• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

spiffspiff

Total posts: 52
Posted:how do i make poi that do thishttp://www.juggling.co.nz/images/jason1a.jpg

Delete Topic

Simos

enthusiast

Total posts: 382
Posted:that is a truly AMAZING picture indeed spiffspiff
Non-Https Image Link
- i know that you can achieve a similar effect by attaching sparklers (see previous discussion - use the search function) on your chains but since i never did it myself i keep wondering if you can achieve that effect with normal sparklers - maybe someone with more experience could enlighten us both
Non-Https Image Link
!!! also check out http://www.juggling.co.nz/_disc1/000001b7.htmhappy
swinging,Simos[This message has been edited by Simos (edited 21 January 2001).]

Delete

Finn

Total posts: 341
Posted:I think I remember reading somewhere that the guy in this picture used a couple of fireworks attached to each poi to get this effect.
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Dimitri

Total posts: 26
Posted:I think this picture was created by steel wool being wrapped around the poi before being lit. The burning wool, burns like a sparkler with centrifugal forces shedding the sparks in large showers.

Delete

Simos

enthusiast

Total posts: 382
Posted:i think Finn is right - fireworks seems more like it for that pic - you could also use Dimitri's suggestion ( by steel wool meaning the stuff you use to scrap plates, pans etc ) but i would be careful of how to attach it and what moves to do with it as i remember as a kid swinging those things at Easter (just a tradition) and as far as i remember lots of sparks and burning pieces of wool come flying off in all directions...hope this helps,Simos

Delete

spiffspiff

Total posts: 52
Posted:Steel wool seems like a pretty good idea. But fireworks? I don't even think i can legally buy those here(massachusetts, USA)...Just had an idea. I'm emailing Jason Bickley (the guy in the picture) to find out. I'll tell you guys if i find anything.Spiff

Delete

Rain

Total posts: 69
Posted:just a word of advice. if anyone is planning on doing the steel wool thing be sure to ware shoes. i found this out the hard way when i stepped on a bit of hot metal which had landed near my feet. Rain.

Delete