone got a light?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

errm, I go left to right across the back and back to left, onto right again would nearly be 540 (its weird because between elbows is less than 180 and a little more than 90, I think. tits totally possable to do infinatly once you get your pirroette timing right (its not quite in my case). Glass's (ss's, hahaha) recent pivoting contact post is really simalar but the arms are not folded and the pirroette is even more broken up into about 90 degree segments.

Id love to swap some tapes but I suspect you wont have anything to play a PAL digi tape, I know I cant play the american ones. Still, we could maybe find a workaround, come visit!

What we really kneed is a frindly webmaster with spare bandwith we can use for some 'advanced lessons'

have fun,

N

[ 01 August 2002, 10:20: Message edited by: Nix? ]

-><- Kallisti

Page: