Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Double Staff throw with a kick

Login/Join to Participate

lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
Hey,I've worked out a bit of a nice move for all you double staff twirlers.Basically you have the two staffs (short staffs) spinning like an egg beater (left hand going anti-clockwise, right going clockwise) in front of you.You do a throw up so both are spinning into the air(easy so far)...no the other week instead of catching them I tried jumping up and kicking them with both my feet so they change their spinning direction and fly back into the air....next time they come down, catch them and continue twirling...or kick them again, spinning them in the oppisite direction.Doing this trick, however, I have snapped two of my home made aluminium staffs and one of my wooden ones with al. ends....dang it eh?Looks awesome though.You can do it with one staff too - just do your normal hand over hand spin in front of you (circle) then hit it up like you normally would so its spinning in the air. when it comes down, kick it in the middle to reverse the spin and make it go up again.Oh- Ive only 'made' this trick like 10 times out of about 1000 attempts. so keep practicing smiletell me if you have any more luck with it, any new ideas to make it easier...cheers,lluhmas------------------Fire is Love

BAHOOGA! It's the penguin-people!Gertrude, get me my lollypop and we'll lick 'em to death..and?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Thank you, Iluhmas.Sounds like a move that's pretty hard on the poor wee staffs, and on your feet if you have heavy staffs.One quick question too, you SNAPPED your aluminium staffs? Aluminium isn't really the sort of metal that snaps, unless it's wafer thin. In my experience it bends and warps a lot from manual use, not matter how quickly you apply pressure. I must admit to never even seeing aluminium tearing from manual use either.Are you certain they were aluminium? Or were they a hardened type that I'm not aware of?------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
When you say "egg beater, do you mean fingerspin rotors?I think, Charles, you need to bump the naming staff moves thread yet again......and again...and again, ad infinitum.....Well keeps you off the streets I suppose grin

Meh

lluhmasmember
63 posts

Posted:
The two aluminum staffs I made were my first ones that I built. I used this red aluminum from like a sponge thingo stick thing...like a mop squeegie. you know what im talking about. It was a smidgen thicker than an aluminum can....it had a slight fracture (dent) in the place where it ripped apart. I cut my finger on it frownI now use 1mm thick aluminium piping.....it will never snap smileI dunno if thats what I mean. yes, post the trick names again asap...cheers,Lluhmas------------------Fire is Love

BAHOOGA! It's the penguin-people!Gertrude, get me my lollypop and we'll lick 'em to death..and?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
When i go to other people's houses I have a tendancy to seek out those mop thingies and, unscrewing the head, take them out back and spin them. I leave a trail of impromtu staffs behind me in my wake grin tongue

Meh