crescent blazemember
7 posts

Posted:
so ive searched the posts and still havent been able to figure out what the heck a fountain is. i know its a DS move but thats about it. HELP!

...the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles -Kerouac

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ummmmm, r u shure its a ds move? (poi?) quite possible I suppose but maybe i gotta wron idea onna fountain anyway.

stumped, anyone?

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
The fountain is (in this order):

Reverse Weave, Windmill, Forward weave... repeat.

OR:

Forward Weave, Windmill, Reverse Weave... repeat.

That's how I was tought.
Kinudin

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
you mean by turning 180 Kudin?

I thought it was weave/windmill/weave staying on the spot and forcing the poi through 90 degrees.

I suppose there aint no reason you couldent do it like you said if you got a turn in it, hummmm with staff I do my weave crossed with fingerspins (other peaple have another thing), wondrer, wonder...

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Traditionally, fountains are club moves and are variations/tricks with 3 beat weaves. The move is the same with doubles, poi or clubs, except it's a lot harder with doubles, IMO.

The lower fountain is just going from reverse to forward weave, with the change of direction in front, repeated (or visa versa).

The upper fountain is the reverse weave, windmill, forward weave, repeated (or visa versa). Upper means you are doing the fountain at shoulder hight.

The full fountain is a combination of the lower and upper fountains.

OR, you can just do the reverse weave, windmill, forward weave in front, and call that a fountain.

Fountains have been discussed ad-nauseam in poi moves.

[ 27 May 2002, 12:42: Message edited by: Stone ]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
With your feet facing forward, turn your upper body to the right and do the (reverse)weave. Then turn your body to face totally forward and do the windmill. After that turn to the left (with your feet still in the same possition as the start) do the (reverse)weave.

Keep in mind though that there are no wraps at all. So on the second weave you have to do the opposite from the first. Looks slick when you've got it down.

Kinudin