Forums > Social Chat > Where do USA peeps get lamp fuel?

Login/Join to Participate

Keltmember
34 posts

Posted:
I'm in Ohio - and now that it's October, lamp fuel is becoming more and more scarce. Hell, even camp fuel is becoming had to find?Where do you all go to get lamp fuel? For point of reference, we've got standard grocery stores, Meijer, KMart, etc...------------------Let me stand next to yourFire, fire on the mountain...

Let me stand next to yourFire, fire on the mountain...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
::looks at kelt with envy::wasn't it enough to win the JEDIMASTA contest ? do you also expect people to answer to your questions ??? winkall right, that was no sense ! i have no idea where you can find lamp fuel in the USA... i know a few cheap places here, but the plane ticket to Paris may cost you a fortune winkshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Walmart/Target type places will probably keep citronella oil all year. They'll also stock Coleman fuel. I've also seen citronella oil at Home Depot. There's a local chain of hunting/fishing/camping stores that stocks lamp oil also.I get my lamp oil at a really good neighborhood hardware store. If you've got a neighborhood-store type of business, they might be willing to stock what you ask for.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Keltmember
34 posts

Posted:
cassandra - Yeah, I think that no matter how cheap the fuel is, I'd have to buy a LOT before it would offset the cose of a plane ticket.. smileadamrice - Thanks! I'll have to give that a shot. I completely forgot about WalMart...------------------Let me stand next to yourFire, fire on the mountain...

Let me stand next to yourFire, fire on the mountain...

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
You can get Ultra pure lamp oil at any Pat Catan's craft center, or Micheal's craft stores, they usually have it a good price too. If you don't have any of those stores around I can ask my friends from the Dayton area where the next most likely places would be.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Kmart has coleman fuel with the camping supplies (read the whitegas post in the tech section) and lamp oil (next to the lamps). During the summer they carry torch fuel but alas that is seasonal.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
oil candles seem the same as torches just deffinately less flame or is it smaller wick? any how i have seen candle oil at gift shops or boutiques that sell candles even candle factories pharmacies....

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

MoyMoySILVER Member
SERIOUSLY?!!!
21 posts

Posted:
Hello fellow Ohioan! Yeah check out the camping sections at Kmart or Walmart. If you wanna play an arm and a leg, seek out Cabela's, haha.

I'd say stock up when the camping season starts to come to an end.

(insert some sort of profound or mindless statement...here)
:-p

I has FB...just look up Brandee Floor

David_Thomas1SILVER Member
journeyman
88 posts

Posted:
Yea just good ol charcoal lighter fluid works for me, cheap, and oderless smile Can be found in grocery stores too