Forums > Social Chat > I challange you harder

Login/Join to Participate

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
Ok you guys, that last one was kind of easy. These are going to be alot harder for the same prize. Ok here we go. Oh and malcom my offer still stands.(If you answer them I'll let you send me a cool glowy staff, If you can't I'll still let you send me a cool glowy staff. grinNASA was considering sending canaries into space to study them under microgravity. The project was scrapped when someone realized that in spite of having sufficient water supply, they would die within a fiew hours.Why?What runs fore to aft on one side of a ship, and aft to fore on the other side? (Besides a drunken sailor.)Tha Jedimastah built a robot that was programmed to build Poi. During testing, the robot assembled hundreds of Poi without any errors. The day arrived when the robot was to give a demonstration to Malcom, before selling them to the public. As Murphy's Law would have it everything went wrong. The Poi parts were put in a box and sealedand brought to the demonstration. The box with all of the Poi peices was given the robot, But it was unable to assemble any Poi. What went wrong?Four men sat down to play,They played all night 'till break of day.They played for gold and not for funWith seperate scores for every one.When they came to square accounts,They all had made quite fair amounts.Can you the paradox explainIf no one lost, how could all gain?Suppose you have an open topped box that is 5cm. by 5cm. by 5cm.(capacity being 125 cubic cm) Inside the box there is a steel ball-bearing that is 25 cubic cm. in size. How many cubic cm. of mercury would you have to pour in the box to completely submerge the ball bearing?Tha Jedimastah has the uncanny ability to walk accross a desert without taking any water with him And without finding any oasis'. How can he do this without dehydrating?Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989 American dollar bills?Therein, in the english language is a word that has ten words within it without unscrambling the letters. What is the word?I can't think of any more right now but these should keep you busy for a while.He He He. wink

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
The ships namethe four men were musiciansthe robot wasn't programmed to open a boxHe walked accross the desert at night.1990 dollars are worth more then 1989 dollars but only by a dollar. (ex: $1990.00 > $1989.00) I can't think of any more answersEric[This message has been edited by Myst (edited 05 October 2001).]

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
I CHALLENGE YOU BACK!!!What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? grin grin grin grin

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

GoaFiremember
71 posts

Posted:
No food or air..(more importantly)The name of the shipThe robot wasnt programmed to open boxes...(didnt know how bless its lil cotton socks)Each man was a musician100 cm3By walking across the desert at nightBecause u have 1 more dollar bill in 1990(one thousand nine hundred and ninety)Therein

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
1-the water would float away2-the name3-it wasnt programmed to open the box4-musicians5-100cm cubed6-must be at night7-$1990 is more then $19898-the word is "therein"9-what do u mean an african or european swallow?10-my head hurts

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
1-the water would float away2-the name3-it wasnt programmed to open the box4-musicians5-lemme break this one down...since i think im mathematically inclined smileok first volume of a spherev=(4/3)(pi)r^325=(4/3)(pi)r^318.75=(pi)r^35.971=r^31.8142=rd=3.62843.6284x5x5=90.71soo... 90.71 cubic cm mercuryhowever...since steel is not as dense as mercury...i think itll float and u cant submerge it at all smile...its great to be the wuggaroo6-must be at night7-$1990 is more then $19898-therein

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
oh btw... i wanna give credit to gabberraver...most of the answers i couldnt figure out..but he shed sum light on the subject...

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
1-the water would float away2-the name3-it wasnt programmed to open the box4-musicians5-lemme break this one down...since i think im mathematically inclined ok first volume of a spherev=(4/3)(pi)r^325=(4/3)(pi)r^318.75=(pi)r^35.971=r^31.8142=rd=3.62843.6284x5x5=90.71soo... 90.71 cubic cm mercuryhowever...since steel is not as dense as mercury...i think itll float and u cant submerge it at all ...its great to be the wuggaroo6-not all deserts r hot and dry..sum are cold as heck and have ice or snow...so he just melts it..and the jediumastah has instant water...just add heat smile... so yeah..let this post count...7-$1990 is more then $19898-therein

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Superman: an african swallow, or a european swallow *grin*------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Belgarathmember
51 posts

Posted:
Ok lets give this one a go1. Birds have no swallow reflex they need gravity to get food/water into there stomachs2.The name of the ship3.it wasnt programmed to open the box4.Each man was a musician5.The ball bearing will float(see https://physics1.usc.edu/demolab/f/f5/f5_7.html)6.des·ert
1 [dézzrt ] (plural des·erts) noun 1. arid area: an area of land, USUALLY in very hot climates, that consists only of sand, gravel, or rock with little or no vegetation, no permanent bodies of water, and erratic rainfall2. deprived place: a place or situation that is devoid of some desirable thing, or overwhelmed by an undesirable thing a cultural desert 3. lifeless place: a place devoid of life4. barren land: a wild, bleak, and uncultivated place (archaic) A desert may have water (FROZEN) and as jedimastah always carys his fire toys he has ample means to melt the Ice.7.one more dollar bill $1990-$1989=$18. Therein 1.The 2.There 3.He 4.Her 5.Here 6.I 7.In 8.rein 9.Herein 10.Therein(thank god for the dictionary)[This message has been edited by Belgarath (edited 05 October 2001).]

The Sand...The Surf... The Flame.

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
Damn it I thought these were harder.Balgarath you won! Send me an email with your adress and I'll send you the Poi as soon as possible.

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
i was soooo close....grrrrrrrrr

Belgarathmember
51 posts

Posted:
Trust me it was hard, its just that i am a library of useless trivia.I have no idea where i picked up that bird fact.------------------The Sand...The Surf... The Flame.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Off topic here :But Belgarath, i cried when i finished the series!!! sad but true....------------------ - Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -https://wickeffect.cjb.net

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

Belgarathmember
51 posts

Posted:
Great books hey Frenzie!To all those who have no idea what where talking about, My namesake Belgarath is a character from a series of books.Keep those quizes coming jedimastah there the only thing to excercise my brain while i am at work!------------------The Sand...The Surf... The Flame.