[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yohavent seen any of thease up here so here's a simple one for you all...firstly you gotta be able to do alternate backwards spinning throws either side of your body, catching on the right with the left hand, bringing the staff across and throwing on the left side before catching with the right and so on.The flourish is called the 'snatch' and to do it throw a slow backward spin to the side and when you catch it with the other hand pull it as fast as you can across the body. turn you body 90 degrees toward the hand with the staff as you fling it up and behind you, from there you can go into pinwheel or whatever. Thios is dead simple and relies on the the change of pace and position of the staf to make it look inpressive. It looks and feels like you are throwing the staff away at random, very fast. there is a varient called the '360 snatch' where you turn right round (essentially a fast pirroette) after the catch.n'way, I got a couple of others but Im guarding them slightly, as they are sorta my signature moves. quid pro quo, prehaps... winkLoveN

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
wohah. thats an odd move... but every move is choppy when i cant quite do it smothly yet. duh. yet. thank you for giving my something to work on. lately been working on btb palspins and tosses. if this is going to me a new moves thrread... oops babys crying gotta go

TheGrynygoggmember
47 posts

Posted:
Could pictures be posted to help my frail mind cope with such information please? I don't think that I even know the throws of which you speak.

Just ignore me. Everyone else does.

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
Is this anything like a flourish with juggling clubs? I can do them when juggling 3 clubs, but from the way you describe the move it sounds quite different, also I thought flourish's were most effective when you grab the thing to be flung at 1 end, not in the middle as with staff?

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,jester, I call this a flourish because were not actually doing anything special but making it look good. I have other flourishes that involve holding the staff further down but they are harder to describe.to get the throws:with one hand spin backwards figure eights in fron of your body (with the pinky end first heading towards your head). so with the right hand its going over to the left, and back to the right. simple figure 8.as the right hand comes from left to right there is a natural point at which you can let go of the stick and throw it. catch the stick with the left hand without moving your body. Its possible with this throw to throw it right over you, turn 180 and catch with the other hand (going forwards) but for the perposes of the snatch you want to stay with the backwards throw and catch.once the stick is in your left hand (at the right side of the body) bring it across to the left and imeadatly throw. catch with the right and continue...No piccy's Im afraid, but Im gonna have a video inna next competition...LoveN

-><- Kallisti

TheGrynygoggmember
47 posts

Posted:
I find it soo hard to visulise a move move when reading how to do it, so I went out side and tried it and it works. Is it just me or does everyone have trouble visulising the written word?

Just ignore me. Everyone else does.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
Shit nix!Please tell me you got this going with single staff, not doubles.See ya later.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
no man, but its good idea, question is, would you follow or mirror? I suppose I use it anyway but without the throws. humm smileN

-><- Kallisti