pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i want to get some ideas of some things that me and my buddy can do together. we have been working on passes and synchronicity and stuff. any suggestions would be cool. i guess i should learn the names of all the staff jargen now thaat i am doing that a lot more...

anyone got a light?

TheGrynygoggmember
47 posts

Posted:
I have an idea. It is a very good idea, but I can't let you have it. Sorry, nothing personal. Just it is too important that I'm part of the team that does it first.

Just ignore me. Everyone else does.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've been thinking about a staff version of the mexican wave involving 2 people and 3 staffs. But have thus far had no one to try it with.Basically you and the other guy stand, backs facing each other, a slight distance apart. One of you has 2 staffs,the other has one (oddly enough).The guy with 2 begins to perform the mexican wave. As the first staff goes back behind his head the other guy reaches behind and takes it. The whole movement continues with each staffer passing and catching behind him. Like 2 jugglers, maybe, only back to back.I don't think i explained it all that well. Needs some work too. Like i said I haven't actually tried it yet. But it's an idea for you.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I always thought it looked awesome when two people stood side by side, facing the same direction, and mirored each other.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
here's one im willing to share... two staffers stand back to back. dancer 1: weed wacker(I know you hate that name)-helicopter-pass off to the right/recieve to the left. dancer2:helicopter-weed wacker(I know you hate that name)-pass off to the right/recieve to the left. repeat. sory but its simple im tired im not going into detail.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i can definately visualize that cantus, let me see if i am right, basically there are three staffs and you do a over the head pass with one of them, so one person has 2 and then the other person has 2? is that right?somebody doesnt like to share. if you are doing group stuff, try this one, its my latest and greatest i guess.one person is facing the crowd, both have a staff. the other person is facing the crowd about 10 feet behind them. the person in fron ducks down and the person in back does kind of a slow front handspring and lands the back of his knees on the ducked down persons shoulders and keeps rolling forward, during that roll the person bending down stands up and they both comence to spinning.basically a hyped up way to get one person on top of the other persons shoulders.anyone else want to share. i really like the acrobatic stuff, it just adds another bit of flare to the performance...

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
So i did explain it ok then. Yes Pozee that's how you do it.

Meh

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Yes, nice move, Cantus. I'll try it.We've been experimenting with various group moves in my troupe. A couple of the guys and I do choreographed stage combat with long staffs. And I've been trying out some pair acobatic moves with the smaller females in the group. One move we do is based on the "angel," a common acobatic move. The move starts out with the female twirling two firesticks overhead. I step to her left side, facing the same direction, ducking under the sticks. Then I bend foward at the waist, bending my knees, and wrap my arms around her hips. Then lift her up, staightening your legs, leaning to the left, and rotating her legs past the back of your head til she is rotated 180 degrees, facing forward, stomach down. The female has to tighten her tummy and arch her back. I hold her on my right shoulder and have my right arm wrapped around her waist to keep her there. Once our balance is set, she passes one of the firesticks into my left hand. Then she does a two-handed rotor and I do a finger-spin behind my back, making a flaming two-propellered combo human thing. Then I stagger off stage, trying not to drop anybody. Maximusp.s. here's a sketch...lets see if it works.

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:

crazed_bunnymember
12 posts

Posted:
you may wish to try
Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by crazed_bunny (edited 13 January 2002).]

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Right! I thought it was possible to post a pic.That's even the code I typed in but the BB changed it somehow...Show me the code and I'll post some firesword animations.Maximus

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
that looks pretty cool, i was thinking of something like that, but mine was mor of her sitting on my shoulder instead of laying down. jsut need to develop a little more strength to lift the said person up...one that we do, is for the female to strattle me and do a back bend while i spin the staff around her body. basically me standing up with her legs wrapped around my waist and bending back. then i support her legs and she does a flip out...

anyone got a light?

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
you guys are real dirty... i'm going back to the 'poi moves' discussion board wink

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
We are not dirty!!!We just don't wash very often...------------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
Here's one that me and my pal like to do, and it looks very very cool. We stand about ten running paces away facing each other, run towards each other then leap grabbing your partners' wrist in mid-air. because of the momentum you each have behind you, you will spin 180 and land facing the opposite direction. Be sure to let go. I got inspiration from this one watching The Matrix, it chancged the way I bend.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
It didn't change the way you bend, there is no you. (doesn't work quite like a spoon eh?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

HitokageSILVER Member
70 posts

Posted:
1. Two people standing facing each other.2. Person "A" has dipped, but unlit poi.3. Person "B" has lit staff.4. "A" throws one poi to "B", who literally baseball bats the poi back, lighting it in the process (once you get good at this, try throwing the second poi before you catch the first).5. Poi hits "A" in head6. Repeat until "A" either catches poi, or dies.------------------"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever" -Mahatma Ghandi"Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form." -Hitokage----FireStorm---(jimidawg@snet.net)

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever -Mahatma Ghandi

Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form. -Hitokage-

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Bendy? What? I didn't undertsand that or Phuzzie's last few rods either...How can doing a combination 180 horizonatl clothline (which is very cool by the way) affect the way you bend?Just a little confused (as always)------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
Charles, It wasn't the move that changed the way I bend it was the film The Matrix. I hope I've cleared things up for you.------------------A wise man once said to me, "Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe!" and in a way I guess he was right.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Another option, rather the not-for-everyone super gymnastic events, is to do throws with staffs.Starting off simply.Two people facing each other can do a flat throw (no spin) with one being lower than the other, each catch and break into different moves...Or face each other and each throws a spinning rotor from their right hand to the other's left. Not AT each other, keep it to their left so they can reach out and grab it, without getting sconned.A pretty one is where one person throws a high rotor and moves away while another comes forward and catches it. Doing this so the first person get sa nother staff and then it repeats, gives the first persona very cool way to start a doubles routine too.None of them are rocket science, but they do look quite flashy for non-firies and are definitely fun for all the fireys grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

o-omember
78 posts

Posted:
lmao!nice post hitokage......won't be trying that tho.