KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
uh, sorry i couldn't be more descriptive. Basically, i was warming up and i did this thing which i guess is a neck wrap only i got the staff to do a 360 spin on my neck before falling on the other side. it was really awesome! i have no idea how i did it. i know nothing about staff. i was sort of looking for someone's idea's on how to do this move?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
was it going all the way round your neck? thats a matter of a little well timed wiggle. Or where you spinning it on your back? we're just discussing that sorta stuff on the @contackt moves thread.

Love

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i wish i could explain myself at all with staff. no, only half way around. well, 3/4
something liek that. starts on one side, ends on the other. and i went part way through the contact moves thread, but i have a hard time followig a lot of it.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
ooo ooo!!!

i know!!!

i think...

basically, its what happens when youre using devil sticks, and you spin one stick around the other, but you cant really do that cause your neck lacks the coordination (at least i dont know anyone that can...)

so basically, if youre spinning in a horizontal plane, and slide your grip towards one end of the staff, and then swing the staff at your neck, so the center of the staff contacts your neck, it will continue to the other side of your neck, where your waiting hand can grab it and continue spinning!!!!!

taa daa!!!!!!

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
errm,

if you hold the staff even further off the center (though not too far) you can lean back and to the side as the staff comes round your neck and let it continue round the front to where it started. I find it easiest to take the staff off with an elbow grip.

as for continious arm/leg wraps I been having a go at it but its really hard, got to throw the staff sorta and slip your arm along it a little every revolution. Havent really got it going, should be possible though, with the arms at least.

Hope this helps,

Love

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
ok, i finally haev a decent full neck wrap down... consistently...altho it's raining right now so i can't practice

anyhow, i still wnat to know how to get that rotation in the middle. even a 180 is fine with me. was it just a dumb accident that's never going to happen again? Or can you actually spin it in the middle of a neck wrap?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay let me see if i understand what you are asking. this is my take on it, in a horozontal spin i use my right arm and bring the staff to the left side of my neck asnd it wraps around, normally i would catch it when it got to the left side, but instead i make it go around another full time past the left side of my neck and again to the right side of th eneck where i can catch it or add a spin on my shoulder. if that is the case, then you just need to give tyourself more handle to work with. meaning that when the staff gets around to the fron of your neck the first time it should be at about the center of its gravity.

i hope this is kind of what you are looking for, let me know if that helped...

anyone got a light?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hmm, nope. sounds cool, but still not what i'm looking for. gah, i haet trying to explain things. i'm gonna try agian tho. ok, the staff starts a wrap, from whatever side. when it gets about level on the neck, it does a spin. or half a spin. just something. then it falls to teh other side, or if ur cool, it could go all the way around to the original side, i guess. any more underrstandable?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah