yashiromember
77 posts

Posted:
I've stop spinning for quite a time and started with staff and just learned the windmill & one haded weave(figure 8), while i was practicing i tried to do a turn using the figure 8 and it worked, just wanted to share a beginners experience(haven't seen that in the staff lessons)

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Yes, I love doing turning moves, they add a lot to a performance.The easiest way I've found to do it is by switching between forward and reverse weaves as you turn. It looks lovely once you get the foot work right.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 01 January 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
my favorite turns are catching on my foot and kicking it above my head (almost like a horizontal throw) and turning to catch it, also, spinning it behind my back to turn, or putting it between my legs and just turning after i pull it out------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, turning rocks and looks really squiffy from the audience's point of view. you can tilt it into horisontal as you turn too, great for running around.Nix

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Psylentz, I think I may have done that move with my last girlfriend.......But then, she never would let me set her on fire......------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Mikemember
9 posts

Posted:
Try turning while you spin it horozontly around your neck. Turn with the staff, it does good!!!!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I actually do that. I have a whole combiation that starts out in a helicopter, goes into a neck wrap, into a waist wrap, back to a neck wrap, back to helicopter, to BTB helicopter, to neck wrap, to waist wrap/stall. And I'm turning through the whole thing. Looks the shit.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.