Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Staff length, can we sort this please??

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
First, I apologise if this thread could go on another one, I did do a search but nothing seemed all that suitable. However, feel free to moderate to ur hearts content...

annyways,

staff length, it is a matter of preference yes, but has anyone noticed any particular moves that cannot be done with certain lengths??

i have single staff which is 145cm (i'm only 155cm tall!) doubles which are a metre each and am currently making my six footer ("foot long... who ordered the foot long???" mehehehe!)

so far, i can do pretty much all my moves on each staff. I only have trouble with waist high helicopters into turtle spins. I twat myself quite reguarly while doing that...

any contributions??

ta

vic xx

p.s. EN-GERRRRRRRRR-LAAAAAAAND EN-GERRRRRRRRR-LAAAAAAAND EN-GERRRRRRRRR-LAAAAAAAND EN-GERRRRRRRRR-LAAAAAAAND EN-GERRRRRRRRR-LAAAAAAAND EN-GERRRRRRRRR-LAAAAAAAND EN-GERRRRRRRRR-LAAAAAAAND, OUT WITH THE ARGY BARGYS!!

Ahem, 7.30am kickoffs tend to send me loopy

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

Deep Throatmember
3 posts

Posted:
The ideal length of staff should be based on the distance between your hand and your head, double this measurement to reduce bruising.

And so ends another exciting chapter.

Page: