Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > wicked evil...help... (dbl staff simultaneous devil throw)

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
and someoen will no doubt come trouncing by saying how easy this is... but hopefully with advice !

basically, i'm rolling one staff down my thigh and bouncing it off of my thigh into my otehr hand whilst throwing the other staff over my shoulder. both throws are easy when they are not together, but it seems to be wayyy too hard with them both.... and i haev no helmet of any kind....
(at least that's what i envision the end product to look like)

advice?

plus i'm also interested to see how spinning into the rolling thigh throw could be made easier....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi Kyrian,

I'm having trouble visualising your move. Are the staves spinning? if so - which ways? when you say you are thowing the other one over your shoulder, do you mean with spins or flat?

Josh

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
staff going over shoulder... can be spinning( or turning or whatever) or flat.. i've tried it both ways and so far they are equally lethal.

other staff... is rolling down thigh (so far i haev to stall it on my thigh to get it to roll centereed, but then i suck so hey) and then bounced off, so it's spinning but not turning, if those are the right differentiations.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

twirlin' galmember
10 posts

Posted:
hey there,
wish i could help, but it sounds way too technical for me.... i still can't imagine what you are doing????
i am still at the intermediate stage, but that sounds really hard! however you do it...
can you explain it better maybe???

i know it's hard to explain how you do stuff, without doing it first, but extreme detail would help people to understand what your doing..
doesn't sound like anything i have tried before...
poi or staff move?????

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
humm, tis inna staff move section.....

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hmmm...

*waits patiently for someone who has seen her do this come by and explain that this move is too advanced for her...*

ok, you have to understadn that cause i've been on my own almost the only thing i ever practiced was throws. so that's why i haev such weird ideas.

now, as far as throwing your staff over your shoulder.... you stand facing forwards. you have a staff in your hand, i'm just gonna say right, adn you can apply it all to teh othre way too. easiest version when it's a single throw..... throw it flat up in the air over your head and catch it in your left hand, so it started horizantal at teh level of your right shoulder, adn is now horizantal at your left. it seems to me liek this might be in the staff moves section, but i coudl be wrong. you can also throw it up so it's spinning in midair, or so it's turning in mid air.

anyway, otehr staff. raise left leg so thigh is almost parralel to ground. place staff balanced at teh top of your thigh. tilt thigh down a little- so staff rolls down it. as it gets to teh end, snap your leg so the staff goes up in the air. i've never gotten it significantly above head height doing this, but that doesn't make it impossible.

does that help?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
ummmmm, sorry kyrian to be a tad condescending or critical, but you did specifically ask for it, thats way too hard for you right now...

so far from what ive seen you do with staff, you dont quite have the control required to handle two staffs simultaneously, and thats even if they were remaining solidly in contact with your hands...

the move would look wicked cool, specially with flame, but in order to throw double staffs, you have to be able to spin with doubles first...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I knew you'd come by and yell at me eventually, so i figured i might as well put that up as a disclaimer.

Here's my thoughts on that.

A) your right, i can't handle a staff that well. better a little than when you saw me, but not that well.

B) I don't spin dbls, except figure eights sometimes to loosen up. much better figure eights now at that.

C) But I like practicing throws with doubles, because it's an exercise in concentration. Mostly throws and passes, although i still like simultaneous throws. That's why i came up with this one. It was a bizarre combination of other throws i worked on.

D) I know throws are useless until I can put them together with other stuff. But i can't put stuff together unless i know it really well. SO why can't I practice throws.

E) I respect your opinion. I respect todd's too. When I'm learning from you guys or practicing with you your word is gold on staff. However, i'm gonna keep working on weird stuff in addition to what you were having me do when i'm alone, because it's still easier to relearn things than to start from ground zero.

sorry for the lenghth guys !

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah