PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
yah i know the names really queer and it's probably been done a thousand times, but i needed something easy to explain and easy to do1. start off with the staff in your right hand palm up while holding in the center2. let the staff roll down till it is touching the bicep 3. snap the bicep and either lean back, duck or make sure you REALLY snap it ( i use a heavy staff for this) 4. catch in the crook of the other arm and repeat in reverse direction "snapping" your arm to throw it over your head5. to finish the move, repeat as many times as you want (or twice if you stink like me) and then bend over so you look like your flexing your arms, WITHOUT YOUR HANDS only your elbow, rotate your arm so you launch the staff in the air rotating, catch with the other handi know this sounds wicked queer, so please don't make fun of me TOO badpsy------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've been doing that recently too. Looks like I'm going have to drag out the naming staff moves thread again.I think roll staff into right arm elbow grip then erm...Where's Charles when you need him? wink

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
off 'snooglimg' with his fiance (theres a new word for the thread...*blush*------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
hmm. i guess that's the appropriate title, but seeing yer snappin the staff between biceps, i thought popeye was cute... frown

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Like the name. Like the move. Thanks for posting it.Maximus

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Sounds painful.. *I value my eyes*Okay bad joke.. whatever wink------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
NO problems with the name of the move P. Just the descriptive language you used. Charles used to be right with me on this one (championing the cause) but it seems he doesn't care anymore.We tried to come up with a standardised terminology for describing how a particular move was performed so that we'd all know what we were talking about. Check Maximus' double staff thread to see what i mean - sorry dude, but you do get a little vague in the middle. Thanks for the namecheck BTW grinIf we can break the description down into it's composite parts and make these as simple as we can then everyone can learn from it. Rather than saying "i do this and then it er flies over there and I kinda catch it there and...and..and"I'm not having a go. Just trying to make it easy for everyone.I'll bump the naming moves thread and you can browse through. If you don't like some of the terms or whatever then simply say. It has to be terminology that everyone is happy with after all. And anyway charles came up with most of it.......*tiptoes quietly away*

Meh

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
Woo-hoo! I did the "Popeye" before the public for the first time last night. It was in a crowded club in Los Angeles. Very little room to move, and the Popeye was especially good as a crowd-pleasing aerial that didn't require any twirling to set up. I was also wearing braces on my forearms, which I had never done in practice (duh!), and found that the lower edge helped hold the shaft in my elbow during catches.Fun move. Thanks again!Maximus