Scratch_n_Sniffmember
9 posts

Posted:
I've just purchased a blue electroglo staff and it's FANTASTIC. But I'm finding it incredibly light compared to my normal aluminium fire staff... has anyone got any good ideas on how to increase the weight of it at all? I've tried taping coins to the ends, but that doesn't seem to be making much of a difference.------------------Needless complexity is a sign of a conditioned mind...Simplicity is the missing ingredient

Needless complexity is a sign of a conditioned mind...
Simplicity is the missing ingredient

Scratch_n_Sniffmember
9 posts

Posted:
Anyone? frown------------------Needless complexity is a sign of a conditioned mind...Simplicity is the missing ingredient

Needless complexity is a sign of a conditioned mind...
Simplicity is the missing ingredient

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,I gotta HUGE firestick thats steel and heavy and recently I gotta electroglow, about half the size. I have to say that its better to treat the 'glow like a diffrent toy, one that as the same basic moves but diffrent rules about momentum direction and clearance. Its better to make advantages of the differance than trying to make it 'feel' like your ally staff, as this won't really happen, start seeing how fast you can make that baby go, get another one.... smilecyaN

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I agree with Nix. Extremely light staff work more like baton twirling in the US than a heavy long staff does and it really does pay to learn the two different styles.They also both benefit from each a lot if you are doing them both as well.Biggest difference is you need to keep the momentum of the lighter one up by constant manipulation and flicking the wrist and other moves that don't work with the big heavies. Look at devil stick moves too,very cool...Cheers------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
hey, do we gat a point for that? wink

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti