Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > someone help me name this please?

Login/Join to Participate

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
alright - i wasn't able to find this at all so someone help me here if i'm missing the "deemed correct terminology" for this move...i start by holding one end of the staff, and flicking my palm ONLY to flick the staff into the air so that the other end rotates towards me and i catch itbut wait there's more, while still holding the end, rotate the staff forward behind your arm and as it's going to the outside of and reaches the down beat, flick it again behind your back and turn to catch it, you should be holding the end again so you'll be able to repeat the move.------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I don't know the name but I know that cane twirlers have been doing it since black and white tv days. Might want to check into a cane twirling site if the name is important! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
A friend showed me the first one with a whole load of stick fighting moves, so it probably has a name in with those.And now pele's mentioned it, I've see a wicked video of Fred Astaire dancing with that one inI like the sound of the variation you wrote psylentz, I'm going to have a go at it, at viaduct tomorrow night, see if I can remember some of the other variants.latas potatasGlass

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
why do i "recreate" moves? i thought it up my damn self! : tongueout:: but oh well that's cool, yah - i'm gonna order a glow staff soon, it'll look killa with that...

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think you should call it "Kevin"

Meh