Page:
[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

playing today i was wandering where i could go from an all the ray round neckwrap. I been catching it in elbow grip and I found if you bend over and keep the staff spinning fairly horisontal you push it onto your back where you can let it spin for a couple of times. when you straiten up the staff goes either under the arm, onto the arm or around the neck depending in the initial force.

do other peeps do this? it feel really good, feel like theres a whole new world about to open...

Love

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Its beutifull,

Its the first female stick Ive had, all the others have been male. shes called the singing stick cos of the gently chastising ringing tone she makes on contackt with the skull. just lovely.

also to report, Ive had twins! and they are very pretty too!

Love

N

-><- Kallisti

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hehe - this is like playtime being watched from between the bars!! damn it! cant wait to hook up with you guys! )

Anyhow -

everyone does the full nelson style neck wrap with a single yes?

in horizontal plane? with a body spin?

You know how the hand to same hand neck wrap is kinda like a half nelson neck wrap? I like doing them when doing same direction horizontal figure 8s with same direction body spins...really nice easy relaxing doubles contact.

Its pretty easy to balance the contacting staff at its midpoint on the back of your neck too when your body spinning, so you can do the hand to same hand wrap more slowly and relaxedly.

Cheers for the ideas!

Josh

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
dats nice josh,

doubles one minero showd me was alternated horisontal neckwraps, with the staffs going round the neck from the back (rather than full nelson style, which is harder). Also is forward btb cross-shoulder backwraps alternating, needs longish doubles i find.

also, going backwards figure eights alternate you can place the stick in the middle of your back and have it roll over the opposite shoulder to drop under the other arm where you catch it btb. alternate thease.

Note to readers, not sayin I can do all this stuff smoothly but minero inspired all this stuff and got me right back into the twins.

Also (and this is mine) I was shown the move pozee was describing going over the elbows with the hands at the neck (one for the 'nameing staff moves'?) but found it awkward myself untill i discovered it made for a very easy pivot 360. over one elbow at the left, turn, over the right elbow, turn onto the back of the neck and keep turning to catch off your left shouder. quite nice and actually easyier to pull off than the normal 360 pivot.

Hope this keeps ya busy, im desperatly trying to get all this stuff nailed for my vid entry.

Have fun!

N

-><- Kallisti

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
nice one N. adding the neck to shoulder, feels good doesnt it...

anyone got a light?

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
nix do you remember the one where(for others also!) you put the staff on your shoulder(horixontal) and give it a push, it goes round under your arm onto your back.... now try with two, when that staff is in the middle of your back(the other being passed round the back, horizontal also) put the second staff on top and come out doing staff on staff contact.... and smile cos you are doing something silly
Rob

still grovelling nix....ps met my dad today...what is your last name for reference? :-)

brain replacement...anyone?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:

dont grovel, its unbefitting of your skills.

really really nice.

got a silly one two but its a variation. staff from underarm tuck rolls across your body up to opposite shoulder, turn 180 in the direction of that shoulder, silly, but you can neckpinch and stuff.

going from elbow catches (horisontal) to back spins now...

still havent got the fishtail. anybody ?

l

n

-><- Kallisti

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I've heard that the easiest way to learn it is by putting a reasonably tight rubber band around your wrist and then threading the staff through it - it increases the friction...

I cant do it tho

Best of Luck

Josh

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
okie nix? I'm trying to catch up, but I had a creative half hour:

new and sick
helicopter spinning, clockwise left hand to right hand, 3.5 turns contact only. no hands. along the top of the arms including front half of a neck wrap in the middle.
kindof like wrist wrap, elbow wrap, shoulder wrap, front neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist into hand. with half a turn for each.
tee he

Not solid, but I have landed a few perfect ones
Hell, it took me 1.5 years to get the right hand to left hand roll across the top of the arms with 2.5 turns, clockwise helicopter.(steves move) So I can wait.

Still can.t get better than 1.5 times round on a neck wrap, but I know continuous is possible, anyone got any tips.

lots of gloves
Glass
------------------------------
In case of emergency,...

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
fishtail? i think an easier way to learn it is to do a full arm fish tail to actually understand the motion. basically you do a shoulder wrap(we will say with the right arm) but instead of letting that leading end of the staff exit on the same side, move your arm to the opposite side of your body so that it comes out in front of you. normally the staff will roll down your arm to your hand at that point.

anyone got a light?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Havin been practicin my buns off for da video I nailed the pivot 360 and have this to report.

Hold the staff in the middle, when it goes onto your shoulder the ballance point should be on or even slightly behind the shoulder.

took me ages to find that out. humm.

where can I go from leg wraps, mine just seem to fly smoothly down my leg and offa toe into a bush. (fun) dont seem to have time to kick it into the air.

Love

N

-><- Kallisti

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Only just started staff and am not too impressive yet but this stuff sounds amazing! Just you wait til I fugure out how to spin the blasted thing........

*bounces off to find that broom handle, or take down another curtain rail if all else fails.......*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
behind the back full arm fishtail type thing. basically you set the staff on your arm from BTB and then fish tail it to the front of your body...

anyone got a light?

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
not fishtailing (managed about four...hmmm)but doing continuous turns on the back of the hand...kind of like a fish after a bad stroke.

grovel (tho for pun this time)

variant on vertical back rolls to underarm catches... unfortunately you have to learn what i call waist wraps but arent really... i think i can describe this, but maybe not... anyway. first things first. both hands doing reverse of normal(so alterate spins.) then one hand snakes under the shoulder and round the back before coming in front on the other side to complete a butterfly with one hand completely round your body...

next bit

same again on the other side, then practise doing both sides continuously.

now for the contact.
guess maybe pratising with one is a good plan. but onwards. do a back roll (right arm) and let the staff drop under your left arm back into your right hand btb.
this is doable with doubles believe me. then after a month or two of both of these moves(lies, i have been trying them for longer, smoothity has been a while coming) you will discover that as the staff drops into your right hand you are in the right place to do the butterfly from the other bit. and then again on the other side!!!!!
but no video camera so not only can i not post it i can't enter(sob!)
maybe i will send something late and see if i can get an honourable mention :-)

nix... interesting thing with leg wraps(vertical?) if you are doing doubles you can actually stop the one you have been wrapping on the ground whilst carrying onwith the other...then swap, kind of like with the neckstops...

but for pure ridiculousness and light relief i have been attempting and occasionally getting elbow throws(hor.) into headspins into elbow catches on the other side....requires big padded hair.. teehee

Enjoy....glass i cant wait to see this stuff.....
Rob

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Lol rob,

Im shure yer bonce is think enought to take it

with that pervious post are you saying add the waistwrap thingy to the over-shoulder-btb-catch thingy and do it alternate?

humm....

I wanna meet glass too!

Love

N

P.s. I totally dont mean what you get about the leg wraps, yes vertical but it ends up at my foot. stall from there?

-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
yep. bring it down and stop flat on the ground, do sth with the other one and then do like a juggling kick up again or anything that tickles your fancy.

still got finns on the brain is there some remedy?

you can also turn out of the (non)waistwrap thingy into butterflies that move all round your body mmmmmmmm
ciao

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
otherwise try stalling and moving out horizontally...just tried it with flick up btb ove the shoulder. the bruise will be down soon tho i guess.
boa noite
Rob

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
hehe, Finns, fins or fin? humm.

butterflythingsounds nice, tho im not entirly shure what your onnabout.

Cya

N

-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
hmmm...not done it for a few days so even i am not sure anymore. but trying the roll accross the back to under the amr catch today i accidentally caught on the back of the hand and did a fishtail btb. recommend to all...

is how finns leave me at present...

R

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:

-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
here we go....

both staffs spinning horizontal left(i am right handed...) left hand goes btb, contact roll accross stomach, catch in left hand on left side of body.... immediately followed by right hand contact roll from right hip accross stomach, catch at left hip btb... repeat ad nauseam, I LOVE THIs MOVE..... not advisable on fire with anything less than abt 140cm toys, unless extra skinny(nix you should be ok...hehehe.)

got more but poor so net time is short...
Rob

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
I kinda got the fistail now, s'onna video if it makes it...

N

-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
mine just aint gonna make it, but not to worry, i will bask in the thoughts that i could have won, then watch the col3 vid and sit in shame as all the masters parade their stuff and i force myself to practise more

severe new contact sessions tho, doing some stuff with three staffs, if you can stall the third one then you suddenly have free hands, if you can then stall a second one somewhere else(at the moment neck and foot are the easiest,, but elbows, knees, hips and head are on the cards) then you have even more freedom, do you remember the move with one constantly swapping sides on the neck stall, i think it was earlier in this thread, could be wrong tho...well, imagine it with one staff being thrown constantly, one btb(doing pinwheels? naming was never my strong point...)and one on the neck. mmmm
so nix if you have time practise and film i want to see this one on the vid
axé
Mineiro

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah right, just you sit in anticipation...

love

N

-><- Kallisti

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Yo peeps, fiannally got a little further with the contact.

Been looking at going from a stall under the armpit, rolled across the cheast to opposite shoulder, round the armpit across the back and catch the short end that comes round underneith you arm. You can wip this out in a huge fast arc and on you go...

N

-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
hah! days ahead of you my friend....

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Well done Nix! It's great to get moves that aren't your usual slelction isn't it, a really cool feeling...

And Miniero...I hope that was sarcasm (if so, please put a little after the comment.

This board is here to help and encourage others, not for nasty sounding comments like the one above.

If it was meant in jest, please make sure people can tell as it does come across as pretty mean and callous.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
/runs to Miniero and affixes a daffodil to lament his staff.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Dont worry charles, minero's my friend and Im shure he was quite serious, in a very nice way, in that I have so much more to learn and what fun it will be!

I hope thats what he ment...

N

-><- Kallisti

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
apologies to those who misunderstood... muchmuch respect to nix for beautiful staffage, he was quite right and jest was intended....sorry charles. but i will only affix where i feel necessary.....
love Rob

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

-><- Kallisti

Page: